IGNORED

Will WOMEN ever get to PLAY the at the Masters?

under_par
Note: This thread is 5763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will WOMEN ever get to PLAY the at the Masters?

• Yes
    • NO
    • I will say No but mean yes since my wife is next to me :)
    • Sorry Ladies...Gents ONLY!!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under par, your comment was offensive, not funny.

Sorry Ruari if that was offensive to you.

Rick T.
A Big Equipment Freak!!!
Life is too short not to tried everything out there

In the BagDriver: SuperQuad 10.5 REG BABYWoods: TP 3 or 5 woods R7 stiffIrons: AP1 4-PW w/Project X 5.5Wedge: Spin milled 54 (bent to 52) 56 & Special Grind "P" 60Putter: Gauge Design Japan " The Balde"Ball:...

What a bunch of bull!

Women have everything needed to play in the Masters except male genitals (maybe if they wore a jock strap with a sock in it?).

If the Masters would invite all of the women who win one or more LPGA tour events each year some would place in the top ten every year and within 5 years a woman would win. Not many women can expect to putt for an eagle on a 600 yard par 5, but that's a tiny part of the game.

Watch the LPGA, some of the women seem to be able to put the ball in the middle at 275 as frequently as men make 6" tap ins, and the women seem to shoot at the flag much better than men on their tour. They're at zero disadvantage from 175 in and as far as the stamina to walk and play 18 holes a day for 4 days, you have to be kidding.

If they want to discriminate, kick out all minorities (white males for example).

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

What a bunch of bull!

Im not discounting the skil of LPGA players, but admittadly they play easier couses with easier pins than the men do.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

That is a bit harsh if you think about it. I am sure that two weeks out of the year they could accomidate two event there. I would think that right after the Masters they could have the LPGA play there but I guess non of us are Chairman of Augusta so we can't make that decision.

Harsh? Perhaps you should grow some thicker skin. There was nothing harsh or offensive about my statement whatsoever. Again, if I were a member there, I would vote "nay." Augusta has a club, with members, that pay for that golf course and the unlimited budget they have for upkeep every year. I understand why women would want an LPGA event there. But just because you want something doesn't mean you get to have it. The course is closed a 5-6 months out of the year for maintenance and such. Tournament preparation is quite extensive and if I were a member, I wouldn't want my golf course closed for another tournament, just because a bunch of people want to play it. I'm sorry if my answer isn't what you want to hear. But that's my take.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

What a bunch of bull!

You are reaching here. Women wouldn't have a chance against the men.

In my bag:

2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

• Administrator
If the Masters would invite all of the women who win one or more LPGA tour events each year some would place in the top ten every year and within 5 years a woman would win. Not many women can expect to putt for an eagle on a 600 yard par 5, but that's a tiny part of the game.

You've lost your mind. I'm sorry, but you're completely out of your mind.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2008 LPGA stats

1Lorena Ochoa279.619
2Sophie Gustafson277.417
3Becky Lucidi275.811
4Maria Hjorth275.018
5Wendy Doolan274.610
6Jee Young Lee272.821
7Laura Davies272.310
8Brittany Lincicome272.119
9Karen Stupples271.514
10Hee Young Park271.220
11Suzann Pettersen270.618
12Grace Park270.410

It dips into the 260's quickly

1Yu Ping Lin751560.911
2Becky Morgan171471820.808
3Sung Ah Yim121131400.807
4Morgan Pressel161351680.804
5Paula Creamer181561960.796
6Erica Blasberg14891120.795
7Meg Mallon141551960.791
T8Meena Lee191321680.786
T8Jackie Gallagher-Smith866840.786
10Annika Sorenstam181531960.781
11Sophie Giquel1176980.776
12Meaghan Francella14861120.768

Those are driving accuracy.

I dont see any of these women winning at Augusta. Great stats but with the course playing the way it does with the pin positions avalible, the women would be hitting some long irons into them if not using a hybrid or wood. Onto greens that cause the ball to roll before you can putt it.

Forgot to add that as much as the LPGA is fun to watch for me I just dont believe men and women have to share everything. Nothing stopping the women from getting together and creating their own "Augusta".

If the Masters would invite all of the women who win one or more LPGA tour events each year some would place in the top ten every year and within 5 years a woman would win.

If this isn't the stupidest thing I've read on these boards, please tell me what I have missed. This comment indicates a total lack of understanding of our game.

No-one is suggesting that some of the women aren't good players. Their game is not the same.

hey 1st off Love the Name.......Under_Par , but anyways back to the topic, no I don't think Women will ever play at the Masters and rightfully so, after all it's a Men only Club......wheres Burke at these days?

2008 LPGA stats

Different golf courses. I dare say the women would have trouble hitting it even that far on the PGA courses. The ladies have much more forgiving shots on average. I watched a teaching clinic done by Tiger (on YouTube) where he talks about driving distances and how the pros have to dial theirs back in order to hit it straighter. He even said the college kids are hitting it way further, but they too have more forgiving courses.

Notice how Annika picked the Colonial to play years ago. It was the shortest course on the pro tour at the time. Pretty sure it wasn't even 7k.

In my bag:

Let's take Lorena as the example, since she's the longest in the women's game. Let's say she hit her average drive in the fairway on all of the par 4 holes at Augusta, and take a look at what she'd have left. I'm leaving out par 5s as she'd be laying up. This is the yardage as it was played this year.

1 - 175
3 - 70
5 - 175
7 - 170
9 - 180
10 - 215
11 - 225
14 - 160
17 - 160
18 - 185

Given the difficulty of the greens at Augusta, that's tough. Not impossible, but really tough. She wouldn't be hitting much loft into some of those greens. I daresay she might play 10 and 11 as 3 shot holes and rely on her wedge game. Let's not forget #4, a 240 yard par 3 with bunkers guarding the front on both sides. She'd be hitting a fairway wood in there.

She's a wonderful player, and would out-drive and out-score just about all of us. I would love to see how she'd use her smarts and her short game to get around Augusta. But only if she earned her spot.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

hey 1st off Love the Name.......Under_Par

Hopefully Martha got to some of the coverage of the last few Masters. It's pretty nice now that there are limited commercial interruptions bringing the viewers, "56 minutes golf action for every hour" I hate that woman but I owe her for getting commercials out of The Masters. The main demographic that watches the Masters are men who don't give a crap what Martha Burke has to say, they just know that there aren't any commercials anymore. Sweet!

Someone else brought up the point that women are equal from 175 in. They have to get it to 175 in first. It's like I said, show me the top woman player in the world making a cut at a non major and maybe we can talk about this, but until that happens, all this talk about women teeing it up at The Masters needs to go the way of Martha Burke.

Hi-Bore XLS Tour Driver
Steelhead III: 3 Wood
Bobby Jones Jesse Ortiz Hybrid
i3+: 3-9 Irons
Vokey Black Nickel: PW, 52, 56, 60 Bettinardi A-02 Putter NXT Tour

• 2 months later...
The only way they should is to qualify properly, eg top 50 owgr, winning a main season PGA Tour event or winning US Am or any other set criteria. Personally I don't think it will ever happen.

As to the question of having Women members they are a private club and should be able to invite whoever they want to.

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

Its the same as my views on the military.

IF a girl can do the same as a man, No rule bending, no changing standards. She would have to play from the same tees, etc etc. Just as a woman should have to be able to do the same physical requirements as a man in the military.

I think it would be intresteing if you put both male and females in the same tourny, but when they turn in their scores, they are givin a number not a name. That way the scores speak for themselves, not who/gender.

SO would i let them in? sure. so long as they can make it themselves.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Note: This thread is 5763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!