IGNORED

What does your CLOTHING say about you?

Note: This thread is 5817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Half the fun of golf is that you are premitted to wear clothes you wouldn't dare wear anywhere else. White shoes, white belt, green slacks, argyle vest. These days the fashions are more conservative, but styling on the course is part of the game, always has been. At the very least everyone can at least look good, if not play good.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear shorts 100% of the time..unless it's just too cold. Polo shirt usually on top with a baseball type golf cap. I try to get some unique shorts if I can.

I don't care what I wear. As long as it isn't too constricting. Most often it's just a t-shirt with shorts, jeans and a wind breaker if it's cold outside. In other words, the same way the $20 hack weekend golfer looks like.

I've found that nine out of ten guys who look really good, professionally dressed with shiny new clubs and balls can't golf worth a ****. They'll act like a big shot, try to give me all sorts of pointers and stuff, then challenge me to a bet, and I'll make a lot of money.

I don't look good on paper but I'd probably take down 95 out of 100 people who play out there without a struggle. (I hope I didn't sound cocky that way...heh... but it's sadly true. And I'm not even good.)
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

That's how much looks affect me.

IMO: You seem to have a serious image problem with how worked up you got imagining me walking around a course somewhere dressed in a way that you consider 'un-presentable, lame, goofy, or trashy'. Sorry to hear that the way people dress is that much more important to you than how they golf or what kind of a person they are. Seriously, I hope you can learn to look past it. The nicest, most helpful guy at my course dresses as casually as I do and has a big, bushy beard to boot. I wear what I described on the course because it's what I wear off the course. When I'm not in my (neatly kept) military uniform I dress comfy, because I have no need to try and impress anyone. I let my actions speak for me rather than my looks. If, at some point in the future, I decide to play a course with a strict dress code, of course I'll be aware of it before hand, and oblige. But on my home course, at which I'm a paying member, and where the dress code simply states 'no tank tops or cut-off tees' I'm not going to spend money to dress up like the IZOD guy to impress the other members. I'd rather spend that money on lessons to impress myself with personal improvements. Golf can and SHOULD be an everyman's game. I understand that there is a tradition of wearing certain items of clothing, but you should be happy that golf has had a new surge of popularity in recent years. I'm also glad to read that many other users on this board don't stick to the stereotypical golf uniform.

Lets see, I wear black or tan pants, then an adidas or under armour shirt (I have like 7 black, black, blue, red, navy, white, white), a white or black PING hat, and either white/brown/black Nike shoes, or all black Callaway's. I like to dress like tour pros, makes the adults not think I'm a junior who screws around, and think that I'm serious.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

all j lindeberg for me

LOL, It takes guts to wear that! Do you reside in Europe? I drew the line at wearing all j lindeberg, why . . . because it puts too much pressure on to play scratch golf, people will look at you like you're a total golf freak. Maybe some day, they make great golf clothes. You can look like some kind of astronaut walking on the moon.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

I try to look good on the course...Atleast better than what I score,for sure.

Driver- HiBore XL 9.5°
Hybrids- #3,#4 and #5
Irons- RAC CB/MB combo
Wedge- Vokey 52° Oil Can
56° CG-1060° CG-10Putter- CorzaBall-Bag- '08 Monaco

cargo shorts, collared shirt, black/white/red adidas shoes, and a Kentucky titleist hat. always.

In the Ogio stand bag

909 D2 w/ VooDoo S
15.5* 906F4 w/ Aldila VS Proto 80S
3DX DC 3 HybridFP 4-GW56* and 60* Vokey SM wedgeSophia putter

lol...i know what my clothes say aobut me...
1) this guy has to have good equipment, because his clothes are sh*t! LOL
2) I gues he likes black!
3) never seen anyone dress with his hat as the center piece of his clothes! LOL
4) what year did you last go shopping..

Funny, my said to me.. you need new clothes, and I told her..."until I'm down to 2 golf shirts, then we can goto good will" Call me cheap, call me what ever, if my stuff is comfortable why should I buy new ones..

Pete

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

I ALWAYS wear pants... for some reason, and I can't really explain why, I have this strong feeling that I just have to wear pants because its what is done on tour. This is definately strange but I can't ever bring myself to wear shorts, even when its a massive heat wave. Granted I wear the nicest microfiber golf pants I can find....

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I prefer cargo shorts and a polo with my white footjoys. I might wear a t-shirt if its really hot, and if you have a problem with that tough shit this isn't the PGA tour.

Titleist visor….no matter what (kind of a compulsive thing).

Under Armor compression shirt under a fitted polo shirt and Kakis during the cold months (remove the UA shirt for warm days). Shorts anytime it is above 55 degrees. Black footies and black shoes. Pretty much what I wear everyday anyway (except the visor).

What does that say about me?
I guess first and foremost it says I take pride in showing my course and my fellow playing partners the respect the game deserves.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

What does your clothing say about you?

Clothing: Proper golf attire: collared golf shirt tucked in, nice slacks or proper golf shorts, looking sharp.
What it says: I take pride in my appearance. I respect the game of golf and my playing partners and I understand a golf course is a place that should be respected enough to dress up a little.

Clothing: Tee shirts, jeans, tank tops, sweats, baggy clothing, gym clothes.
What it says: I don't care about my appearance. I don't respect my partners or the game of golf enough to present myself properly or respectfully on the golf course. And it probably also says I am not a very good golfer.

Its not too much to ask people to look presentable on a golf course. Golf is a gentleman's game and a game of honor. Gentleman and honorable people should dress accordingly.

The only reason I would ever want to join a private club would be to play somewhere with a dress code. I could care less how well someone plays golf, I will play with anyone. But please if you want to play golf with me, look presentable.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ALWAYS wear a collared shirt on the golf course.
NEVER wear jeans or jean shorts on a golf course.

Respect the game of golf.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

My clothing says that I am one shower away from looking like a homeless person.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

For those bragging about wearing jeans and no collars, do you ever play nice courses? The vast majority of respectable courses won't let you out of the clubhouse if you are wearing jeans or lacking a collar.

I had a couple friends show up at another friends course last year wearing cargo shorts. The starter made them go to the pro shop and buy new pants or shorts, no cargos allowed. If they didn't like it, fine, go play the local muni dog track down the road.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Amen. My wife tells me I'm pompous when I leave for the course looking like Sergio, but when I was a kid I wanted to look like Gary Carter when I played baseball and Mark Bavaro when I played football.

Bottom line, looking good breeds confidence, and Lord knows I need all the confidence I can get.

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

and the baseball hat of whichever travel course/resort I last dropped some dough at.

Wouldn't that be a Golf hat then? ;)

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Note: This thread is 5817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!