IGNORED

New Pete Dye Course : Pound Ridge Golf Club

Note: This thread is 5428 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I cannot wait for this club to open!

Nice. There's a serious shortage of good daily fee courses within an hour from NYC. I'm sure weekend fees will be in the neighborhood of $125 or higher.

Greens fees are $235. Way to go Pound Ridge

WITB:
G-10 10.5* Accra T-50 M3
G-10 17.5* 4W Accra T-50 M3
Burner Rescue 19*
Burner Rescue 22* G-10 5 - PW CG 10 GW 52* 588 DSG RTG SW 56* 588 DSG RTG LW 60*Byron Morgan - 007 Captain Morgan 33" Sound Slot, Sight Dot

Head it directly from the club themselves.

WITB:
G-10 10.5* Accra T-50 M3
G-10 17.5* 4W Accra T-50 M3
Burner Rescue 19*
Burner Rescue 22* G-10 5 - PW CG 10 GW 52* 588 DSG RTG SW 56* 588 DSG RTG LW 60*Byron Morgan - 007 Captain Morgan 33" Sound Slot, Sight Dot

$235.00...Figures living in Westchester County. BS
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

they haven't posted anything on their site but i guess that's correct then.

is there anyway of joining the club to get a discount? wow..235 a pop is stupid expensive. nobody in their right mind would do that.

Yeah for 235 I would rather take last years driver and a couple sleeves of pro v's

In My Edge Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw
3-Wood: Burner
3h,4h: Idea A2
Irons: 5-PW Idea A2Wedges: X-Tour 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XGBall: OPB (Other People's Balls)

• 2 weeks later...
Just got this by email:

We are pleased to announce that on Saturday May 24, 2008 Pound Ridge Golf Club will start taking tee time reservations through our on-line booking system.

The on-line tee sheet will allow golf reservations for dates starting July 14th and continuing to the end of October 2008.

Our golfing rates for weekdays and weekends will be $235 per person including golf or pull cart, and complimentary use of our practice facilities.

Twilight rates will be $175 per person and will start at 4:00pm EST from July 14th till the end of August, and 3:00pm beginning in September.

Please go to our web site ( www.poundridgegolf.com/bookgolf ) to book your tee time.

The staff at Pound Ridge Golf Club can answer any questions you may have about booking a tee time by calling 1-914-764-5771 between the hours of 10:00am and 4:00pm EST.

Rob Tyska

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i got the same email...

lol. who, seriously, is going to pay $235 for a round at pound ridge? anyone with that kind of cash is going to already be a member at an exclusive country club.

That's the market they're looking for. They don't want to do 40,000 rounds a year. I heard their goal for this year is only 10,000 rounds. They expect it to be a destination course, one people will travel to play. I figure it will be a place I play once or twice a year. I'll probably wait until September to play it for the first time.

Rob Tyska

Was looking at tee times today. They are mostly sold out for opening day and the first weekend. Even had some times sold in September where I was checking. Don't like the fact that they charge your credit card for 20% of the greens fee ($47) at the time of booking. So the guy booking for his group gets hit for everyone ($188 per foursome). Cancellation policy is 5 days in advance and that have some pretty strict language about not necessarily closing for rain.

Rob Tyska

wow..235 a pop is stupid expensive.

Welcome to New York, where stupid expensive is a way of life.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Amen. Just looked at some houses in Pinehurst, NC. The hovel of an apartment I own can buy a gigantic house down here. Heck, a quarter of my apartment (my living room) can buy a really nice house.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 4 weeks later...
Here are a few stories about the course and its greens fee. The media and invited guests got to play the course yesterday and someone had a hole-in-one.
http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...=2008806240362
http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...=2008806250368
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/sports/ci_9688562

Rob Tyska

That's what I was thinking. I'm sure the place will keep busy. Not everyone wants to spend big money to be a member of a golf factory. I heard Winged Foot has 1100 members. That is insanity.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

• Administrator
That's what I was thinking. I'm sure the place will keep busy. Not everyone wants to spend big money to be a member of a golf factory. I heard Winged Foot has 1100 members. That is insanity.

They have two golf courses, and a LOT of their members aren't even within 300 miles of the course half the time.

I'd hardly call that a "golf factory."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5428 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!