IGNORED

Favorite type of shot!

Megaman8

Note: This thread is 4836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is your favorite type of shot?

• Driving
    • Long Irons
    • Short Irons
    • Pitching
    • Chipping
    • Putting

My favourite shot is always when I get to hit my driver. I do really enjoy my driver and I often do okay with it, at least good enough to keep me coming back.

My most consistent shot though is full swing with the short irons, especially the 9 and the pitching wedge. They almost never go wrong and I've been getting pretty actuate with them. I would say that is the shot I'm most comfortable with, so that is what I voted for.

Oh yeah, the first tee during competition, I hate those too.

my favorite shots are long iron approaches for sure. There's nothing like piercing a three iron or four iron and sticking it within ten feet. Granted, those great shots are few and far between, but thats why I like them the most.

I'm in the same boat, hate the 1st tee......

I've topped shots off of the first tee.

It's horrible. I'll still shoot mid 70's. Only if I didn't do that, ****ing first tee. Anyway, I also have started to love putting. Last month, I went from 38-40 putts to around 30.

Easily putting. I love the green. I rarely 3 putt (maybe once a round) and a VAST majority of my strokes are from tee to green. I hate my driver and SW. I am seriously thinking of having an exorcism done on both.

I voted pitch shots, many different shots....., High, low, bump and run, hop and stop, etc... I feel I can never practice them enough, plus it's fun practice.

Detest....Long irons, except maybe a 4 iron off the tee.

I voted short irons, but i specifically love those low punch-type chip shots, and then if you do it right they check up. I love pitching the ball nice and low.

I voted Driving. Until lately, I have been extremely consistent with my Driver. I used to average about 280 off the tee, but took a bit of a break from the game for school reasons, now I average about 260, but I still believe I can be as accurate with my driver as anyone's three wood.

I selected "Driving" and "Long irons" because my favorite shot (read: one I screw up the least on) is a 2 iron off the tee, especially on a tight driving hole when a longer club could go God knows where into some serious trouble.

The driver itself, while there's nothing quite like hitting a ball 300+ down the middle with a little draw, there's also nothing quite like ruining your entire day, score-wise, before you even get a ball in play.

And I don't trust the 2 iron off the grass. Just off the tee for me.

I voted pitch shots, many different shots....., High, low, bump and run, hop and stop, etc... I feel I can never practice them enough, plus it's fun practice.

I'm with you. In those dreary winters around here, I almost never have the urge to swing a driver. I do get antsy about playing while watching the pros around the green on TV.

Sometimes I finish hitting balls, go to the short game area and stay there for two hours. I just love to put the ball in difficult lies / positions and practice hards shots. I also have a couple "bread and butter" shots I think I need to practice at least once a week. If they outlaw sand wedges, I'm quitting.

Note: This thread is 4836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.