IGNORED

A Year of GEARS

iacas

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

Congrats.

If you are going to work with @iacas (I think you are..), then don't worry about it too much. He will take you through the process and help filter it to your priority/priorities. If you are curious or know something upfront then prepare a list of questions you can ask. Have fun.

I am, and doing two sessions since it runs into  a weekend golf trip nearby. Wish I knew earlier I would’ve gone before last years trip. I’ve been writing a few curious questions but yeah will just go with his expertise, gonna be fun!

43 minutes ago, 11bravoveteran said:

I am, and doing two sessions since it runs into  a weekend golf trip nearby. Wish I knew earlier I would’ve gone before last years trip. I’ve been writing a few curious questions but yeah will just go with his expertise, gonna be fun!

Cool. Keep a very open mind. If you are anything like me, don't be too surprised if what you think your movements/issues are and what the actual data tells you end up in completely different zip codes.

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, 11bravoveteran said:

I like tech and information but how do you not get bogged down with a full mri? Did you just go in with a couple things you’d like to know or work on?

You don’t have to worry about this kind of stuff. @iacas is pretty good at what he does. You can look at stuff because it’s interesting but just focus on what you’re there to do.

32 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Cool. Keep a very open mind. If you are anything like me, don't be too surprised if what you think your movements/issues are and what the actual data tells you end up in completely different zip codes.

We’d all be better at golf if we knew what needed fixing in our swings 😉

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Yeah I’m sure 90% of the data will be interesting stuff from watching YouTube videos. I bet it’s cool to manipulate changes in real time.

The only other thing I need to figure out is a good place for dinner in the area  one night :-)

5 hours ago, 11bravoveteran said:

Yeah I’m sure 90% of the data will be interesting stuff from watching YouTube videos. I bet it’s cool to manipulate changes in real time.

The only other thing I need to figure out is a good place for dinner in the area  one night :-)

Erik likes Outback!

• Thumbs Up 2

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

6 hours ago, 11bravoveteran said:

@boogielicious and I both like The Brewery at Union Station. We go there every trip.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 1 month later...

Just a  follow up, I had the best lessons ever on gears with the best instructor! Wish I would’ve made the drive earlier in the year but put it together during a golf trip.

Gears was incredible to see your swing in 3d with all the necessary data. I’ve had very few formal lessons in the past and a couple online but nothing compared to working with Erik. He made it  very comfortable and relaxed, patient with all my  questions and showed some swing comparisons of pros swings. 

Our main focus was getting the pelvis to move in a better pattern and when he first pushed on my hip with that pvc going back it was like a “wow” moment. And to see the affects in real time just made it quicker to adapt and learn how to find it again, however, even without gears I’m sure it would’ve been an awesome lesson..it’s just nice for some players to see the facts, no debate…

At the end of the 1st session I was shocked at the video seeing my pelvis move better, hips open, no early extension. I was literally like I can’t believe that video capture is me!

I’m glad I had a second session the following morning, just to reinforce the earlier ideas and work on the next piece to complete the movement, and we still had plenty of time to mess around with lower priority ideas for later.

I left that afternoon armed with a practice plan, he took extra time to show me what to look for on my own video and I got a copy of LSW.

We’ll continue on evolvr for checkups until another road trip for sure!
I also just ordered the stack system with his discount code to work on some speed training as well. 

Just wanted to share my appreciation for all Erik’s help and anyone finding there way here like I did over the winter to give it a try!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3