IGNORED

Is PXG Dying?

Note: This thread is 778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Wish I had never said that.  Though you probably know, it was a reference to Vinsk's special ability to shank a rare shot.

Yeah. I got it. Just having a bit of fun at @Vinskexpense. I’m betting he hasn’t taken offense at some lightheartedness. 😊

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

Yeah. I got it. Just having a bit of fun at @Vinskexpense. I’m betting he hasn’t taken offense at some lightheartedness. 😊

Lol. Oh hell no…fire away! I must say having clubs that are 2* flat has helped me. Well….I just f***** that all up.😳

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Lol. Oh hell no…fire away! I must say having clubs that are 2* flat has helped me. Well….I just f***** that all up.😳

Have you considered hockey sticks? I bet it would be hard to hit a hosel rocket with those.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

48 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Hey @Vinsk,

Do you like PXG putters? 

I haven’t tried one. I use the Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven. I like the looks of the PXG mallets of course. 

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Have you considered hockey sticks? I bet it would be hard to hit a hosel rocket with those.

Lol. I’ve actually never played hockey nor even ice skated. The strange thing is if I picture myself hitting a hockey shot, either left or right handed ‘feels’ good. My mixed-dominance often does that to me.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I am thinking of picking up the 2021 0221 dc irons. Read a lot about them over the last few days. Jacked up lofts by design with 1/2 in longer shafts. Very attractive irons for a very reasonable price. Am i missing anything about these irons? If this is not the proper thread please move. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

2 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I am thinking of picking up the 2021 0221 dc irons. Read a lot about them over the last few days. Jacked up lofts by design with 1/2 in longer shafts. Very attractive irons for a very reasonable price. Am i missing anything about these irons? If this is not the proper thread please move. 

If you prefer more traditional lofts and lengths you could always go for the 0221 ST's. 

Roughly the same price.

I pulled the trigger on the 0211 dc irons. It came down between them and the Titleist T300 irons.  For the price and the reviews on the 0211 it made the choice easy. $60 shipping was annoying but even so well under what I had allocated for irons. 

Playing the AP1 714 now. Could have held off but why not. You guys re peaked my interest with this thread. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

9 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I pulled the trigger on the 0211 dc irons. It came down between them and the Titleist T300 irons.  For the price and the reviews on the 0211 it made the choice easy. $60 shipping was annoying but even so well under what I had allocated for irons. 

Playing the AP1 714 now. Could have held off but why not. You guys re peaked my interest with this thread. 

Nice brother. Please post a pic when they arrive. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

CBBE1E32-BB65-4327-9FEE-1C1993F8BEF0.thumb.jpeg.cc43fbeb3be8dfa449b947812f150cab.jpeg

Will post more later in the what’s in your golf bag thread(still a favorite thread). Very attractive clubs at first glance. I do not like the grips. Not a big deal as they weee getting changed regardless. I am the insane person where all clubs must have the same grip(does not improve my game). 

Correction WITB Photo Edition! thread

• Thumbs Up 1

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

One round with my swing and they will look aged. 

• Funny 1

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

CBBE1E32-BB65-4327-9FEE-1C1993F8BEF0.thumb.jpeg.cc43fbeb3be8dfa449b947812f150cab.jpeg

Will post more later in the what’s in your golf bag thread(still a favorite thread). Very attractive clubs at first glance. I do not like the grips. Not a big deal as they weee getting changed regardless. I am the insane person where all clubs must have the same grip(does not improve my game). 

Correction WITB Photo Edition! thread

Man, those look nice.

I love shiny things.

2 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

One round with my swing and they will look aged. 

I can send you some club head covers if you like!  😁

They look good. Hope you love them. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2022 at 3:34 PM, jmanbooyaa said:

Despite being a cast, not forged iron, I find contact just as pleasing as I do with my Apex 19s. I haven't seen the performance on the course that I saw in my fitting, yet. I may need time to adjust to the added length or offset, or, it could just be the cold weather and having to wear as many as 5 layers to stay warm! I think they are a great value for someone on a budget in particular and they really are a nice looking club.

44 minutes ago, TexasSR75070 said:

Despite being a cast, not forged iron, I find contact just as pleasing as I do with my Apex 19s. I haven't seen the performance on the course that I saw in my fitting, yet. I may need time to adjust to the added length or offset, or, it could just be the cold weather and having to wear as many as 5 layers to stay warm! I think they are a great value for someone on a budget in particular and they really are a nice looking club.

I agree. I have them and often compare them with my Callaway X Forged CB irons. I have the Mitsubishi MMT 80 in the PXG set and the 950 GH NEO In the X Forged. Higher launch with the Callaway as expected with the shafts. The X Forged may be a little hotter off the face but otherwise I really like them both.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I agree. I have them and often compare them with my Callaway X Forged CB irons. I have the Mitsubishi MMT 80 in the PXG set and the 950 GH NEO In the X Forged. Higher launch with the Callaway as expected with the shafts. The X Forged may be a little hotter off the face but otherwise I really like them both.

I have the MMT 60 in my PXG set and Recoils in my Apex irons. How do you think those two shafts compare?

Note: This thread is 778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!