Jump to content
IGNORED

Is PXG Dying?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Wish I had never said that.  Though you probably know, it was a reference to Vinsk's special ability to shank a rare shot.

Yeah. I got it. Just having a bit of fun at @Vinskexpense. I’m betting he hasn’t taken offense at some lightheartedness. 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Zippo said:

Yeah. I got it. Just having a bit of fun at @Vinskexpense. I’m betting he hasn’t taken offense at some lightheartedness. 😊

Lol. Oh hell no…fire away! I must say having clubs that are 2* flat has helped me. Well….I just f***** that all up.😳

  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Lol. Oh hell no…fire away! I must say having clubs that are 2* flat has helped me. Well….I just f***** that all up.😳

Have you considered hockey sticks? I bet it would be hard to hit a hosel rocket with those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

48 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Hey @Vinsk,

Do you like PXG putters? 

I haven’t tried one. I use the Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven. I like the looks of the PXG mallets of course. 

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Have you considered hockey sticks? I bet it would be hard to hit a hosel rocket with those.

Lol. I’ve actually never played hockey nor even ice skated. The strange thing is if I picture myself hitting a hockey shot, either left or right handed ‘feels’ good. My mixed-dominance often does that to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am thinking of picking up the 2021 0221 dc irons. Read a lot about them over the last few days. Jacked up lofts by design with 1/2 in longer shafts. Very attractive irons for a very reasonable price. Am i missing anything about these irons? If this is not the proper thread please move. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I am thinking of picking up the 2021 0221 dc irons. Read a lot about them over the last few days. Jacked up lofts by design with 1/2 in longer shafts. Very attractive irons for a very reasonable price. Am i missing anything about these irons? If this is not the proper thread please move. 

If you prefer more traditional lofts and lengths you could always go for the 0221 ST's. 

Roughly the same price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I pulled the trigger on the 0211 dc irons. It came down between them and the Titleist T300 irons.  For the price and the reviews on the 0211 it made the choice easy. $60 shipping was annoying but even so well under what I had allocated for irons. 
 

Playing the AP1 714 now. Could have held off but why not. You guys re peaked my interest with this thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I pulled the trigger on the 0211 dc irons. It came down between them and the Titleist T300 irons.  For the price and the reviews on the 0211 it made the choice easy. $60 shipping was annoying but even so well under what I had allocated for irons. 
 

Playing the AP1 714 now. Could have held off but why not. You guys re peaked my interest with this thread. 

Nice brother. Please post a pic when they arrive. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 2 weeks later...

CBBE1E32-BB65-4327-9FEE-1C1993F8BEF0.thumb.jpeg.cc43fbeb3be8dfa449b947812f150cab.jpeg

Will post more later in the what’s in your golf bag thread(still a favorite thread). Very attractive clubs at first glance. I do not like the grips. Not a big deal as they weee getting changed regardless. I am the insane person where all clubs must have the same grip(does not improve my game). 

Correction WITB Photo Edition! thread

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

CBBE1E32-BB65-4327-9FEE-1C1993F8BEF0.thumb.jpeg.cc43fbeb3be8dfa449b947812f150cab.jpeg

Will post more later in the what’s in your golf bag thread(still a favorite thread). Very attractive clubs at first glance. I do not like the grips. Not a big deal as they weee getting changed regardless. I am the insane person where all clubs must have the same grip(does not improve my game). 

Correction WITB Photo Edition! thread

 

Man, those look nice.

I love shiny things.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

One round with my swing and they will look aged. 

I can send you some club head covers if you like!  😁

They look good. Hope you love them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 1 month later...
On 1/9/2022 at 3:34 PM, jmanbooyaa said:

I am thinking of picking up the 2021 0221 dc irons. Read a lot about them over the last few days. Jacked up lofts by design with 1/2 in longer shafts. Very attractive irons for a very reasonable price. Am i missing anything about these irons? If this is not the proper thread please move. 

Despite being a cast, not forged iron, I find contact just as pleasing as I do with my Apex 19s. I haven't seen the performance on the course that I saw in my fitting, yet. I may need time to adjust to the added length or offset, or, it could just be the cold weather and having to wear as many as 5 layers to stay warm! I think they are a great value for someone on a budget in particular and they really are a nice looking club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


44 minutes ago, TexasSR75070 said:

Despite being a cast, not forged iron, I find contact just as pleasing as I do with my Apex 19s. I haven't seen the performance on the course that I saw in my fitting, yet. I may need time to adjust to the added length or offset, or, it could just be the cold weather and having to wear as many as 5 layers to stay warm! I think they are a great value for someone on a budget in particular and they really are a nice looking club.

I agree. I have them and often compare them with my Callaway X Forged CB irons. I have the Mitsubishi MMT 80 in the PXG set and the 950 GH NEO In the X Forged. Higher launch with the Callaway as expected with the shafts. The X Forged may be a little hotter off the face but otherwise I really like them both.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I agree. I have them and often compare them with my Callaway X Forged CB irons. I have the Mitsubishi MMT 80 in the PXG set and the 950 GH NEO In the X Forged. Higher launch with the Callaway as expected with the shafts. The X Forged may be a little hotter off the face but otherwise I really like them both.

I have the MMT 60 in my PXG set and Recoils in my Apex irons. How do you think those two shafts compare?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct links for Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package. Save 10% on Mevo with coupon code "IACAS" as well.
  • Posts

    • I recall after my session (last one of the day) you asking to hit a few drivers and the guy gave some lame (to me) excuse for not letting you do that.  Oh well.  And I've always found you to be completely truthful and forthcoming in fittings and in giving tips.
    • @Double Mocha Man didn’t say it but I was there helping the fitters. Not in the actual fitting of people but as the pro and “to make the sale.” I was helping a couple people. Some ladies were swinging way too hard and couldn’t make contact to give good readings on trackman. I saw @Double Mocha Manman hit the driver and sure he hit them well but definitely not 40yds better. The fitter also said several things on flight data that was clear he was milking it a bit. I didn’t know they said it was 40yds. I would’ve believed 5-10yds at most. Also we only use flight limited balls at this range so a couple data points were not accurate.  I’m always as honest as I can be. I’ll “make the sale” if I think it’s a good idea or if the person really wants it. I won’t lie about ball flight data or what a club can do. So that environment was hard for me.  It was also weird. I used their driver a couple times towards the end because I hadn’t hit it before. The moment I asked to test it on their trackman, both their monitors both died… maybe they wanted to just pack up and go but it still took them over an hour to leave. Makes me wonder what truly was going on. 
    • Day 209, May 28, 2022 Hit balls for 10 or 12 minutes waiting for a lesson to arrive. Shorter, wider, still just as far.
    • Good one.  Thanks.  But the problem is the guy kept pushing his drivers when (if he looked) he could see I was hitting my own driver just as far or farther.  When I went into the session I told him I was looking for more distance and at least the same accuracy.
    • It's entirely plausible that the fitter is unscrupulous, but it seems more likely to me that there was a misread on one of your baseline shots. The good news is, it sounds like you have a setup that works well for you. Maybe try yelling "boom!" When you hit your current driver to make up some of the yardage.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Centrac
      Centrac
      (36 years old)
    2. Curto86
      Curto86
      (36 years old)
    3. Darth_Fader
      Darth_Fader
      (34 years old)
    4. JJ spud
      JJ spud
      (48 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...