IGNORED

I Believe...

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 5857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

• Administrator
Here are the rules for this thread.

1) NO RESPONSES or quoting of anyone else. None.

2) Each sentence must start with "I believe...".

3) DO NOT give reputation (positive or negative) based on whether you agree or disagree with what someone believes. If I find out that you've done so (and someone complaining about it will alert me pretty quickly), YOU will find yourself lacking some reputation points. You can reward people for being funny, or things like that, but do not do anything simply because you agree or disagree.

4) Keep it to golf, please.

The intent here is to allow you to say things that you believe (or "know") to be true without fear of repercussion. This is an experiment and I may close the thread at any time if it's not going well.

I'll start.

I believe… that the ball starts on the line of the club path and curves based on the face angle relative to that path (for all clubs below a certain loft and within a reasonable amount of difference in path/angle).

I believe… that the best putting stroke is an arc stroke, and that even Dave Pelz has realized this and given up pushing his goofy square system.

I believe… that slow play is perhaps the single biggest problem we face in golf these days.

I believe… that the ball does not go too far, and that we've hit a plateau in terms of how far equipment (big drivers, longer lighter shafts, "new" ball) will take us. It's all up to the golfers now.

I believe… Augusta doesn't have half the charm it used to have only eight to ten years ago.

I believe… Tiger is the greatest player we'll ever see (most of us, anyway).

I believe… golfers should accept "less than perfect" conditions for the good of the game. Brown is not dead, after all.

I believe… in playing by the rules, 100% of the time. "Integrity is what you do when nobody's looking."

I believe… in not engaging in gamesmanship, but also in having a good ol' sarcastic, trash talkin' time with your good buddies in a friendly match.

I believe… that one of the greatest satisfactions I've gotten from golf is that I've done everything without a single lesson. I'm self-taught.

I believe… that had I gotten lessons, I'd have gotten better much more quickly.

I believe… that not everyone has the mentality that I do and derives as much satisfaction from doing it himself, which is why I recommend to nearly everyone else that they get lessons as early in their golf career as possible to learn the fundamentals.

I believe… Josefin Nordegren wonders from time to time why Tiger chose her sister over her.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I believe... that too many golfers lie about thier game.

I believe... that it is quite stupid to do so.

I believe... that golf should be played walking... period.

I believe... that it would cut down on the people who play and return it to a gentlemens game.

I believe... that Tiger will win his first tourney when returning to golf

I believe... that Pro V1's are not the best ball in golf

I believe.....That slow play isn't the problem that the USGA makes it out to be.

I believe.....Most people would rather courses put an extra 5-10 minute buffer between foursomes.

Driver: Β Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid: Β Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons: Β Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge: Β Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge: Β Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge: Β Cleveland 588 RTGPutter: Β OdysseyBall: Β Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag: Β Generic

I believe… the Detroit Red Wings will walk away with old Stanley this year.

I believe… the U.S. will finally win a Ryder Cup this year and Tiger and Phil will step it up.

I believe… nothing beats a good golf trip!

I believe… too many courses have mandatory cart policies when it's truly not necessary.

I believe… we are pretty much capped out as far as distance goes, only the stronger will go longer from here.

I believe… the worst type of person or group to get paired up with is those who have no etiquette

I believe… Big Break Ka'anapali would have more viewers if the losing golfer was required to undress and then walk from the course nude (and this part of the show would be the last 10 minutes).

I believe… if the above comment became true, everyone would root for Lori (the *itch) to win.

I believe… in playing the ball down and following the rules.

I believe… my Adams Idea Pro irons are the best looking irons on the market today.

I believe… someone will eventually break the rules on this thread.

I believe… whichever of the three wins the presidential race... they will be one of the worst!

I believe… the US is going to face a recession like nothing any of us have ever experienced... double digit unemployment, banks might fail, etc.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5Β° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14Β° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18Β°) & 3h(20Β°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52Β°-10Β° & 58Β°-10Β°; Odyssey...

I believe... That a redneck in a sleeveless t-shirt golfing at the city park yelling "Get-er done" after hitting a drive only to watch it sail slicing into the deep dark woods is one of the funniest things ever.

I believe... A hybrid 3 iron would help my ball striking but kill my ego.

I believe... 3 irons were sent by the devil to induce swearing, club throwing, and many other unwholesome golf course behaviors.

I believe... Telling your father to "Hit the ball, Sarah" after he shorts a putt may mean you get to beg to get back in the truck after the round.

I believe... no matter how many times you tell yourself to turn over your hands to square the clubface at impact that sucker is still going right unless you actually do it.

I believe... in never having your signifigant other keep your score card. There are only so many times you can hear "Im tired of writing 5... get some 4's" before wanting to drive the cart right off that cliff over there.

In the Ogio stand bag

909 D2 w/ VooDoo S
15.5* 906F4 w/ Aldila VS Proto 80S
3DX DC 3 HybridFP 4-GW56* and 60* Vokey SM wedgeSophia putter

I believe... B Jones could beat us all with Hickory Sticks and it isn't the arrow it's the Indian and all this Club Hype is used to sell more clubs.

I believe.... so much of slow play is due to people on the greens not ready to putt and not putting their clubs/bags in correct position to leave the green.

I believe....balls starting left or right of target are swing path orieneted and the curvature of the ball is club face oriented so you know instantly if you came over the top or inside based on where the ball flight started.

I believe... High handicapers try to hit the ball with their arms and hands too much.

I believe... too many players try to give other players advise. This holds true for high handicappers as well as the low handicappers.

I believe... most of this advise is useless. I'm with Erik, get your fundamentals taught to you from a pro, then learn the rest of the game on your own. You'll enjoy the success more when it's your time.

I believe... that it's not quite my time to succeed in golf. I'm close...just not there yet.

