IGNORED

I Need Pants, Temps in the 60's Coming!

Looks like cold weather is headed here soon, temps in the high 60's even calling for a 58. So I need to get a pair of pants. I don't want skin tight ones nor the jogger type. As a respectable gentleman I would like something in a modern cut but not to tight, with a stretch to them. Since I am a man of means I do have a bit of an investment in the gut department. LOL Seriously though anyone got a favorite brand? With the "performance" fabrics I was wondering about the wrinkle factor and clingy feel they might have.  

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dude! Pants are only required when it gets in the 40s and only when windy!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I left a night Spring Training game one time because the temp said 75 and I was shivering in shorts and t-shirt.  I've lived in Florida too long. I remember when I was stationed at Ft Drum, NY wearing shorts when it was 45-50 degrees. 

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

5 hours ago, snapfade said:

Looks like cold weather is headed here soon, temps in the high 60's even calling for a 58. So I need to get a pair of pants. I don't want skin tight ones nor the jogger type. As a respectable gentleman I would like something in a modern cut but not to tight, with a stretch to them. Since I am a man of means I do have a bit of an investment in the gut department. LOL Seriously though anyone got a favorite brand? With the "performance" fabrics I was wondering about the wrinkle factor and clingy feel they might have.  

I am unable to respond to this the way I would initially react (right now dreaming of the 60s), so I won't. 

But on that note, how about these:

942188?$large$&fmt=auto&qlt=default

on a more serious note to stop me getting in too much trouble, I like under armour, adidas and I just got a pair of travis mathew ones which are pretty good. I too am sporting some additional circumference and I find these three to be "safe" options. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 2

No pants huh?

Well you could just try a layer or two of pantyhose. 

Don't get to hung up on masculinity, even some football players of note make use. 

image.png

• Funny 3

In all seriousness, I’ve got Under Armour slacks I really like. But I recommend you go to a golf store and try on a few. They all fit a bit different. Florida has golf stores, right?

Scott

My Swing Thread

29 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

In all seriousness, I’ve got Under Armour slacks I really like. But I recommend you go to a golf store and try on a few. They all fit a bit different. Florida has golf stores, right?

Under Armour golf pants are great, I have several colors.  Very comfortable, I hit the UA store in Disney Springs every year I'm in Florida and usually buy some.  Their shorts are great too.

Although my favorite golf pants were the ones we got from Ping for the Newport Cup so long ago, but they don't make them anymore.  :scared:

Edited by jsgolfer
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

2 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

Under Armour golf pants are great, I have several colors.  Very comfortable, I hit the UA store in Disney Springs every year I'm in Florida and usually buy some.  Their shorts are great too.

Although my favorite golf pants were the ones we got from Ping for the Newport Cup so long ago, but they don't make them anymore.  :scared:

When at Disney Springs I highly recommend the filet mignon sliders at the Boathouse.  An almost weekly indulgence.

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Now slacks is a word I haven't heard in a while. You wouldn't happen to have a pair of Sans-A-Belts packed away in the garage would you? 

You think there would be a golf shop on every corner but not really. I think Dicks/ Golf Galaxy ran the independent shops out. In Orlando we have a PGA Superstore and right behind it is an Edwin Watts. There is a small one on I Drive. 

38 minutes ago, snapfade said:

When at Disney Springs I highly recommend the filet mignon sliders at the Boathouse.  An almost weekly indulgence.

Now slacks is a word I haven't heard in a while. You wouldn't happen to have a pair of Sans-A-Belts packed away in the garage would you? 

You think there would be a golf shop on every corner but not really. I think Dicks/ Golf Galaxy ran the independent shops out. In Orlando we have a PGA Superstore and right behind it is an Edwin Watts. There is a small one on I Drive. 

I'll have to try the sliders when I head down to Florida in February.  Last time I was there, I had the lobster roll at the Boathouse, I usually take my parents there for dinner one night while I'm there. Was pretty good, even by Mainer standards.

And I'll wear shorts the entire time I'm in Florida, unless it's under 50.

Edited by jsgolfer

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

1 hour ago, jsgolfer said:

I'll have to try the sliders when I head down to Florida in February.  Last time I was there, I had the lobster roll at the Boathouse, I usually take my parents there for dinner one night while I'm there. Was pretty good, even by Mainer standards.

And I'll wear shorts the entire time I'm in Florida, unless it's under 50.

Here beachside this time of year you can tell the Floridians from the people from the northern climates by the amount if skin showing. Sometimes not a bad thing, other times well......

If you got the time head over to Cocoa Beach I'll cover you for a round at my stomping grounds. Cocoa Beach Golf and Country Club. Don't let the name fool you though.

2 hours ago, snapfade said:

You wouldn't happen to have a pair of Sans-A-Belts packed away in the garage would you? 

IMG_1036.jpeg

Scott

My Swing Thread

26 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

IMG_1036.jpeg

You look younger than I thought. LOL

• Funny 1

+1 on the under armor pants.  I'm further south in Florida and wear them all the time.  Not the warmest in the cold though, but shouldn't be too bad for Florida cold.  Pretty comfortable in the heat.

If you are ex-military, they give quite a discount, especially online.  Free 2 day shipping with Shop Runner if you have that with your credit card.

• Thumbs Up 2