IGNORED

Golf Buddy's Secret Life as Fugitive Bank Robber

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do you really know your golf buddies?

3000.jpeg

Just before Thomas Randele died, his wife of nearly 40 years asked his golfing buddies and...

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ouch!!!

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

$200k isn't that much, even in today's dollars. And he could have spent it just evading people for a year, living on the run. Not worth it, it seems.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

$200k isn't that much, even in today's dollars. And he could have spent it just evading people for a year, living on the run. Not worth it, it seems.

I did not do the math myself but the article stated that $215,000 stolen in 1969 is @ $1.6 million in today's dollars. 

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, StuM said:

I did not do the math myself but the article stated that $215,000 stolen in 1969 is @ $1.6 million in today's dollars. 

I know because I read it. 😄 So the rest of what I said… holds. He probably spent it in a year of being on the run. That's probably expensive.

1969?endYear=2021&amount=215000&noads=1&

$215,000 in 1969 is now equivalent to $1,583,256.38 in 2021.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

And he had to cut ties with his friends and family, assume a new identity, etc. He managed to live a full life despite it all, but I wouldn’t do that for $1.6mil even without having to evade the authorities.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, billchao said:

And he had to cut ties with his friends and family, assume a new identity, etc. He managed to live a full life despite it all, but I wouldn’t do that for $1.6mil even without having to evade the authorities.

Yeah. I may do it for $20M if I'm guaranteed I wouldn't get caught, ever, and nobody else would either, and that's my take-home total. I'd probably give half to my wife/daughter.

Is effectively "dying" to your wife/kid worth $10M? The only other "family" I've got is my mom, really.

Maybe.

We've been married for awhile, and I could watch them from afar. And, well, technically if I'm guaranteed I'm never caught… what's to stop me from taking them with me to Paris or another country somewhere? 😉

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah. I may do it for $20M if I'm guaranteed I wouldn't get caught, ever, and nobody else would either, and that's my take-home total. I'd probably give half to my wife/daughter.

Is effectively "dying" to your wife/kid worth $10M? The only other "family" I've got is my mom, really.

Maybe.

We've been married for awhile, and I could watch them from afar. And, well, technically if I'm guaranteed I'm never caught… what's to stop me from taking them with me to Paris or another country somewhere? 😉

You really think you could keep a low profile, even in a different country?   :bugout: 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

You really think you could keep a low profile, even in a different country?   :bugout: 

I keep a low profile in this country already. Why couldn't I do it somewhere else?

Plus, again, I've got a guarantee of never getting caught. 🙂

• 5 weeks later...

Would I leave my wife and kids for $1.6M...  I dunno...  that's a lot of money.... but I'd probably pay it. 😉😆

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Note: This thread is 818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!