I believe... I will still win the Club Championship this year.

I believe... putting is the key to success in this game. I stink at it, therefore I don't succeed

I believe... I need to get to work
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

I Believe.... Improving your game from 100 yards and in is the quickest way to lower your score

I Believe.... Playing a match with your friends makes it easier to focus than just messing around on the course.

I Believe.... Playing a match with your friends forces everybody to play by the rules.

I Believe.... Shooting for targets at the range has improved my practice time and ball striking.

I Believe.... Grass ranges give the best feedback, but hitting balls off matts at a driving range is better than not hitting any balls at all.

I Believe.... Half my practice time at a range should be spent with my 52, 56 or 60 degree wedge in hand.

I Believe.... There are hundreds of ways to hit a golf ball well, none of them perfect, but any method done consistently can work.

I Believe.... Jean shorts, sneakers and a pull cart does NOT qualify as proper golf attire (little joke for those who have played the NYC Public Courses)

I Believe.... That you should never take a day at the course for granted. It is easy to do if you play everyday, but once you hit the working world, you will understand.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

I believe... That I like this thread.

I believe... That I would rather be playing golf than on the internet typing about it.

I believe... That this will be my best season on the course. I will set personal bests.

I believe... That my wife and I will win our league championship this year.

I believe... That golf is the greatest sport in the world.

I believe... That Tiger will add to his collection of majors two times this year.

I believe... The toughest distance in golf is the space between my ears.

I believe... That I need to spend more time with my kids. Hopefully on a golf course.

I believe... That the hardest thing to do in life is quietly have diarrhea in a public restroom (Sorry, it's a Blue Collar Comedy thing.)
Driver: 9.5Β° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.Β° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0Β° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0Β° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58Β° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I believe... that the wrong pro/lesson can hurt your game a lot more than the right pro/lesson can.

I believe... that a good golfer researches their own swing and teaches themselves the right and wrong things to do.

I believe... that there is too much pressure on golf course superintendents to make the course Augusta-green, damaging the environment around the course and its players and natural inhabitants.

I believe... that I play better walking than riding the cart.
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5Β° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5Β° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52Β°10, 56Β°14, 60Β°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

I believe 90% of people on this forum do not hit it as far as they tell us
I believe Being a low handicap has little to do with how well you strike the ball
I believe Sex on the golf course is rewarding
I believe I just got accepted in to a golf college after an interview today
I believe Psyching out an opponent in match play is a good thing
I believe The Ryder Cup will be close again, and the Americans should learn from
their arrogance leading up to Ryder Cups
I believe You will see my name on European Tour leader boards within the next
6 years

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I believe I'm going to get to single digit ( < 10 ) by Oct 1.
I believe it's going to be a lot of fun.
I believe it's going to be a lot of work.
I believe it's going to happen by focusing on short game, mental game, and course management.

I believe someone will say this if I don't:
I believe I'll have another drink.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I believe... match play is better than stroke play
I believe... ride or walk you can play golf, lets not limit it
I believe... a proper set up cures most of your swing ailments
I believe... i can fly
I believe... there should be more variations in pga tour course set ups

I believe... Wolverine believing he can fly made me laugh out loud right at my cubicle.

I believe... Technology has helped getting the right equipment for everyone much more accessible, yet not enough people take advantage.

I believe... I would marry Natalie Gulbis tomorrow if she asked

I believe... Golf is challenging and inspiring, having goals and problems to work out make it even better

I believe... The Titleist AP1/AP2 iron set is the most hyped new technology since the original Big Bertha

I believe... Adam Scott has tendencies to stiff up when winning is iminent

I believe... Adam Scott will win a major very, very soon

I believe... Sergio Garcia will be a major disappointment all season, until the Ryder Cup and he'll dominate inexplicably again

I believe... Living in South Dakota is torture on the golf enthusiasts among us

I believe... Wolverine can fly
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I believe most mistakes in a golf shot are made before the swing

I believe slow play on public courses is inarguably epidemic.

I believe my friend said it best, with: "Golf isn't easy, but it is simple."

I believe most amateurs don't have any idea what's really wrong with their swing or what the objective of the swing/shot actually is.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

I believe Just when you think you have cracked it you will have a stinker
I believe When your looking for your ball in the rough it will be 20 yards behind you
I believe Just because it works for you it dosnt mean it will work for me
I believe A bogie always follows a birdie
I believe A demo club is always brilliant,till you pay for it
I believe Your best putt of the round will be for an 8
I believe When your game has gone to pot the worst player you know will tell you why
I believe After a night on the beer and a curry you will fart on the first tee

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

I believe....Iacas came up with a good idea for a thread...Thanks

I believe.... in less carts and more caddies

I believe....that there are too many golf tips and swing gadgets floating around

I believe....that instruction from a properly trained professional for most golfers would have far reaching effects on the game of golf (better competition, faster play, less "golf tip" magazines, etc.)

I believe...that too many "duffers" has created a marketing frenzy for the manufacturers who sell clubs catering to bad swings (closed and offset clubfaces, etc.) and less choice for those who are better or aspiring golfers.

I believe...there should be more match play on the pga tour

I believe....in fast greens

I believe....I'll come back later when I think of something else!!

Β 

I believe... that there is too much running after reputation points and rep power on the forum of late.
I believe... that i will be single digits this year.
I believe... i will hit one over 275 this month with some help from roll and the wind.
I believe... talking golf is more addictive than playing golf..(that includes time spent on forums)
I believe... competitive team golf is a good marketing proposition.
I believe... my son ( all of three months old today ) will beat me at a round of golf by the time he is ten years old.
I believe... a good short game will get you into a scramble. for everything else you need to get off the tee well.
I know ... Tiger is the best there will ever be.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Note:Β This thread is 5857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!