IGNORED

How Far Do You Drive?

bogeyhitter25
Note: This thread is 4741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Carry distance is the better question. About 250 for me. Not a lot roll in the wet months here in New England.

Was down in FL last week. FL is extremely dry right now (some 80+ wild fires around the state as evidence). Had to chuckle at some of the distances where my ball would come to rest after hitting those very hard, fast fairways. A good 40-50+ yards of roll. My natural shot is a high draw which allowed for a HUGE first bounce on the fairway. Made a 6800 yard course feel 500 yards shorter.

To increase my driving distance I know what I need to do...move to a warm, dry place.

To increase my driving distance I know what I need to do...move to a warm, dry place.

It's amazing the difference that will make, I used to live at the beach.. Sea level very heavy salt air, then went to my moms place, about 80 average temp during the day, and 1500 feet or so... Big difference.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

Average 240 with carry plus roll in my neck of the woods. Every now and then I get a little extra and get it out there 270, but that's rare.

My disances are spot on after measuring them with known distances. I absolutely LOVE playing with people who claim to launch it out there 300+ on every drive. They end up 20 yards ahead of me, and I know I'm not putting it out there 280+ when they hit it.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16: 260-270

I measured all of my drives on the front 9 last game and my lowest was 256.

Cool story: I was at my friends the other day, and he lives by the river, everyone was trying to clear the river and I was the only one who did. Numerous times, Dont know how far it was, but it looked like a loong way. Almost hit a house on the other side.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Well about 21 miles to work, 4 miles to the local store. And this weekend 750 miles to the greatest spectacle in racing. And I can walk across the street to the course. But honestly about 255-265 avg carry. and very little roll if any. Lately though it has been 190 out and a snap to the left. Think I cured it today though realized my backswing was about 600 miles long!

What's in my bag?
Driver Rapture 9.0* Oban Devotion 75G.
5 wood 904F
Hybrid Rapture 21*
Irons MP-60'SWedges Vokey SM 58 oil can. 54* TOUR-W, Solus 51*Putter Squareback You have to go out, but you don't have to come back.

I avg around 280.. but i can spped things up if need be.

In my freestyle
DRIVER FT-3 Neutral; Pro Force V2
WOODS MP 50 15*; Aldila NV
IRONS CG Red; Rifle Project X 6.0
WEDGES Spin Milled Oil Can 54*, 60* 64* Mac Daddy Grooves; Rifle SpinnerPUTTER iSeries 1/2 Craze; 32"BALL B-330 S

I wonder... what criteria do people use when determining their driving distance?

- Include roll?
- Type of ball?
- Range or Course?
- Hard/soft ground?
- Wind speed and heading?
- Average or top?
- Include bad shots?

I only started playing golf about three months ago and while practicing I spend quite some time watching other people on the range. I try to pick up the various swing mechanics and see what effect it has on the ball flight. I noticed that not many people manage to carry it over the 200 yard and only rarely do I see someone carry it over 220.

Now, I spend most of my time with the PW trying to get a consistent swing and am slowly moving my way down the irons. Finally, I purchased my first ever driver Thursday last week and hit maybe 100 balls total so far with it. I think my longest straight drive landed near the 175y marker, but rolled for at least 40y on the rock hard ground. This is on a driving range into
Now, If I disregard the bad shots, add the 25% exaggeration factor and the 40y roll, does that mean I can claim 258y?

I'm a pretty consistent 270-280 yard hitter (including roll), on a nice hot day I can put one or two at 300 yards but it doesn't happen very often. I'm 17.

Tour Burner 10.5 Stiff
Burner 3/4 Hybrids
Burner 5-AW S-Flex
C-Grooved Marilyn
Ozone Stand Bag

Further than you can imagine.
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Im not really too sure, but i know I hit a 278 par 4 in one with a driver over the weekend. Im assuming between 270 and 280 is my average drive with roll. I know for sure I carry it at least 245 because a hole I used to play in south jersey required that carry to get over a pond.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I can often get it over 300yds if I really put some muscle into it, but that usually takes away my accuracy.

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

I can often get it over 300yds if I really put some muscle into it, but that usually takes away my accuracy.

hmmm.....

In My Bag

• Administrator

Anywhere from 2.8 to 22 miles to the two golf courses listed in my signature.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

^ Har har har.

I used to drive 230-240 with roll.

Now, it's awful. Last weekend, not a single one of my drives went past 150 yards. They went 150 yards and 100 yards right. :(

I'm going to nip this problem in the bud as soon as possible. I'm pretty sure it's the over the top swing problem.
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

hmmm.....

Care to elaborate on your comment? lol

I thought this was assumed, but apparently not, my drives over 300 include carry AND roll.

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

Care to elaborate on your comment? lol

Actually yes, your correct. I can see it happening.

As long as you didn't put "consistently hit it over 300"
In My Bag

250 or 275. 300 on maybe 2 occasions.

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

Note: This thread is 4741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!