IGNORED

FS Golf App Update (January 2022)

• Administrator

So I've heard…

• The FS Golf app and the FS Skills app are going to be combined into one.
  • The new app will do "swing training" mode which will measure swing speed, v plane, and h plane. This can be used with SuperSpeed sticks, etc. with no ball.
  • New putting mode (see the image below - this is from another app but it will be similar).
  • New chipping mode.
  • New video modes that will record video from the iPad and the Mevo+ at the same time, as seen here.

puttingmode.png

This update is due February 1.

Version 0.20 of the firmware was released yesterday to lay the groundwork for the Fusion Tracking update and the Pro Package.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to FS Golf App Update (January 2022)
12 hours ago, iacas said:

So I've heard…

• The new app will do "swing training" mode which will measure swing speed, v plane, and h plane. This can be used with SuperSpeed sticks, etc. with no ball.
  • New putting mode (see the image below - this is from another app but it will be similar).
  • New chipping mode.
  • New video modes that will record video from the iPad and the Mevo+ at the same time, as seen here.

puttingmode.png

Version 0.20 of the firmware was released yesterday to lay the groundwork for the Fusion Tracking update and the Pro Package.

This just keeps getting better. I wish it wasn’t 23 degrees out and we weren’t going to get 12+” of snow tomorrow! Chipping mode interests me because I may be able to set up enough distance inside to do this.

20 hours ago, iacas said:

So I've heard…

• New chipping mode.

puttingmode.png

Scott Hogan did an interview with flightscooe at the pga show and they demo the new swing speed update. I’m pretty excited about that addition.

https://youtu.be/iPF8JbBxq60

On 1/27/2022 at 4:56 PM, iacas said:

• The FS Golf app and the FS Skills app are going to be combined into one

Any chance you’ve heard if the combined app will work offline, like FS Skills?  The FS Golf app not working offline is probably my biggest disappointment 

On 1/28/2022 at 11:25 PM, Denny Bang Bang said:

Any chance you’ve heard if the combined app will work offline, like FS Skills?  The FS Golf app not working offline is probably my biggest disappointment 

The fs golf app doesn’t work offline? Mine works on my iPad with out cellular data.

2 hours ago, Slowcelica said:

The fs golf app doesn’t work offline? Mine works on my iPad with out cellular data.

Interesting.  I have gotten the E6 and FS Skills to work offline, but not FS Golf (all on an iPad Pro).  Perhaps I’m doing something stupid, will need to mess around with it more.

4 minutes ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

Interesting.  I have gotten the E6 and FS Skills to work offline, but not FS Golf (all on an iPad Pro).  Perhaps I’m doing something stupid, will need to mess around with it more.

What error do you get? I have a regular iPad 7 I think? Came out in 2020

• Administrator

BTW, the feature update comes in a few weeks (Multicam, Putting Mode, Chipping Mode, and Swing Training). This FS Golf update just has Mevo+ Register and Mevo+ Pro Package stuff.

I'll have codes/links for y'all tomorrow, probably.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Slowcelica said:

What error do you get? I have a regular iPad 7 I think? Came out in 2020

I was manually connecting, but it would state not connected.  So I’d scan the code, and it would state someone is already connected.  Then, I recall reading somewhere that the app requires an iPhone or iPad with cellular.

You stating it works on your end of course made me spend some time trying to figure it out.  What I discovered in the app settings on my phone vs ipad was allowing access to local network.  I selected that on the ipad, shut everything down and then back on again.  Scanned the code, boom, connected offline.

I appreciate you saying something and leading me to give it another try.  Much appreciated!

33 minutes ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

I was manually connecting, but it would state not connected.  So I’d scan the code, and it would state someone is already connected.  Then, I recall reading somewhere that the app requires an iPhone or iPad with cellular.

You stating it works on your end of course made me spend some time trying to figure it out.  What I discovered in the app settings on my phone vs ipad was allowing access to local network.  I selected that on the ipad, shut everything down and then back on again.  Scanned the code, boom, connected offline.

I appreciate you saying something and leading me to give it another try.  Much appreciated!

Cool glad you got it figured out.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...