IGNORED

Table Tennis (Ping Pong, the Sport Version)

bogeyhitter25
Note: This thread is 2744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

37 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yep.

Now, begin calling them "bats."

Ha.  noted.  One of the YouTube channels I've been learning from is a couple of Australian fellows and I noticed they call them bats as well. :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Ha.  noted.  One of the YouTube channels I've been learning from is a couple of Australian fellows and I noticed they call them bats as well. :)

Ah, PingSkills. Alois and Jeff. Good guys. They have a copy of Analyzr.

BTW, here are my two blades…

20151118-DSC_2238.jpg20151118-DSC_2241.jpg20151118-DSC_2248.jpg20151118-DSC_2255.jpg

Basically identical compositions, but one has an anatomic handle and the other is just flared.

Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 11.09.33 PM.png

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

Ah, PingSkills. Alois and Jeff. Good guys. They have a copy of Analyzr.

BTW, here are my two blades…

20151118-DSC_2238.jpg20151118-DSC_2241.jpg20151118-DSC_2248.jpg20151118-DSC_2255.jpg

Basically identical compositions, but one has an anatomic handle and the other is just flared.

Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 11.09.33 PM.png

Yes, pingskills!  That's the one.  I've just been trying to get the forehand and backhand counter hits - which they make look soooo easy. (Psst - it's not) :)

• Administrator
Just now, Golfingdad said:

Yes, pingskills!  That's the one.  I've just been trying to get the forehand and backhand counter hits - which they make look soooo easy. (Psst - it's not) :)

Those are very easy.

Until you aren't just waiting in the same spot expecting the same spin every time… ;-)

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

Trick shots video:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

37 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Trick shots video:

Those are great - and hilarious!  I'm most impressed by the bowling one with two balls at 0:25.  Would like to know how many tries that one took. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Quick rules question for @iacas or @nevets88 (or any other players out there).  I'm reading about lets and one of the rules say:

"in singles leaves the receiver’s court after touching it by either of its sidelines."

A few questions, actually.  First of all, is this talking about a serve or any shot?  It's not clear.  The section of the rules only starts with "The rally shall be a let..." so it's kind of vague.

Secondly, the dangli-ness of the participle is throwing me as well.  Does the "by either of its sidelines" phrase refer to where the ball is leaving the court, or where the ball is touching the court?

The way I am currently reading this is that it's talking about a serve and that the ball has to sort of act like a football and break the plane of the goal line while it's in bounds for it to be a legitimate serve.

These rules are almost as confusing as golf rules. ;)

• Administrator
On 10/10/2016 at 4:26 PM, Golfingdad said:

Quick rules question for @iacas or @nevets88 (or any other players out there).  I'm reading about lets and one of the rules say:

"in singles leaves the receiver’s court after touching it by either of its sidelines."

A few questions, actually.  First of all, is this talking about a serve or any shot?  It's not clear.  The section of the rules only starts with "The rally shall be a let..." so it's kind of vague.

Secondly, the dangli-ness of the participle is throwing me as well.  Does the "by either of its sidelines" phrase refer to where the ball is leaving the court, or where the ball is touching the court?

The way I am currently reading this is that it's talking about a serve and that the ball has to sort of act like a football and break the plane of the goal line while it's in bounds for it to be a legitimate serve.

These rules are almost as confusing as golf rules. ;)

I believe the serve basically has to exit over the end line…

… if you're playing in a wheelchair game.

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 6.38.44 PM.png

Notice that 2.09.01.05 is the "wheelchair" part, and then .01, .02, and .03 come underneath that.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, iacas said:

too funny

A serve that does not reach the end of the table is recommended.   It is harder to return.  

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

28 minutes ago, iacas said:

I believe the serve basically has to exit over the end line…

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 6.38.44 PM.png

Notice that 2.09.01.05 is the "wheelchair" part, and then .01, .02, and .03 come underneath that.

Oh, thank you ... I did not notice the .01, .02 on those.  It also clears up why the sentence didn't make any sense when I put it together.

"The rally shall be a let in singles leaves the receiver's court ..."  :-P

Note: This thread is 2744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!