IGNORED

NYC Golf

Hi Golfers!  I'm new to NYC and looking to meet friends through my love of golf.  As a single male in my 30's, i'd like to join a men's league if it exists.  I have a car so I can drive.  I'm being told that the golf clubs in the suburbs are mostly consisting of families with kids who live there.  Where do the single guys in NYC go?  Does it exist?  Any suggestions?

• iacas changed the title to NYC Golf
  • 1 month later...

Split Rock/Pelham in the Bronx is probably my favorite, but Van Cortlandt in the BX is also an option.  There's Kissena and Clearview in Queens which are also pretty good, and there's another in Brooklyn (i forget the name) that is good.

If you ever want to drive up north to Poughkeepsie let me know and we can meet up and play a round.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Chelsea Piers, lol? I think a Drive Shack or some variant is under construction? Most professionals working in Manhattan drive out for an hour or so to either NJ, LI, or Westchester and play whatever's public. Or take the LIRR to Bethpage. Maybe that 9 hole course I forget the name in Newark. Skyway! I play Bethpage mostly so if you want to meet up.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

When I lived in NYC there was a lot of golf in North Jersey, it's a bit of a drive to some places but well worth it.

Sussex county is North-West NJ but there is some great golf.   There are at least 5 courses in the Crystal Springs complex and Great Gorge and Skyview are pretty cool as well.   I feel like there are a lot in Bergen county but the only one I remember is Emerson.

I agree with @nevets88 , get out to Bethpage.   I had a great time when I went.   if you want to take a weekend, go play Montauk Downs.   I've heard it's an experience but I never made it out there.

—Adam

Manhattan is also dotted with a whole bunch of indoor studios with launch monitors. Like Hack Shack or Five Iron. Would definitely find a game in places like that. 

Here is Five Iron’s page on its league. By the very nature of location in Manhattan more likely golfers are single. Or at least based in Manhattan. 

AZ1A8685.jpg

Five Iron Golf offers an indoor urban golf experience. Sign up for their next...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 7/9/2022 at 7:42 PM, RFKFREAK said:

If you ever want to drive up north to Poughkeepsie let me know and we can meet up and play a round.

I'm in Poughkeepsie if you're ever interested in playing. or trying to get a group together. Play mostly at Baird, but open to whatever. July kinda tight, August opens up for me. I don't mind driving a bit too, if we had others interested. 

Mike

Driver: TM Sim2 9* Ventus Black, M5 9* Kuro Kage
Fwy: TM SLDR 3W, 5W;    Hybrid: TM M1 4 Hybrid
Irons: TM Tour Preferred MC 2014
Wedges: TM Tour Preferred, 52 @ 51*, 56
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 or Odyssey Rossie

It isn't the hours that you put in at practice that count. It's the way you spend those minutes. -- tony lema