IGNORED

First round pairings for the 2008 Masters

Avid Golfer
Note: This thread is 5866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Below are the tee times for the first round of the 2008 Masters. Which players do you think might benefit from the pairings and which players do you think might suffer from the pairings?

First Round Tee Times - 04/08/2008
By Associated Press

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Tee times for the opening round of the 2008 Masters Tournament. All times are Eastern.

8:00 a.m. -- Ben Curtis, Shaun Micheel

8:11 a.m. -- Fuzzy Zoeller, Brett Wetterich, Heath Slocum

8:22 a.m. -- Mark O'Meara, a-Trip Kuehne, Ian Poulter

8:33 a.m. -- Larry Mize, Peter Lonard, Hunter Mahan

8:44 a.m. -- Gary Player, Miguel Angel Jimenez, D.J. Trahan

8:55 a.m. -- Justin Leonard, Charles Howell III, Nick Watney

9:06 a.m. -- Scott Verplank, Robert Allenby, Michael Campbell

9:17 a.m. -- Ben Crenshaw, a-Michael Thompson, Nick O'Hern

9:28 a.m. -- Steve Lowery, Robert Karlsson, Nick Dougherty

9:39 a.m. -- Fred Couples, Jerry Kelly, Anders Hansen

9:50 a.m. -- Vaughn Taylor, Martin Kaymer, Arron Oberholser

10:12 a.m. -- Jose Maria Olazabal, Liang Wen-chong, Rory Sabbatini

10:23 a.m. -- Zach Johnson, Luke Donald, Geoff Ogilvy

10:34 a.m. -- Mike Weir, Padraig Harrington, Jeev Milkha Singh

10:45 a.m. -- Tiger Woods, Angel Cabrera, Stuart Appleby

10:56 a.m. -- Justin Rose, Henrik Stenson, Toru Taniguchi

11:07 a.m. -- Todd Hamilton, Brian Bateman

11:18 a.m. -- Craig Stadler, Johnson Wagner, Steve Flesch

11:29 a.m. -- Ian Woosnam, Richard Green, Stephen Ames

11:40 a.m. -- Boo Weekley, Trevor Immelman, Sean O'Hair

11:51 a.m. -- Sandy Lyle, John Rollins, J.B. Holmes

12:02 p.m. -- Soren Hansen, Daniel Chopra, Richard Sterne

12:24 p.m. -- Tom Watson, Brandt Snedeker, John Senden

12:35 p.m. -- Tim Clark, David Toms, Niclas Fasth

12:46 p.m. -- Raymond Floyd, a-Drew Weaver, Jonathan Boyd

12:57 p.m. -- Bernhard Langer, Prayad Marksaeng, Woody Austin

1:08 p.m. -- Bubba Watson, Sergio Garcia, Mark Calcavecchia

1:19 p.m. -- Adam Scott, Paul Casey, Retief Goosen

1:30 p.m. -- Vijay Singh, Steve Stricker, Stewart Cink

1:41 p.m. -- Phil Mickelson, Andres Romero, K.J. Choi

1:52 p.m. -- Ernie Els, Shingo Katayama, Jim Furyk

2:03 p.m. -- Aaron Baddeley, Camilo Villegas, Lee Westwood

I think Retief Goosen and Adam Scott may benefit from being paired together, but I think Ernie Els and Shingo Katayama may suffer from being paired with Jim Furyk.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

I don't think Tiger will scare anyone in his pairing, but I do think, and not to be a homer that Els has a very good pairing. Wouldn't be surprised to see him come out strong. Zach, Luke, and Geoff Ogilvy will also come out strong.

I don't think Tiger will scare anyone in his pairing, but I do think, and not to be a homer that Els has a very good pairing. Wouldn't be surprised to see him come out strong. Zach, Luke, and Geoff Ogilvy will also come out strong.

I agree on Tiger's pairing. Appleby played with him last year at Augusta and Cabrera did last year at Oakmont. Neither seemed to get rattled but I think Appleby kinda fell apart.

I am confused. If the coverage on ESPN is at 3pm eastern then what is going to be covered? I dont get it. I figured they covered the whole day but on my Direct TV recorder it doesnt start until 3?
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

• Administrator
I agree on Tiger's pairing. Appleby played with him last year at Augusta and Cabrera did last year at Oakmont. Neither seemed to get rattled but I think Appleby kinda fell apart.

Cabrera didn't play with Tiger at Oakmont last year... not in the fourth round. Cabrera was two groups ahead, IIRC.

I am confused. If the coverage on ESPN is at 3pm eastern then what is going to be covered? I dont get it. I figured they covered the whole day but on my Direct TV recorder it doesnt start until 3?

They show coverage from 3-7pm. They'll recap the morning's play and then have live coverage... Other coverage exists online if you want to watch there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cabrera didn't play with Tiger at Oakmont last year... not in the fourth round. Cabrera was two groups ahead, IIRC.

Awe man!! My memory is failing me....

Were they together in the third round? I could have sworn they were together but it may be because I saw a picture of the two of them and I think Furyk standing around at some point talking/laughing (well.....Woods & Furyk were).

Ok got it. thanks iacas
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Greetings ....

Arnold Palmer was first off the tee, followed by Morning Fog (slowest player in the field), then by Ben Curtis and Shaun Micheel.

So - we're now off and running.

Interesting that Curtis (2003 British) and Micheel (2003 PGA) are the first competitive group teeing off, since this is the last year of their five-year invitations.

Thanx-A-Lot, Frank-0-Sport

• Administrator
How come it's threesomes?

Cuz it's always been and they have like 90 players to get around the course.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!