IGNORED

Anthony Kim...

pjsnyc
Note: This thread is 5779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How long before Anthony Kim wins a PGA Tour event?

• this year
    • within the next 2 years
    • within the next 5 years
    • within a decade
    • never

I think he will win this year, the kid is good and his swing is fairly simple so he isn't inconsistent. I don't think the course setting will matter... he will win when he is hitting it well and putting well and someone doesn't do it better..

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he will win tomorrow...
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I think he will win tomorrow...

You know, I was just thinking of this thread a moment ago for just this reason.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I voted five years. He was nervous on Sunday when he could have easily won. Will take him some time to get seasoned. Can't throw up on himself like that and expect to contend.

Uhm, call me "prepared to say I was wrong" at this point.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Kim might "throw up on himself" yet tomorrow, but nice job covering yourself if wrong. I use it myself all the time - softens the blow.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

That's OK man. I may well be saying the same thing tomorrow:
I think he's going to win his first in Texas.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I say it could be this year depending on the field of course. If it's a Tiger event..no..but if it's one of those general ones..yes, I think he has a good chance. As far as cocky goes, there was an article about him in either GD of Golf a few months ago and he wears a rhinestone covered belt buckle that says "AK". Hopefully he sticks around to chill out/down and get his speed going. I think he's a tad giddy right now..but that's good..look at Sergio when he began.

Looks like sooner than later..lol He's going to be a decent threat after his first win. I'm interested how he'll do in a "Tiger" event. Talk about some clutch putts today. Finishing up with a birdie after his playing partner holed out for birdie was nothing short of solid. Move over, aside, etc. Kevin Na..here comes Anthony.

I'm going to say next year... he hasn't been in contention much, and I think that will change, but the win might not come until next year.

well, at least I said it might not come until NEXT year... instead of 5 years as iacas voted for. Either way, it looks like we could both be proven wrong... he'd have to throw up twice or someone go real low.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

He's set up for a win today!!!

The dude grips down 1.5" on his driver and still nails it 330 on tight driving holes.

He could really be a monster if his nerves match his ability.

Nike has got to be loving this.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Time is relative.

By 'some time,' I'm sure you meant 2 weeks.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

with him sitting at -13 and imo the only horses in the field that could catch him should he fall would be:

Cink -8 (5 behind)
Ogilvy -7 (6 behind)

and maybe Scott & Lefty both at -5 (8 behind) but their a long ways from catching him imho even if he stumbles

I think today Kim gets the win (unless he really chokes) his 1st

He's set up for a win today!!!

Nike signed him for a reason. Maybe they'll finally put his name on something.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Opens with a birdie. So much for whatever pressure might have hurt his sleep the night of his first 54-hole lead.

There's still plenty of golf to be played, but that is awesome.

-- Michael | My swing! 

He's -4 through 9 holes with 11 Putts. Does the "AK" belt buckle come out at his next tournament? Him and Rori in the battle of the matching bling.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Kim is looking really good this particular Sunday...sinking long birdie putts back to back, then hitting the pin after driving into the bunker and having to lay-up...just looks super focused.

Hi-Bore 9.5° w/ UST pro-force v2 Stiff
Halo 1i 16°
Halo 3i 22°
735.cm 4-PW
Vokey 52.8, Vokey Spin-Milled 56.10, 60.4 Sophia 32" or Studio Design 1 34"

Just noticed that he has on the belt buckle. He played the hole, terribly and still made par. That's a good sign.

The PGA Tour must be happy to see two, sub 25 year olds like Kim and Ryan Moore playing in the last group on consecutive weeks. It's just good for the game.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

He seems like one of those guys that can adjust at the last millisecond before impact.

Like Tiger does, and JD used to do on approach and pitch shots.

World Class talent at a young age, gifted.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I just heard Jim Nantz say he is only the 13th player under the age of 23 to win a PGA Tour event since 1973. He joins an excellent group of golfers and he's the fourth Nike guy to win, this year.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Note: This thread is 5779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!