IGNORED

Is PXG Dying?

PXG is heavily discounting, they have moved to a direct only model, are they overextended with their heavy sponsorship load?

How are the clubs BTW?

• Administrator

No, they’re stronger than ever. Fittings fill quickly and their clubs are great. We are affiliated with PXG (way more so Dave than me) and I filled eight spots in a fitting the other day in two days.

• Thumbs Up 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

53 minutes ago, Sticky said:

PXG is heavily discounting, they have moved to a direct only model, are they overextended with their heavy sponsorship load?

How are the clubs BTW?

Doesn’t seem like it to me but I have no idea. I just got fitted for a PXG 3-wood and it’s great. I think the lower prices will help get the clubs into more players bags. Initially I would have never considered PXG due to their pricing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sticky said:

How are the clubs BTW?

I got a set of Gen 2 irons last year. I got fitted at a local course and they were selling them built to order for $89 per club. Now, granted they are now onto Gen 4 irons. But I like the Gen 2's. I actually prefer the lofts they have on the Gen 2's.  I have a couple of sets of clubs (including Mizunos and an old set of PING ISI K's.) and these are my favorites and my regular gamers. 

On a side note I think their direct to consumer model is great. You can schedule a fitting in any of quite a few locations. Most of them seem to be at actual golf courses, by actual golf pros. So, you don't have to rely on the Golf Galaxy or what ever. Then you order off the webpage and my clubs showed up in 5 days. ... Again, they are two generations back and they showed up, custom built in 5 days. The funny thing is when I ordered mine, they sent me an email saying since I wasn't ordering the current model I would have to wait as much as 2 to 5 weeks before PXG would get around to building them. Then 5 days after that email, they were on my porch. 

One more thing. They don't offer Pure Grips. So, after I ordered I called them and told them my order number and asked if the grips could be shipped lose in the carton. They said no problem and sure enough they showed up with grips loose in the carton. I slid on the Blue Pure DTX Midsized grips and I was off and rolling. 

No complaints here. 

3 hours ago, Sticky said:

How are the clubs BTW?

Second what @iacas said. I have a new set of PXG 0211 DC on the way and own a set of Gen3’s as well. They are fantastic clubs. Their new driver is a machine and I’m probably got get one of those too. They’re on fire! 😃

Thanks for the responses, I have to admit that the reduced pricing has my curiosity piqued and I may be looking into a set later this year.

24 minutes ago, Sticky said:

Thanks for the responses, I have to admit that the reduced pricing has my curiosity piqued and I may be looking into a set later this year.

The 0211 DC going for $77/club. I mean come on….😃

• Like 1

• iacas changed the title to Is PXG Dying?

I'm with @Vinskand @iacas- I have the PXG 0211 driver and it's great. And, the price was stupendous, too. Like @DarkfrogI probably would never have considered PXG at their old price point but I loved the driver so much I also got a set of the 0211 irons. Great clubs.

16 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Second what @iacas said. I have a new set of PXG 0211 DC on the way and own a set of Gen3’s as well. They are fantastic clubs. Their new driver is a machine and I’m probably got get one of those too. They’re on fire! 😃

Hi @Vinskwhich Gen3's did you order? 

I got the Gen2's in a mixed set. I got the 5,6, and 7 irons in 311XP and then 8, 9, PW, and GW in 311P's. 

I like the mixed set. 

I think here's what PXG is doing that is really working for them. 
As mentioned by @Davie81 he's been waiting since September for his Scotty Cameron putter. 
PXG is advertising they ship in a week!

PXG.thumb.jpg.e7174d01b94232a70d888d61b251d318.jpg

I know I got my sticks in 5 days. And I ordered legacy product. So, these guys are doing something right.

For those with Military background........  check out the Special Pricing........

This military program is built for the world's finest people - men & women of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard and our nation's Police Offic

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Hi @Vinskwhich Gen3's did you order? 

I got the Gen2's in a mixed set. I got the 5,6, and 7 irons in 311XP and then 8, 9, PW, and GW in 311P's. 

I like the mixed set. 

I just ordered a new set of the 0211 Dual Core, 4-GW. I had bought the 2020 DC but after doing a new fitting they needed to be 1.5* flat. Nobody would bend them so I sold them and ordered the 2021 DC at $77/club with all new specs. I also have the 0311 from 2019 I believe. Yes, I love shiny new clubs.😁

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I just ordered a new set of the 0211 Dual Core, 4-GW. I had bought the 2020 DC but after doing a new fitting they needed to be 1.5* flat. Nobody would bend them so I sold them and ordered the 2021 DC at $77/club with all new specs. I also have the 0311 from 2019 I believe. Yes, I love shiny new clubs.😁

But they all have such big hosels!  😉

22 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

But they all have such big hosels!  😉

Big hosels means that someone is overcompensating…

• Funny 1

Just now, Zippo said:

Big hosels means that someone is overcompensating…

Wish I had never said that.  Though you probably know, it was a reference to Vinsk's special ability to shank a rare shot.

16 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Wish I had never said that.  Though you probably know, it was a reference to Vinsk's special ability to shank a rare shot.

We know.

It's kinda like where I attended sch00l. 

• Funny 1