IGNORED

Stand Bag Suggestions?

41 minutes ago, Nygolfer12 said:

I’ve been researching several golf bags for a while now. I’m looking for the most versatile bag-one that could be used for walking and riding. It would be great if the bag was light and worked great on a cart (sturdy and keeps the clubs somewhat in place). Even better if the the bag that travels well and could be used with a caddy. 

Does something like this exist? 

Have you checked Vessel Bags? They’ve got some real nice bags.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 hours ago, Nygolfer12 said:

I’ve been researching several golf bags for a while now. I’m looking for the most versatile bag-one that could be used for walking and riding. It would be great if the bag was light and worked great on a cart (sturdy and keeps the clubs somewhat in place). Even better if the the bag that travels well and could be used with a caddy. 

Does something like this exist? 

I'll echo my previous pst in this thread, I have a Ping Hoofer.  My previous Ping Hoofer lasted 8 years and was perfectly serviceable, I expect this one to be durable too.  The bag sits fine on a buggy, it has one of the new-style "cart strap" channels.  It stays stable on my QOD motorized trolley.  Its NOT the lightest bag available, but its not too heavy unless you put too much stuff in it.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

On 10/17/2023 at 12:59 PM, TourSpoon said:

I have the Titleist Players 4 stand and the Titleist cart 14.  I do prefer the Players 4 (at the moment) even though I ride and live on course. I find myself taking my bag off quite often at the range and for away games and its just a super easy bag to navigate with. I do miss having a putter well though. 

So I just bought another Titleist Players 4 and realized that my previous bag was a 4+ (which I think is now the 5). The Players 4 is tight and will only be used for travel.  The extra room of the 4+ really made it a better bag. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

On 11/2/2023 at 12:56 PM, billchao said:

I’m thinking about getting a new bag over the winter and I’m probably going to move on from 13-way dividers.

Definitely didn't get a bag over the winter. I think I finally found one now, though. Going to get the Mizuno BR-D4 6-Way stand bag. Just trying to decide what color to get. I kind of don't like the way half the left side is black thus making the bag two-toned in every color other than black, but I also don't want an all black golf bag.

Otherwise it seems to check all the boxes I have, the primary ones being the 6-way full length dividers with a putter well and having plenty of pockets (but not too many, I'm a packrat). I definitely need a narrower bag than my C130S.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

7 minutes ago, billchao said:

Definitely didn't get a bag over the winter. I think I finally found one now, though. Going to get the Mizuno BR-D4 6-Way stand bag. Just trying to decide what color to get. I kind of don't like the way half the left side is black thus making the bag two-toned in every color other than black, but I also don't want an all black golf bag.

Otherwise it seems to check all the boxes I have, the primary ones being the 6-way full length dividers with a putter well and having plenty of pockets (but not too many, I'm a packrat). I definitely need a narrower bag than my C130S.

While I love the look of my Mizuno 14 way stand bag, there is definitely a defect in the legs. My family has all had the same issue. Maybe it’s been addressed or it’s not an issue for the. 6 way, but it may be something to consider when looking for a bag. 

Mizuno makes great clubs and customer service has been great, but the bags are not my favorite. 

5 minutes ago, Nygolfer12 said:

While I love the look of my Mizuno 14 way stand bag, there is definitely a defect in the legs.

Thanks for the feedback. That seems to be what many people have complained about the bag. I'm only planning to use the legs when loading/unloading the bag from my push cart and the occasional driving range that doesn't have a bag stand.

It's probably something I'm just going to have to deal with because I can't find any other bags with the top configuration that I like.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

IMG_4290.jpeg

Both the bag and the umbrella came in with plenty of time to spare for my trip. I was worried I might not like the color choice but it’s absolutely stunning in person.

@Nygolfer12 I see what you're saying about the legs. The bag can slide and the legs overextend to the sides. It's definitely not as stable as my C130S. I might come up with a fix for it sometime but for now I'll leave it as is. It also has plenty of pockets, but they're not as deep as the C130S. They're good enough, though. I'm thinking about getting the ball pocket panel embroidered with my name or something. I've never had a removeable panel on a bag before.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
5 hours ago, billchao said:

@Nygolfer12 I see what you're saying about the legs. The bag can slide and the legs overextend to the sides. It's definitely not as stable as my C130S. I might come up with a fix for it sometime but for now I'll leave it as is. It also has plenty of pockets, but they're not as deep as the C130S. They're good enough, though. I'm thinking about getting the ball pocket panel embroidered with my name or something. I've never had a removeable panel on a bag before.

Clip a thicker string across them about halfway apart, or make it like a triangle if there's a middle spine near the bag, so the legs can't extend out too far.

Even a thin strap will do it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Clip a thicker string across them about halfway apart, or make it like a triangle if there's a middle spine near the bag, so the legs can't extend out too far.

Even a thin strap will do it.

That’s roughly what I was thinking, just tie a string between the two legs so that when it’s under tension it forms a triangle. 

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
1 minute ago, billchao said:

That’s roughly what I was thinking, just tie a string between the two legs so that when it’s under tension it forms a triangle. 

You could wrap a little black duct tape above the string so it doesn't slide up. KISS.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, billchao said:

Outside of the legs, the bag is great. I have been using it on a cart or push cart, so it’s not as noticeable for now. The legs on the three we have in this house won’t extend out-so the base of the legs is extremely narrow and it’s nearly impossible for it to stand alone, meaning it usually has to be set on the ground. I have the 14 way stand bag, so it’s a bit heavier and may not help the problem either. 

2 minutes ago, Nygolfer12 said:

Outside of the legs, the bag is great. I have been using it on a cart or push cart, so it’s not as noticeable for now. The legs on the three we have in this house won’t extend out-so the base of the legs is extremely narrow and it’s nearly impossible for it to stand alone, meaning it usually has to be set on the ground. I have the 14 way stand bag, so it’s a bit heavier and may not help the problem either. 

The legs won't extend far enough out at all? That's a different problem than the one I've read about everyone having, and it seems to be the opposite problem to what I have.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

What do you mean they won't extend out? Are they still in the elastic loops? 🤣

Can you post a photo @Nygolfer12?

1 hour ago, Nygolfer12 said:

The legs on the three we have in this house won’t extend out-so the base of the legs is extremely narrow and it’s nearly impossible for it to stand alone,

image.gif.bd0e6535ba0a3bd6f7993cd34490bddb.gif

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge