IGNORED

Big Break IV Discussion

Thrash13
Note: This thread is 6681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Same here. David annoyed me a bit...he thought a bit too much of his game.

I'm still waiting to see some great shots by these guys. So far it has been crappy American play versus mediocre European play. All it feels like is a race to see who can suck the least.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is it just me or does Ed sweat more than a fat man in a sauna? you can see the sweat just rolling down his cheeks. it's comedy.

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

• Administrator
is it just me or does Ed sweat more than a fat man in a sauna? you can see the sweat just rolling down his cheeks. it's comedy.

He sweats a lot. He's from Italy - the heat in Carnoustie shouldn't be bothering him. They're wearing sweaters! :-|

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Could Don Donatello be more obnoxious and annoying? C'mon, add to that the fact that he doesn't even know the rules of golf? What the hell? Seriously?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah, Don was killing me last night. What a moron! That sad thing is he was actually carrying his team most of the time. That just fed his ego even more.

Last night's episode was good I thought. It's starting to get down to the nitty gritty. The teams are back at 4 on 4.

Everyone keeps bragging about how good Warren is, but he always seems to struggle when he is on the show. I don't think he has played solid the entire time it's been on. At least not as good as what I expected.

Hats off to Eddie for telling him (Don) to "shut the hell up...just hit the shot man" That was great.
Don...what a obnoxious bastard. Do you guys remember his fits and throwing down the club and screaming "it's not fair" buring BB2. The guy is a toddler.
I wanted to grab some tweezers and rip that scab off of his lip and yell "bad boy...go sit in the corner"
The equipment is there...I'm not!
Driver- Callaway X460 HT
3Wood- Callaway X460 15*
Hybrids- Nike CPR 18*
Adams Idea 21*Adams Idea 25*Nike CPR 30*Irons 7-SW- Adama IdeaLob Wedge- Cleveland 588 ChromePutter- Nike T100 Oz Blue ChipBall- Best deal I can find on a reputable soft ball

• Administrator
Hats off to Eddie for telling him (Don) to "shut the hell up...just hit the shot man" That was great.

Oh, God, that scab!!! I don't know which was the bigger scab: the one on his lip or Don himself.

• Administrator
I've said it before and I'll say it again: screw recap shows . I hate them, and they do them two or three times per season. Jeepers, show something new!

Yeah, I was trying to get the ol preview finished in time to watch BBIV, but so much for that. I was all excited and was then let down. Recap shows suck big time.

The thing is, they kept advertising a new episode. I guess it was a new one, but it's a little different kind of "new" than I expected.

Blah...

• Administrator
Well if ever there was a sore upon the home of golf, those guys put it there. What bad play.

Could they have given them an easier shot from the Road Hole Bunker? I mean, c'mon, the pin was way back there. It's my understanding that it's really only a truly treacherous bunker if a) the pin is up front or b) you're real close to the slope. They looked like they got to place the ball in the middle.

And then nice touch through the Valley of Sin, fools. How hard is it to get the line right after watching two, three, four others go before you? Why did everyone putt? If all you had to beat was eight (or for some guys, 12 or 15) feet, why not consider chipping and running right OVER the VoS?

Then Tommy goes and blades a wedge - he'd have gone OB if the van weren't there - at the 18th. Who goes OB at the 18th at St. Andrews with their approach ?

I know they all attribute stuff to pressure, standing around for an hour between shots, etc., but does any single-digit handicapper think that they couldn't at least make it halfway through the show? All you had to do was par the 18th hole and you're safe. You could hit a 5-iron off the tee and still just have a 9-iron in or something. It's a big green that slopes in one direction, and the pin was nowhere near the VoS.

Arrrrggghhhhhh!!!

• Administrator
I think I've figured out why BBIV is such a boring, "nobody cares" affair.

Unlike previous years, this year we have "teams." One team, thus far, has been safe in each round of play, meaning that we see only about half of the contestants competing in elimination challenges.

Plus, with so many alternate shot challenges, we yet again see players hit about half the shots they'd normally hit in competition.

Previous years had every player hitting three bunker shots, or three shots from different yardages. This year, one player hits 2 shots over two holes and then, if his team wins, sits out.

In other words, we've seen about half as much golf as we normally see, and it's led to an increased sense of detachment. I don't know who SHOULD win because I haven't seen enough of their golf to be able to determine this. Thus, since I don't know who should win, I couldn't care less who does win. I'm not rooting for or against anyone at all.

Combined with a complete lack of characters (i.e. Don or Danielle), this lack of emotion - rooting for or against - has led to the flattest, most boring Big Break ever.

I know 5 year olds hwo handle themselves better on a golf course than DD.
Ace Adair

904R 10*
I3 4 Wood 17* G5 Hybrid 22* CG-4's 4-PW Vokey Design 200 Series-- 50*, 54*, 58* G2 Anser Putter 35" ProV1 Hoofer 3 Bag "Putts get real difficult the day they hand out the money." -Lee Trevino "You are one evil, cunning woman. It's a massive turn on."--House...

• Administrator

I'd rather watch them than Big Break IV.

I'm just glad to see that Tommy is gone. He has to have one of the ugliest golf swings I have ever seen. Plus, that southern accent.... Jeez, how annoying.

What about that double glove action? You got to be jokin me...

DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

How in the world has Randall got this far? The way he played tonight...I was thinking that I had a good chance at taking him!

The equipment is there...I'm not!
Driver- Callaway X460 HT
3Wood- Callaway X460 15*
Hybrids- Nike CPR 18*
Adams Idea 21*Adams Idea 25*Nike CPR 30*Irons 7-SW- Adama IdeaLob Wedge- Cleveland 588 ChromePutter- Nike T100 Oz Blue ChipBall- Best deal I can find on a reputable soft ball

• Administrator
How in the world has Randall got this far? The way he played tonight...I was thinking that I had a good chance at taking him!

He's sat a number of times in team competitions, IIRC, and he's been lucky enough to have someone hit worse shots than him when it REALLY counted.

The Euros have two shanks to their credit, though. I was happy to see this kind of a thing, where it was all golf and where we could really relate. I thought the Americans had it, but then he had to go and make a 6 on a hole that "stretched" 380 yards including the dogleg. There were a few things I could not figure out...
  1. Why hit driver on the short par 4 OR the par 5 if you're playing for par? They still had short irons into the green.
  2. Why did the Euros have 9Is and wedges into the green while the Americans had 4I, 6I, etc.?
  3. What made these guys turn pro? Really?

Erik is right about feeling nonchalant about the whole BBIV.

I used to look it up and wait until it came on TV. I was hooked. There was alot of excitement between the individuals. The team thing is a bit boring. Sometimes I only can catch a few minutes before I drift off.

I would love to get the women back on TV. Their sense of cattiness really made me want to watch each episode.

I would love to get a spot on the BB for women. My handicap is down to just below 16. Just a few more points to go!! (hee, hee!)

Sincerely,
Stacy Solomon

Note: This thread is 6681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!