IGNORED

Anyone Watching the Match (2024) — Zhang, Thompson, Homa, McIlroy?

iacas

• Administrator

Anyone watching? It's tonight.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Anyone Watching the Match (2024) — Zhang, Thompson, Homa, McIlroy?

Yeah I'll probably have it on, I enjoy watching all of those players play.

I heard the format is skins so that will be interesting, I would have preferred a 2v2 scramble/best ball of one guy and one girl per team.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

2 hours ago, klineka said:

Yeah I'll probably have it on, I enjoy watching all of those players play.

I heard the format is skins so that will be interesting, I would have preferred a 2v2 scramble/best ball of one guy and one girl per team.

I like the idea of skins. 

I wonder why only 12 holes. 

They are playing for charity. I would think more holes = more skins = more charity dollars. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I like the idea of skins. 

I wonder why only 12 holes. 

They are playing for charity. I would think more holes = more skins = more charity dollars. 

Because 18 holes is a long time and people might get bored?

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Watching Rory's ball flight in the night light against the black sky is an absolute treat. Especially off the driver. He is like a high schooler beating on 3rd graders lol.

Would have loved to see Nelly or Min Jee play instead of Lexi. She hits enough squirly shots to make a 7 handicapper squirm. 

Have to say I'm enjoying the telecast. Would love to see more night golf. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

1 minute ago, GolfLug said:

Watching Rory's ball flight in the night light against the black sky is an absolute treat. Especially off the driver. He is like a high schooler beating on 3rd graders lol.

Would have loved to see Nelly or Min Jee play instead of Lexi. She hits enough squirly shots to make a 7 handicapper squirm. 

Have to say I'm enjoying the telecast. Would love to see more night golf. 

I agree, it seems Rory is sorry he is winning.  

I believe Lexi was chosen because she has played against the guys and seems to have a good banter with everyone.   Nelly or Min Jee would probably have been a good match to see also.

I too am enjoying watching the match

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I watched it. It was fun to see night golf. I liked the banter between the players and announcers. It was relaxed and fun to watch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I watched it early this morning.

I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was my favorite of the "The Matches" so far.
Perhaps, because of it including the ladies, perhaps because of night golf. But I found it really entertaining. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I watched it early this morning.

I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was my favorite of the "The Matches" so far.
Perhaps, because of it including the ladies, perhaps because of night golf. But I found it really entertaining. 

I concur. I enjoyed it last night. It dragged on a bit, and I wish they'd have let the players talk a little bit more.

But overall… it was enjoyable.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm about half way through watching the replay on MAX. It's a bit slow and feels like a high ads:golf ratio. In spite of that I'm enjoying it as casual, entertaining, golf product that I can watch on my iPad while I make dinner or fold laundry. Night golf is cool on TV. I was shocked to hear how many of The Match events have been played so far, I guess I haven't been paying attention to these.

Lexi surprised me - Not really knowing anything about her, I perceived her as a bit of a dial tone personality, but she came across as fun in this setting.

Being in the Bay Area about a mile from UC Berkeley, I am enjoying Max and Rose's Cal/Stanford banter.

DJ Khaled - I don't find him entertaining at all. not sure what he brings to this.

I think they need an entertaining crew on the course with the players to fill the natural silences and supplement the commentators in the booth. Maybe one current/former player or caddie, who can set up the shot someone is about to hit. I heard that JT was good in the one he did, but I didn't watch it.

I think one hole of Mario Golf style speed golf, would be a cool challenge - bonus money for the first person to hole out.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

11 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Lexi surprised me - Not really knowing anything about her, I perceived her as a bit of a dial tone personality, but she came across as fun in this setting.

I think she's mostly like this only with the media. From what people say, she's great with fans and on the course generally. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, Darkfrog said:

I'm about half way through watching the replay on MAX. It's a bit slow and feels like a high ads:golf ratio. 

Maybe it was different since I watched on TNT, but in the 9 holes I watched I thought they did a good job of limiting the commercials especially since there were only 4 balls in play.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV