IGNORED

2023 Non-Golf Goals

saevel25

In the same of setting 2022 golf goals. I thought, a topic on setting 2022 non-golfing goals might be good. 

1. Frame situations in which I would typically be scared or anxious more in terms of exciting and wonderment. Example, one person gets on a rollercoaster and feels this heightened sense of excitement, and another person feels dread. Both states, are what phycologist call arousal emotions (its a clinical term, lets be adults here 😛. The countdown to inappropriate joke begins). The only difference between the two states is the story we tell ourselves in our heads. Reframing the narrative is a very useful tool when feeling anxiety and trying to switch it over to excitement. This came to mind, because I have an interview in a few weeks for a supervisor position. Public speaking, or interviews are near the top of my list of stressful things to do. 
  2. Accept other people's charity and help. I tend to be more of the, "Oh I didn't need you to do that". Over the years I've come to think of it as, it is sometimes more for that person than it is for me. I want to try to just say "Thank you" and accept other people's good nature or good actions. 
  3. Read more. This is something I feel like I need to do. It will get me away from the TV and computer screen. 
  4. Play more golf with my dad. 
  5. Stop arguing for the sake of arguing. Stop playing devils advocate nearly as much as I do. My brain is to good at seeing alternatives or what ifs. Sometimes, a point a person has to make is more personal and not a rational one. Taking in account the emotional side of things is important, because emotions are real to that person.  
  6. Actually focus on people when they talk. Really bad habit of mine. 
  7. Meditate more often. 
  8. Workout more often.
  9. Hang out with friends more often.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to 2023 Non-Golf Goals
2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

arousal emotions

Beavis And Butthead 90S Tv GIF

But seriously, #1 is a great life pro tip.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I need to definitely work out more and recently I’ve been given a good reason to do so. 

I need to set up more dates for my wife and I. We are done having kids now, so we need some activities for ourselves. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

1. Help my wife ease into retirement. She’s retiring at the end of this month. The transition could be hard for her. For me, I retired then the world shut down due to COVID, literally on the same day. Here’s should not be that dramatic.
  2. Lengthen my fuse. I tend to let things get to me too fast.
  3. Get down to 180 lbs. I’ve been doing the Fit for Golf program faithfully and have gotten stronger and more flexible, but I’d like to get lower in weight. I have 13 lbs to go.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave