IGNORED

Club as Alignment Aid?

DrvFrShow

Say I'm going to hit a tee shot with my driver. I line up my shot. Can I lay down my driver along the target path so I can align my feet and then pick up my driver. I know I can't use an alignment stick or another club for this. But if it's the club I'm going to use.... Reason I'm asking is that I suspect my alignment has been a little off in the tee box. I just want to check it to make sure this isn't the problem.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

Say I'm going to hit a tee shot with my driver. I line up my shot. Can I lay down my driver along the target path so I can align my feet and then pick up my driver. I know I can't use an alignment stick or another club for this. But if it's the club I'm going to use.... Reason I'm asking is that I suspect my alignment has been a little off in the tee box. I just want to check it to make sure this isn't the problem.

As of January 2019 you can no longer do this.

• Thumbs Up 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

So I guess if I'm going to do this I have to call it a "practice round" and not reportable. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I would suggest doing this on the practice range hitting towards a specific target.  One or two buckets of balls and you should be good

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• Administrator

Look at 10.2b(3).

(3) No Setting Down Object to Help in Taking Stance. A player must not take a stance for the stroke using any object that was set down by or for the player to help in lining up his or her feet or body, such as a club set down on the ground to show the line of play.
If the player takes a stance in breach of this Rule, he or she cannot avoid penalty by backing away from the stance and removing the object.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

Pick a spot on the ground behind the ball (or ahead of it, I guess) on your target line, like a bare spot or a unique blade of grass or something else that stands out, now you have a line through that spot and your ball that you can set your feet parallel to like rails on a train track

• Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.