IGNORED

Michael Breed Bet: Break 80, Par 71, Throwing the Ball

iacas

On 5/26/2022 at 6:44 PM, Friz said:

That's such a specific length it sounds like he's expecting to keep his foot on the spot of the ball, lay down toward the hole to reach out and just drop it in

This is exactly his plan. He said this on his radio show. Sooo, not planning on following @iacas rules?

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty funny how Breed was planning to “putt” and suddenly rules guy wants to nix it (mainly cuz they hadn’t thought it). Breed could just say all putts inside 8’ are good as part of the rules instead of 2 putt max. Sure rules guy would have issues with that too. Have some fun man, so concerned about “being right” all the time. Lol. 

Would be fun to see him try this. Don’t be the guy to get try in get in the way of this with a rolling red tape. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Brock said:

Pretty funny how Breed was planning to “putt” and suddenly rules guy wants to nix it (mainly cuz they hadn’t thought it). Breed could just say all putts inside 8’ are good as part of the rules instead of 2 putt max. Sure rules guy would have issues with that too. Have some fun man, so concerned about “being right” all the time. Lol.

Would be fun to see him try this. Don’t be the guy to get try in get in the way of this with a rolling red tape. 

Ummm, no.

And even if he did putt that way I’m not sure he could do it.

But no, this isn’t even remotely about “being right” not is it about “fun.”

Horrible read there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This was my second attempt. The first throw was better, got to 135yds but I didn’t show the ball at the end so figured I needed to do a second throw. I’ve always liked the relationship in body sequencing between throwing a ball and hitting a golf ball. I could try playing a hole but I don’t really feel the need to.

Edit: I guess I never said my background. I grew up playing baseball and was always known for throwing people out at home plate from the outfield. When I was younger I would do home-run derbies with a buddy, he would hit them out and I would throw them out. 😂 I was horrible at bat. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

2 hours ago, Brock said:

It’s a $20k bet. If it was your $20k maybe you’d expect some guidelines?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

At the end of the day I'm not convinced he could break 80 even if he was given an automatic one putt once he hit the green...but it does surprise me that this putting method is the assumed acceptable method.  As a golf professional, making the assumption that releasing the ball at any point in front of the area it came to rest is ok, seems wrong

• Upvote 1

-Eric

On 5/26/2022 at 12:35 PM, Darkfrog said:

Seems like throwing a golf ball as far as you can, repeatedly, is a good way to injure your shoulder or elbow.

That was my first thought! Finishing without injury would be an achievement if he really tried the whole way around.