IGNORED

2022 Presidents Cup

jmanbooyaa

I am actually hoping the International team can make it at least interesting. Maybe the US team comes in over-confident? Obviously the LIV golf league has hurt the internationals more than the Europeans.  I find myself actually kind of pulling for the underdogs here. 

Edited by Bucki1968

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The best thing going for the internationals is that it’s golf. Highly unexpected results have happened in every sport but with golf it just seems to have a higher probability. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Well it was pretty nice overall save the absolute Norman-like finish by Scheffler and  Burns. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Scheffler and  Burns was a complete meltdown. The putting was bad down the stretch. 4-1 US. Curious to see how Kis and Billy Ho play tomorrow. Would have thought Kis would have played today due to format. Oh well. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Yeah based on form last 6-12 month Fox should have been in team. Most consistent on European tour of the internationals in that time. Herbert a bit unlucky also as he showed last weekend. As an Aussie who was at Royal Melbourne for a day for the last cup I have little to absolutely no interest in watching this edition. Not allowing Liv players is the ultimate shooting yourself in ones own foot by the PGA for this edition as I'm not keen to watch the internationals getting destroyed which will likely happen. As someone said this is not pro-Liv rather pro best players to make it competitive. If the rules don't change do they think sponsors in Australia will be interested in hosting it here again with players like Smith out and knowing the local team will go down 5-25? PGA needs to relax the rules here for Liv players for the overall good of this comp else I can see it dying in next 10 years if Liv survives and grows. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Curious to see how Kis and Billy Ho play tomorrow. Would have thought Kis would have played today due to format. Oh well. 

No. He’s a short hitter.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

No. He’s a short hitter.

Correct. I would think 4somes would work well for him. Either way hopefully he plays well tomorrow. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Correct. I would think 4somes would work well for him. Either way hopefully he plays well tomorrow. 

By constantly having to hit longer clubs in or leaving his partner with longer shots?

Four ball is better for a short hitter at this course.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 hours ago, iacas said:

Who in the heck is Ryan Fox?

was the longest hitter on the European tour 

Played in the majors -US open , British open,PGA champs 

Go Foxy Go

• Administrator

WD, MC his last two starts. T22 and then MC at the British Open and the U.S. Open. 

T47 at the Scottish. 2nd and 3rd and 2nd at three DPWT events (meh). 54th at the PGA.

Big bag of meh.

• Funny 1

21 minutes ago, iacas said:

WD, MC his last two starts. T22 and then MC at the British Open and the U.S. Open. 

T47 at the Scottish. 2nd and 3rd and 2nd at three DPWT events (meh). 54th at the PGA.

Big bag of meh.

Yeah is form has been pretty flat of late ... but so has many golfers playing the PC ....

Ryan Fox Golf ranking in the wold at present -47th only 4 players are ahead of Foxy in the international team .. 

android-chrome-512x512.png?w=300&h=200&f

ELIGIBLE TOURS. OFFICIAL WORLD GOLF RANKING FOUNDERS. STAY IN TOUCH. © 2022 - OFFICIAL WORLD GOLF RANKING.

Edited by NZ Golfer

Go Foxy Go

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, NZ Golfer said:

Yeah is form has been pretty flat of late ... but so has many golfers playing the PC ....

Ryan Fox Golf ranking in the wold at present -47th 

I know. But he earned a lot of points before the shift in the OWGR, and with some top-three finishes in DPWT events that were poorly attended.

I don't think he would have been a better choice than anyone on the team.

He's a nobody to anyone outside of NZ.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

I know. But he earned a lot of points before the shift in the OWGR, and with some top-three finishes in DPWT events that were poorly attended.

I don't think he would have been a better choice than anyone on the team.

He's a nobody to anyone outside of NZ.

I disagree .. but thats fine .. not that he would have made a massive difference against such a stacked TEAM USA..international really needs the LIV players ....Cam smith , niemann , Ancer

Go Foxy Go

31 minutes ago, NZ Golfer said:

I disagree

With what exactly?

Aren’t you in NZ? 😃

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Aren’t you in NZ? 😃

He is yes. 😄

• Administrator

I didn't say this Ryan Fox person doesn't play outside of NZ, I said he's unknown outside of NZ.

Literally have never heard of him before. Nobody's mentioned him in the Presidents Cup run-up, etc.