IGNORED

10.5 vs 9 Driver Advice

I have been playing a PXG 0211 driver (stiff shaft) for the last few months.
I have never had the option to change the loft, but this driver is adjustable.
Since my drives are now consistent with this driver (little baby fades), I am wondering if there is a benefit to using a 9 over 10.5?
from what I have read 10.5 offers more forgiveness, but a 9 might offer a little more distance.

The last time I was on a launch monitor, my launch angle was a 16 and swing and ball speed required a stiff shaft. 
I still hit the ball really high and carry about 250-260 on my drives. 

Unfortunately I have little time to spend hours at the range, so I would end up making the change and hitting some balls into the net in the backyard, at best!
I ask because I am not the type of person to try something and give up. I know myself well enough (OK, it is OCD) that I will continue to work at it to make the 9 work. I have never bough equipment for my swing, I have always had to learn to use the equipment.

Should a 9 be reserved for a better player? as more consistent swing?
Should I just continue on with what I have?

Any advice is appreciated. 

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nope, what ever produces the best launch conditions. You will launch it slightly lower with 300-500 less spin dropping it 1.5 degrees. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

It really depends on launch and landing conditions and what you want from your driver.
I also carry my driver around 260. High launch and low spin is always my goal to maximize distance. My AoA is around +5, I'm playing a 7° driver. On hard fairways I get 40 yards of roll because my landing angle it´s below 40°. One of the best things I did last year was to purchase a 2 hour session with trackman just to dial-in my driver numbers and technique. Went from 240 carry+20 roll to the above. 40 yards gain for a 39 year old guy was a game changer. 

• Informative 1

2 hours ago, Elmer said:

I have been playing a PXG 0211 driver (stiff shaft) for the last few months.
I have never had the option to change the loft, but this driver is adjustable.
Since my drives are now consistent with this driver (little baby fades), I am wondering if there is a benefit to using a 9 over 10.5?
from what I have read 10.5 offers more forgiveness, but a 9 might offer a little more distance.

The last time I was on a launch monitor, my launch angle was a 16 and swing and ball speed required a stiff shaft. 
I still hit the ball really high and carry about 250-260 on my drives. 

Unfortunately I have little time to spend hours at the range, so I would end up making the change and hitting some balls into the net in the backyard, at best!
I ask because I am not the type of person to try something and give up. I know myself well enough (OK, it is OCD) that I will continue to work at it to make the 9 work. I have never bough equipment for my swing, I have always had to learn to use the equipment.

Should a 9 be reserved for a better player? as more consistent swing?
Should I just continue on with what I have?

Any advice is appreciated. 

@saevel25 gave a pretty good answer. But this question is kind of like "What size shoes should I buy?" 

Answer: It's going to be different for everyone. 

It's also important to remember adjusting the loft will also adjust the lie angle.
PXG Standard loft, -3* lie
Flat Minus, -1* loft, -2.5* lie
Big Minus, -1.5* loft, -1.5* lie
Small Minus, -1* loft, -0.5 lie
Standard “Dot” Setting
Small Plus, +1* loft, -0.5* lie
Big Plus, +1.5* loft, -1.5* lie
Flat Plus, +1* loft, -2.5* lie

• Informative 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.