IGNORED

2022 Presidents Cup

jmanbooyaa

2 weeks out and team rosters completed. Like the US captain picks. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator

You could post them here. 😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
USATSI_16369215.jpg?w=640

When Cam Smith and Joaquin Niemann made the jump to LIV, Immelman suddenly had an extra pair of selections.
  1. KH Lee
  2. Sebastián Muñoz
  3. Christiaan Bezuidenhout
  4. Taylor Pendrith
  5. Si Woo Kim
  6. Cam Davis

The automatic guys were…

1. Hideki Matsuyama
  2. Sungjae Im
  3. Joohyung 'Tom' Kim
  4. Corey Connors
  5. Adam Scott
  6. Mito Pereira

On the U.S. side…

1. Scottie Scheffler
  2. Patrick Cantlay
  3. Xander Schauffele
  4. Sam Burns
  5. Justin Thomas
  6. Tony Finau
  7. Jordan Spieth
  8. Collin Morikawa
  9. Max Homa
  10. Billy Horschel
  11. Cam Young
  12. Kevin Kisner
c02-refer-02-e1611667906176.jpg?w=640

Check out Team USA’s six captains picks for the Presidents Cup.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No Zalatoris?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

@Vinsk he is out with an injury. He took him self out of a spot. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

2 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

@Vinsk he is out with an injury. He took him self out of a spot. 

Oh damn! Still the back? I thought that was just a tweak. Ok gotcha.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I am encouraged by the US selections. Yes, just the Pres Cup but if some play well maybe they make it to the Cup. The Liv defectors opened the door for a Billy Ho and Kisner. Excited to see their fire and passion for the game in a team setting. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

I am personally stoked for Presidents Cup.  It gets a lot of flack for not being the Ryder Cup, and on paper the US team looks like clear favorites, but this is a great competition and will be a really fun week of golf

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Eric

• 2 weeks later...

The field isn't too appealing, unfortunately. 

Not a big deal for me as It's not an event I pay too much attention to anyway , but what worries me is that if majors start to look like this (adding in the handful of good Europeans on the PGAT), it's going to kill them.

I think the teams look solid with players who are talented and who want to compete. Can’t wait to watch this Thursday. As for the majors, the bulk of the Europeans who left for LiV they are non competitive anyway in the majors. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

I'll be there Saturday... it's in NC + free tickets, can't beat that

Too bad there is not a single European

4 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Too bad there is not a single European

Hahaha, I just realized why

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Moxley said:

The field isn't too appealing, unfortunately. 

Not a big deal for me as It's not an event I pay too much attention to anyway , but what worries me is that if majors start to look like this (adding in the handful of good Europeans on the PGAT), it's going to kill them.

Ha, no. It won’t.

Bad pro-LIV take after bad take from our man @Moxley.

Thanks, but it's not "pro Liv" , just pro seeing the best tournaments have the best players. 

For a major to be relevant, at least to most people, it needs to have the best players. One or two missing due to injury is OK, a third or a half is not. Similar for these team events. 

I just don't see how it's in the golf fan's interest to exclude these players. 

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Moxley said:

Thanks, but it's not "pro Liv" , just pro seeing the best tournaments have the best players. 

For a major to be relevant, at least to most people, it needs to have the best players. One or two missing due to injury is OK, a third or a half is not. Similar for these team events. 

I just don't see how it's in the golf fan's interest to exclude these players. 

It wasn’t until they went for the enormous money grab. It’s on them, not us as fans. As their product gets diluted, they will be remembered for that. The majors will fill up with more great players because young great players still keep coming. Fans will get over Phil, DJ, et al, not being at majors.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Moxley said:

How do you figure "a third or a half" of the best players will be missing?

LIV has like 5-10 good players, and many of them have major exemptions for years to come. Even some of the not-so-good players (Phil) have exemptions for quite awhile.

And… for every Abe Ancer, who you might try to say is a "great" player, there will be another to come along and replace him.

Smith and Niemann….definitely strong contenders for majors to come. That’s about it really. 

Yes go the international team (NON European players) am gutted for my local Kiwi Golfer -Ryan Fox didn't get picked would have been brilliant for our small passionate Golfing nation ( second in the world for most courses per capita)...

Going be a miracle for INTL team against one of the strongest TEAM USA ever ....

Go Foxy Go

• Administrator

Who in the heck is Ryan Fox?