IGNORED

Will WOMEN ever get to PLAY the at the Masters?

under_par
Note: This thread is 5763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will WOMEN ever get to PLAY the at the Masters?

• Yes
    • NO
    • I will say No but mean yes since my wife is next to me :)
    • Sorry Ladies...Gents ONLY!!!!

I question the reasons why a women would want to play the Masters. What would be deemed a successful showing for a women in the field? Making the cut? Top 50? Top 20? Top 10? If a women did, in fact, win the Masters... Again, what does that prove? That she can beat the men? Should then, men be allowed to play in the LPGA majors? Where will it end?

Or, is it all about the hype?

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is all about hype. However, I do think that them not letting women be "members" is pretty wrong. To me, that is the same as not letting in black members, or hispanic members.....but it IS private, so they can do whatever they deem necessary.

As much as I am against it, I can see a time when there will be a Women's Masters tournament. It may take a few more years, but it will prbably happen. It may be an interesting tournament at that! It would be interesting to see the men and the women playing the same course.
HAPPY GOLFING
Jay in NC
http://www.mygolfreport.com

If I were the chairman of the Masters, Id let any woman play who has got the game to make the cut.
I see no problem with a woman wanting to compete against a bunch of men. The only thing I would ask is that no women get any special exemptions or be cut any slack whatsoever.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

If I were the chairman of the Masters, Id let any woman play who has got the game to make the cut.

Yeah, quick question: Do the women get to play the women's tees in mens events?

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Administrator
Yeah, quick question: Do the women get to play the women's tees in mens events?

No. Same tees, and they're not "men's events." They're just "professional golfer" events.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

the women dont have what it takes to hang with the big boys..... that simple

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

There is PGA and there is LPGA. The female who qualified for the Hartford used up tees. You going to use ladies tees at Augusta. Why don't you just cancel the Master's. It's their tournament. They started it and they run it. Start your own tournament and see if you have waiting list for tickets.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

It would be cool to have a women's Masters, but integrating women into the regular Masters shouldn't and wouldn't work. I'm not a huge fan of women playing in men's events not because I don't think they're capable or can be competitive, but because things have to go both ways. If women were allowed to play in men's tournaments, why wouldn't men be allowed to play in women's events?

I don't mean to be taken the wrong way here. I am all for promoting the women's tour to be as big as the men's tour. I am quite a follower of both tours. But I just prefer the men play with the men and the women play with the women. If exceptions are made, that would open the door to more and more exceptions. The line must be drawn somewhere.

It would be cool to have a women's Masters, but integrating women into the regular Masters shouldn't and wouldn't work. I'm not a huge fan of women playing in men's events not because I don't think they're capable or can be competitive, but because things have to go both ways. If women were allowed to play in men's tournaments, why wouldn't men be allowed to play in women's events?

As much as I agree with women not playing in men's events and vice verse, I don't agree that men should play in women's events if women play in men's.

The reason women play in PGA tour events is to prove themselves against the men and too see if they can compete against them, a male pro playing in a women's event would be a farce and would not prove anything.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I do not think so and that is just because August National policy.

But then again, they are letting women into the Citidal now.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

I do not think that women should be allowed to take part in the mens majors, particulally on the basis of equal opportunity considerations because that would dictate that men could also play in ladies events. So my feeling is that if the Masters wishes to retain it's status as a major no ladies should be allowed to participate if however they would like to include ladies the tournament should no longer be considered a major.

In the same event as the men no never. It's hard for men to play there. In a separate women's event doubtful.

The only possible way you would need a person similar to Amelie Mauresmo who is allowed to play in women's tennis events.

for the love of god... its a deep set tradition in our game

this pc crap pisses me off... screw equality, they are protected by our constitution as a private club

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

• Administrator
this pc crap pisses me off... screw equality, they are protected by our constitution as a private club

... which has little to do with the yearly event they host called The Masters.

The question isn't whether they should admit a woman as a member, but whether a woman will get to play at The Masters some day. And to that I say, hey, some day you never know. If a woman wins the U.S. Am or Publinks or something, she'd probably get the invitation.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree that any woman who legitimately earns her way into the Masters deserves to play. I also agree there's no chance the best woman golfer in the world would beat the best male at the Masters.

By the way (and I should know better, but here goes), permitting women to play in historically male-only events does not compel the conclusion that men must in turn be permitted to play in women's events. The argument is that the former case corrects a perceived injustice (i.e., that gender-based entry restrictions precluding women disadvantages a historically disadvantaged class); the latter case would have no such corrective effect. So understood, it is neither hypocritical nor inconsistent to believe, at the same time, that (i) women who earn a place on a traditionally male event should be permitted to play while (ii) men should not be permitted to play in traditionally women-only events.

Note: I am not saying corrective justice of this sort is the right thing when it comes to professional golf, or male-only clubs -- there are valid arguments favoring the view that men should be permitted their own venues and sanctuaries, too -- I am simply pointing out that the "hypocracy" argument does not hold water.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Note: This thread is 5763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!