IGNORED

Is Tiger squeaky clean?

kekoa
Note: This thread is 5870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Elin Nordegren is not exactly somebody you would throw out of bed anyway..i actually think that Tiger is a very scrupulous man, although he must get hundreds of offers and opportunities as alluded to earlier.

However, i prefer Reteif Goosens wife- she used to be an airline hostess-thats how they met..i can't post a picture of her due to my status, but she is very handsome indeed!

• Administrator
I'm not exactly disagreeing with you here, but how are you "fairly certain" he's not Christian? I have never heard him say anything about his religion. That doesn't mean he hasn't said something, but it is hard to peg down what his beliefs are.

I'm fairly certain because of everyone I've talked to, everything I've read, etc. That's all it means. I can't elaborate too much, but little things lead me to say this, like Tiger's speech at his dad's funeral, etc.

That's tough to nail down. Just because his mom is Thai doesn't mean she isn't Christian.

Never said that it did. Just a likelihood.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I always thought Tiger was a Buddhist and that was why he wears red on Sundays.

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I always thought Tiger was a Buddhist and that was why he wears red on Sundays.

I thought Tiger was the Devil and that's why he wears red on Sundays... or maybe just sold his soul to the Devil for his skills.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I thought Tiger was the Devil and that's why he wears read on Sundays... or maybe just sold his soul to the Devil for his skills.

That same has crossed my mind more than once...

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Yes but Tiger isnt that type...He is a true Christian who has moral standards unlike most people today..He knows what to do and what not to do--granted the celebrity status that he has

He seems more agnostic, but buys into the Buddhist principles. Here's a decent video interview pertaining to the discussion:

http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/2008/03/27/tiger-woods-talks-about-buddhism-and-being-a-dad/

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

Tiger is a Buddhist.

He talks about it here: http://www.slate.com/id/86898/

Edit: The Gill beat me to it. Oh well, now there are two articles where you can read about Tiger's beliefs.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Tiger is a Buddhist.

From your article:

"I believe in Buddhism," Woods has said. "Not every aspect, but most of it. So I take bits and pieces. I don't believe that human beings can achieve ultimate enlightenment, because humans have flaws."
I think be believes in parts, and that what he's always says. I don't think you'll find him saying "I'm a Buddhist".

I'm fairly certain because of everyone I've talked to, everything I've read, etc. That's all it means. I can't elaborate too much, but little things lead me to say this, like Tiger's speech at his dad's funeral, etc.

And that's why I said I didn't exactly disagree with what you said. I have no idea what his religion is, and based on what I've read or heard I would be making an assumption if I said something. I will say though that I'm not 100% convinced that he is not Christian. I still would not bet money that he is either.

I didn't hear Tiger's speech at his dad's funeral. Is this recorded somewhere where we could see it online? I would love to hear that. Not to celebrate someone's death, but I bet those words were very heartfelt and inspiring, especially coming from Tiger.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

My only knock on him is his GD bombs that he lets fly when he gets upset.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

From your article: "I believe in Buddhism," Woods has said. "Not every aspect, but most of it. So I take bits and pieces. I don't believe that human beings can achieve ultimate enlightenment, because humans have flaws."

OK Iacas, I seem to remember reading this somewhere myself, so that would explain your non-Christian position on Tiger. You just might be right!!!!

In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

I'm not exactly disagreeing with you here, but how are you "fairly certain" he's not Christian? I have never heard him say anything about his religion. That doesn't mean he hasn't said something, but it is hard to peg down what his beliefs are.

You're pushing your own personal beliefs to Tiger. Religon isn't important to Tiger. If it was, you would have already heard it from him (a la Baddeley.)

I'm fairly certain Tiger does not consider himself Christian. He even skipped his kid's baptism in Sweden last fall, IIRC. Earl was never very religious and his mom is from Thailand, so the likelihood he's Christian is slim at best. Perhaps the closest Tiger gets to believing in a Christian God is when he says his name followed by "Dammit."

HUZZAH!!!!

• Administrator
I didn't hear Tiger's speech at his dad's funeral. Is this recorded somewhere where we could see it online?

If I had the audio and/or text transcript, I wouldn't admit it. I will say, however, that whether I do or not, I heard about the content from several people and it didn't mention anything "Christian." Nothing about "being with God now" or "heaven" or whatever. It was very "human," as in what Earl meant as a human, and had nothing you could classify as "spiritual" in it.

OK Iacas, I seem to remember reading this somewhere myself, so that would explain your non-Christian position on Tiger. You just might be right!!!!

Yeah, that's one of the many factors. I guess you were responding to my post without reading the posts that had been made in the interim?

You're pushing your own personal beliefs to Tiger. Religon isn't important to Tiger. If it was, you would have already heard it from him (a la Baddeley.)

Uhm, no. I'm not pushing my own personal beliefs on Tiger. You don't even know what mine are.

I've known deeply religious people who enjoy telling everyone (Baddeley, Zach Johnson), and I've known deeply religious people who keep it to themselves. So I disagree that if religion was important to Tiger, we'd hear it from him.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's interesting how some of us automatically equated "squeaky clean" with bein Christian. I was unaware that being religious made someone good or bad...

I think this post has run it's course.

I really love the Christian point of view.
That's the standard, take it or leave it.

I hope he's an atheist like me and Carl Sagan.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

• Administrator
I thought Tiger was of Muslim extraction considering his mothers background.

Uhmm...

Source: Wikipedia According to the last census (2000) 95% of Thais are Buddhists of the Theravada tradition. Muslims are the second largest religious group in Thailand at 4.6%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thailand#Religion
It's interesting how some of us automatically equated "squeaky clean" with bein Christian. I was unaware that being religious made someone good or bad...

Not many have - many have responded to those who did, however.

Note: This thread is 5870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!