IGNORED

Your Most Memorable Shot

johntodd
Note: This thread is 3699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All of us have had our share of ugly skulls, fat shots, twisted putts & wack drives... We really tend to forget those & remember the shots that kept us going on to keep on playing the game.
So from all the rounds that you've ever played... what was the most memorable shot in your career?
What made it so memorable?

For me, it was the 1st time I cracked a 300 yard drive.
Last year, it was my 4th time out ever. My 1st time with a new group of friends.
2nd hole, par 4, 452.
What made it memorable was the 300 yard drive, followed by a crisp 8 onto the green and my 1st birdie of the season.
Memorable hole, memorable beginning & score. it was awesome!
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

My first-ever birdie. I was on a 150 yard par 3. I hit a nice, smooth 7 iron just above and left of the hole about 25 feet away. Made the putt and screamed my guts out.

My second-ever birdie came that same round on a par 4 that I pitched in from about 40-50 yards. Good times.

Mine was just a few days ago - a par 3 hole in one. The only problem was the "hole" was a drainage culvert about 25 yards left of the green! My 9 year old son thought it was "AWESOME!" And I got a giggle out of it too. It wasn't a good shot, but it was memorable!

• Upvote 1

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

Par 3 over water. This hole was HELL. Short, and you're in the water. Long, and you hit the fence to the highway. Either side and you're in bunker.

I got par on it.

It was my first par since I started playing about 3 months ago. Would have been birdie, but I didn't know much about putting back then.

Bag o' goodness:

r7 460 - Driver
- Woods
Burner - Irons - Putter

it's so hard to choose one...

About 12 years ago I had an eagle from about 140 on a par 4... problem was, I didn't actually see it go in, we just finally looked in the hole (blind approach, from where I was at least).

Another was a 225yd 2-hybrid to 3 feet for a kick in eagle on a par 5 last year. Perfect shot... flushed it.

First time I drove a Par 4 and made the eagle putt... it was across a dogleg with a bunch of trees and a pond from an elevated tee. We were playing a scramble and I putted first... made about a 25 footer.

Still waiting for the best type eagle... a hole in one.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

i had a shot similar to tiger on 16 at the masters... of course not with that severe of a break but still had a long right to left roll from 50 yards out right into the cup...it was awesome to watch it roll up to the pin and then *poof* it disappeared...
but thats tied with a 265 drive and sticking it exactly half inch left of the cup.

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

My best shot was 120 metre pitching wedge on a par 5 hole. The ball landed directly in the hole! Easy Eagle ;)

The most amazing thing I've heard was an quite old player about 60 years old. He played a par 3 hole, shot the ball quite off the course. they searched everywhere for the ball, then someone of the three players just shouted "hey guys, let's check the hole". they walked to the hole and realised it was a hole in one, amazingly it had somehow bumped on a stone, tree or something else quite hard and then into the hole.

Junior High golf tryouts - We were at the driving range, I hit way underneath the ball. The ball went straight up into the air about up to my waist, back down, and landed right back on the rubber tee.

• Upvote 1

I have two. First one is the from the first time I ever beat my dad. I was either 10 or 11. We were tied going into #18. I had a 9-10 foot putt left for par to win. Probably the most excited I've ever been, making that putt. I shot 90 and my dad shot 91. I'll never forget that.

The other is my hole in one. 4 iron, 152 yards into very strong wind. Piece of cake.

Fore!

Most memorable shot I've ever witnessed:

We're playing in a scramble, and my partner hits our 2nd shot on a long part 5. We're 280 out according to the SkyCaddie. He takes driver OFF THE DECK, sails the fairway, over the trouble, and bounces up on the green. We still only made par, but 280 off the deck with a driver was a sight to see.

Par 3 over water. This hole was HELL. Short, and you're in the water. Long, and you hit the fence to the highway. Either side and you're in bunker.

1. what course is this? i'm hoping it's not upstate NY and closer to the NYC area so I can check this hole out.

2nd, I witnessed a funny one the other day.... the guy we were playing with..it was like his 3rd time playing.... we're about 165 out..and he's like what should I hit? i said dude takea 7 iron... he hit the best shot that he hit all day...it bounced on the green..hit the flag and fell in for eagle...meanwhile my 2nd shot was a 90 yard wedge shot that I ended up coming short on. this dude who's never played before this year EAGLES and it's my 2nd year & from 90 out, I can't even stick the green! great round though..he was so excited, he bought all of us the next 2 rounds of drinks.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Just happened yesterday. After a 280 yard drive (which i had to argue with the guys i was playing with as their math skills arent very high...377 yard hole and i hit it a little bit past the 100 yard marker (red) towards the green...do the math...280 yards)...

I hit a 54 degree wedge that i pulled left that landed on the first cut of rough outside of the green about 50 feet away. The green was on a downward slant so i picked a spot to chip it to in hopes i would roll it towards the hole. 30 feet out and roughly 6 feet above the hole and just let it roll on a curve down and get it within a few feet. Few feet me arse...the sucker went in!!! Least to say, i threw my club in exhiliration and made my first birdie of the year. Too bad the rest of the day sucked, but at least that hole was encouraging...

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

I have two. The first was on May 30, 1998. No, I did not remeber the date because of the shot. It was the morning of my wife's uncle's wedding. We went out that morning and played 18 holes. The 5th hole was a short par 4, about 290 yards. I hit my tee shot pin high but about 10 yards left of the green. There was a deep bunker between me and the green and the flag was about 15 feet from the fringe. I opened the face of my SW and hit a pitch shot that landed on the fringe and released towards the pin. It dropped into the cup for my first eagle.

Three years ago we were playing a 380 yard par 4. I pulled my tee shot into the left rough. When I got to my ball it was sitting about 1 foot out of the 1st cut of rough in knee deep heather. The ball was sitting up about 6 inches off the ground. There was no way I could have even addressed my ball without moving it so I took an unplayable. I dropped the ball in the rough and hit my GW from 97 yards. The ball landed about 8 feet short of the hole, bounced once and relaesed. It rolled straight it. It was the longest shot I have ever holed out. Unfortunately it was for birdie with the penalty shot. The best part was the tee ahead of us was backed up so there were 8 people on the next tee, all with our league, that saw it.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Sinking a 8 iron for eagle. Watched the ball slow-roll its way into the cup.

In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

Mine was an eagle from 50 yards

It was a short par 4 only like 320 and downhill all the way. I ht my driver and

crushed like 270(downhill) and hit a perfect 52 degree and I even got to watch

it go in since it was downhill. It was real early at my country club too and i think

i woke people who were sleeping but i dont care since it was awesome

In My Edge Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw
3-Wood: Burner
3h,4h: Idea A2
Irons: 5-PW Idea A2Wedges: X-Tour 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XGBall: OPB (Other People's Balls)

8 iron uphill 133 yards on the par three #15 at Lion's Municpal in Austin, TX. My second hole in one. It was more memorable than the first one because I couldn't see the first one go in.

In my bag:
Launcher 460 9 degree aldila stiff shaft
13 degree fairway wood aldila stiff shaft
Halo 2i hybrid stiff shaft
CG4 irons 4 thru PW regular graphite shaftsCG10 wedges 52,56, and 60 degreeOdyssey Putter #4

Too many to list. The craziest shot I ever hit was when I was 17. I was playing a 130 yard par 3, hit a nine iron that hit the glanced off the flagstick, bounced beyond the hole, spun back and hit the flagstick again and bounced away several feet. Nuts!

Note: This thread is 3699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!