IGNORED

FlightScope Mevo+ Pro Package

• Administrator

An add-on option to the award winning Mevo+ that gives access to more data parameters powered by FlightScope's patented Fusion Tracking technology. No subscription required.     Fusion Tracking for Mevo+...

Click that link, or this one here, to support the site and order your Pro Package. You no longer need a "code" so you're free to use the code you got if you bought a Mevo+ before February 1, or any other code for any specials.

This topic can be used to discuss the Pro Package for the Mevo+. I installed mine yesterday. It was quick and painless. I did have to use my phone to register (re-register?) my Mevo+, however, as you have to be connected to it and have a cell signal.

The general link to support the site, with anything you buy from FlightScope (using any other codes from FlightScope for sales from time to time) is: https://store.flightscopemevo.com/collections/all/products/flightscope-mevo-plus?sca_ref=1637810.LC59kav7CSIf you want direct links to the various products, they are:

Thanks! Enjoy!

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to FlightScope Mevo+ Pro Package
  • Administrator
17 minutes ago, Duff McChunkin said:

I thought I read you would have access to speed and acceleration profiles?

You will.

17 minutes ago, Duff McChunkin said:

Also thought we would get access to the d-plane 3d model but it looks like it’s just the data for the d-plane.

I think that's coming, too, in the FS Golf update in ~two weeks.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

I've only used it thus far to play some sim golf with the kids.

Huge snowstorm right now is keeping everyone home. I'll do more with it this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, Slowcelica said:

When you have the pro package you get some extra data when using the speed training portion right? What is that useful for?

You get swing speed and vertical and horizontal swing planes, I think.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

You get swing speed and vertical and horizontal swing planes, I think.

How is that useful, how would you use that? I’m guessing you can use that to make your swing more efficient?

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Slowcelica said:

How is that useful, how would you use that? I’m guessing you can use that to make your swing more efficient?

Swing speed is obviously useful, no?

HSP is useful because it's how far left or right your swing is going.

VSP is useful because it's how vertical your swing is.

Ideally even in swing speed training you'd want that to be similar to your regular swing or… you're doing something different just in the name of speed.

6 minutes ago, Slowcelica said:

Back when I was doing regular lessons with an instructor and doing Trackman practice 5x a week on my own, we used VSP as a checkpoint for my driver swing. When I executed the priority pieces properly then the VSP was in a certain range we were looking for. When I didn't make a good swing I could tell immediately as the VSP was out of a range he had identified for me and it was too steep/high of a number.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Swing speed is obviously useful, no?

HSP is useful because it's how far left or right your swing is going.

VSP is useful because it's how vertical your swing is.

Ideally even in swing speed training you'd want that to be similar to your regular swing or… you're doing something different just in the name of speed.

Sorry I was asking about the vsp and hsp portion of the swing speed portion. I am just curious as to why they paired it with the swing training and how it would help and how you would use it.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Slowcelica said:

Sorry I was asking about the vsp and hsp portion of the swing speed portion. I am just curious as to why they paired it with the swing training and how it would help and how you would use it.

And I answered that.

No?

• 9 months later...

@iacas Any thoughts on the Pro Package? It's $750 right now, I'm trying to decide if it's worth the upgrade cost or not. 

I don't plan on using my Mevo+ for club fitting really, it will mainly be for simulated rounds with friends and practice sessions by myself. 

I know enough about ball flight laws to have a rough idea of my face angle and path direction but can't really decide if I'll gain $750 in value from the Pro Package or not.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, klineka said:

@iacas Any thoughts on the Pro Package? It's $750 right now, I'm trying to decide if it's worth the upgrade cost or not. 

I don't plan on using my Mevo+ for club fitting really, it will mainly be for simulated rounds with friends and practice sessions by myself. 

I know enough about ball flight laws to have a rough idea of my face angle and path direction but can't really decide if I'll gain $750 in value from the Pro Package or not.

Tough for me to say, but I think it is. I have it on both of my Mevo+. Not having to do the "math" is helpful, knowing the AoA can be VERY helpful…

Of the things Pro Package adds that would be helpful to you (more for the practice):

• Face to Path
  • Face to Target
  • Dynamic Loft 
  • Club Path 
  • Vertical Swing Plane 
  • Horizontal Swing Plane 
  • Low Point 
  • Vertical Descent Angle 
  • Curve 
  • Club Speed Profile
  • Club Acceleration Profile 

It travels with the unit, too, in case you ever look to sell it. Could recoup most of the cost.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

I would second getting the pro package as well. I don't think I would've bought the mevo+ without the pro package since I really, really wanted the additional club data. It is definitely useful as all hell having that info.

Edited by JetFan1983
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Constantine

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Tough for me to say, but I think it is. I have it on both of my Mevo+. Not having to do the "math" is helpful, knowing the AoA can be VERY helpful…

Of the things Pro Package adds that would be helpful to you (more for the practice):

• Face to Path
  • Face to Target
  • Dynamic Loft 
  • Club Path 
  • Vertical Swing Plane 
  • Horizontal Swing Plane 
  • Low Point 
  • Vertical Descent Angle 
  • Curve 
  • Club Speed Profile
  • Club Acceleration Profile 

It travels with the unit, too, in case you ever look to sell it. Could recoup most of the cost.

5 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

I would second getting the pro package as well. I don't think I would've bought the mevo+ without the pro package since I really, really wanted the additional club data. It is definitely useful as all hell having that info.

You guys convinced me. Just ordered it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I’ve been debating the worthiness of the pro package as well.  Of course I understand the data itself is useful, but I’m trying to talk myself into the $750 price tag (which is of course the best price to date).

I’ve been having trouble finding how the Mevo+ w/pro package tracks club head data.  From my understanding of Trackman, Trackman has two separate radars with one tracking the ball and the other the club.  Is the Pro Package backing into the club data?  Or does the radar somehow pick it up?

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

I’ve been having trouble finding how the Mevo+ w/pro package tracks club head data.  From my understanding of Trackman, Trackman has two separate radars with one tracking the ball and the other the club.  Is the Pro Package backing into the club data?  Or does the radar somehow pick it up?

They all basically do the same thing: they track moving objects.

This includes the clubhead from knee high to knee high, and then the ball when it's hit. That's why on some big pulls you don't get ball data - the ball is "hidden" by the clubhead going left and then gets behind your body.

Mevo+, like any other radar, can see when the club hits the ball because another object begins moving, it can see the direction (all radars can "lie" about face angle if you toe or heel it because they can't see the actual impact location, though the use of cameras helps and even Mevo+ adds some Fusion tracking), and thus it knows when to register the AoA, path, etc.