IGNORED

Rest in Peace Jimmy

boogielicious

I’ve been influenced by a lot of musicians but for me Jimmy Buffett was the pinnacle. My wife introduced him to me in college on her cheap turntable that needed a c-clamp to work properly. I instantly loved his music. We went to more than 50 shows. We helped start the wonderful tailgate at Great Woods. I painted this banner for one of those tailgates. 

I learned his music and I played his music in bars and clubs as a soloist. It made me a better performer and eventually song writer. 

The Parrothead community, which follows him, is as welcoming a group of fans you’ll ever meet. We were fortunate enough to see him one last time in a wonderful surprise this summer at a Mac McAnally show. 

My heart is broken today but his songs will help mend that. 

“According to my watch, the time is now
Past is dead and gone
Don’t try to shake it, just nod your head
Breathe in, Breathe Out, Move on

Don’t try to explain it, just bow your head
Breath in, Breathe Out, Move On. “

IMG_0932.jpeg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Sorry to hear this for you Scott. While I hope to make it to 76 and that number feels like a decent life, it also feels much too young for those who contribute so much to the world.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

26 minutes ago, iacas said:

Sorry to hear this for you Scott. While I hope to make it to 76 and that number feels like a decent life, it also feels much too young for those who contribute so much to the world.

Thanks. Helping people and making people feel good seems to me the best occupation to have. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

76 is young.  He will be missed.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

I didn't know he was a lefty. The Primo Parrothead Party concerts at Buckeye Lake were some of the best I have ever seen. One was in the total downpour remnants of a hurricane. Might have to dig out some old t-shirts now. We both went to Auburn, where he learned to play guitar and then left after a year. I was there well after him and stuck it out for a ChemE degree. He probably had the better career.

War Eagle!

21 minutes ago, The Flush said:

I didn't know he was a lefty. The Primo Parrothead Party concerts at Buckeye Lake were some of the best I have ever seen. One was in the total downpour remnants of a hurricane. Might have to dig out some old t-shirts now. We both went to Auburn, where he learned to play guitar and then left after a year. I was there well after him and stuck it out for a ChemE degree. He probably had the better career.

“ I love Cajun Martinis and playing afternoon golf.” - Jimmy in We are the People Our Parents Warned Us About

Scott

My Swing Thread

RIP

Whenever my dad has one too many margaritas, he puts on a live version of Fruitcakes and yells "I want my Jr. Mints". That was my introduction to Jimmy Buffet. I'm visiting my parents for dinner tonight, wouldn't be surprised to hear it later.

At some point in my mid-20s, when music format was shifting from CDs to downloadable media, I bought a curated 75 song Jimmy Buffet collection on iTunes. I don't think there are any songs in that collection that I press skip when they come on.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Having friends over for a pool party today. 

Seems appropriate to have a drink in his memory:

IMG_7083.jpeg

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

1 hour ago, StuM said:

Having friends over for a pool party today. 

Seems appropriate to have a drink in his memory:

IMG_7083.jpeg

Nice!

Scott

My Swing Thread

RIP Jimmy.. Never had the pleasure to go to any of his live events, but his music lit up many of our backyard parties. 76 is a bit young but I too, like Erik said would consider myself lucky to make it to that age.

Vishal S.

14 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

RIP Jimmy.. Never had the pleasure to go to any of his live events, but his music lit up many of our backyard parties. 76 is a bit young but I too, like Erik said would consider myself lucky to make it to that age.

I have 13 years to that date.😉

Scott

My Swing Thread

48 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I have 13 years to that date.😉

Wish you a very very long life friend! Most importantly a healthy one. I will be good to go once I shoot my age..😊

Vishal S.

Introduced to Jimmy by my college roommate.  It was love at first hearing his songs.  Got to see him once, the Coconut Telegraph” tour.  Sweet memories of a great show.  Have never really heard a bad song by him,  the one I like most is “A Pirate Looks at Forty” (then again as an ECU Pirates grad, it sorta fit).  He found his occupation by telling stories of life often in a way we would just nod and say, “You tell it man”.

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Wish you a very very long life friend! Most importantly a healthy one. I will be good to go once I shoot my age..😊

If I keep shooting in the 80s, l will keep getting closer to shooting my age!

Scott

My Swing Thread