IGNORED

My Swing (TinCupTampa)

TinCupTampa
Note: This thread is 5786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Feel free to add suggestions... critique, bash, etc. Thanks

This is the first time I have actually looked at my swing... I can already see some of my faults but if you can create a laundry list of to-do's for me I would appreciate it. Thanks

Target - http://www.swingacademy.com/swingana...l.aspx?id=1050

Front - http://www.swingacademy.com/swingana...l.aspx?id=1049

13 Wedges
1 Putter

Nice swing, looked nice and clean.

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

Feel free to add suggestions... critique, bash, etc. Thanks

A few setup adjustments may lead to significant improvements in your ball striking. I added my thoughts on your swings at the Swing Academy website. If you have any question about what I wrote let me know.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

A few setup adjustments may lead to significant improvements in your ball striking. I added my thoughts on your swings at the Swing Academy website. If you have any question about what I wrote let me know.

Thanks... much needed. I will put them to use and post a new swing in due time.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

Wow you and I have similar swings!

Looks like you have a slight chickenwing at the end. Do you tend to hit balls to the right? If so, I would try starting your downswing by throwing your hands at ball first, then let the body follow (instead of the other way around) That's what my instructor has me doing to fix mine and it's worked great.

Also in your front view, you have a bit of a sway and cock your wrists too early on the backswing. That leads to inconsistent contact. Especially the early wrist hinge. I was told when I do that, it creates a different swingplane almost everytime. So I've been working on letting the top of my backswing hinge my wrists automatically.

Just my observations and some things my instructor has been working on with me. Hope it helps a little.

overall i thought the swing was a very nice swing
Driver Taylormade r9 supertri *9.5
Hybrid Taylormade rescue burner 19 degree
Irons 2008 taylormade TP
Wedges Taylormade rac TP 52, 56, 60
Putter Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0 Studio StyleBall Bridgestone e6

You are trying to copy tiger's 1997 swing??? At the top your shaft is completely closed and then you have to swing it all out... Not a very consistent way to swing

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

You're coming back way inside. Like extremely inside. As you begin your takeaway, think "extension". What you're doing is a very common mistake that can be easily adjusted. If you get more extension on your back swing, it will help keep your club head and shaft in the "slot". Try to keep that clubhead low and going straight back for as far as you can.

The way I think about (and this may not work at all for you) is like a quarterback making a pitch. Imagine the QB under the center and about to take the snap. Now imagine him pitching the ball to the Tight End or the Wide Reciever. The QBs arms would go straight down the line to deliver the ball. Now imagine that same arm motion with a club in your hands. As you begin to take it away, get fully extended and "pitch" the club head as far down the line as your body will let you. This is the feeling of getting loaded.

Sorry if the football analogies dont work for you, but that's how I learned it.

Another thing to work on is keeping your lower body and head still. Imagine your club and arms rotating around your chest. Your lower body should stay relatively quite and your head should have virtually no movement. It should be more of a rotational sensation rather than a sliding rotation. Keep really straight and don't let the club fall past parallel and you should be fine.

Other than that, your swing is pretty functional. It has potential to be really good. Your ball position and hand position seemed fine. Your body position and hands at impact were good as well. Keep up the practice and consider the things I stated earlier and hopefully you will see improvements.
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

That is not a bad swing at all, a few little thing would really improve your consistency.

A little bit too collapsed at the top not too bad, little too much hip rotation on the back swing which is causing you to straighten your right knee. This usually does one of two things, make you hook the ball because then you go to bend your knee again it really drops your hand and you come way from the inside or it makes you release early and you come over the top making you slice , and did you play baseball? I ask because if you watch your front foot, the heel lifts up and then you rotate it inwards making your front foot basically toe out at impact, do you hit a fade/slice mostly?

The one main thing I would work on is keeping your right knee bend during the whole backswing. Imagine that you are trying to hold a basket ball between your knees during your backswing. It’s going to shorten your swing a little bit and you may lose some distance at first but when you learn how to use more of your legs you will get the distance back.

You may also want to try and take an 8i or even a small block of wood shaped like a doorstop and put it under your right foot so the outside part of your right foot is higher then the inside. Take some swings with it under your foot and pay close attention to what your leg and knee feel like when it is flexed at the top of your swing. Also how you can feel the weight and pressure on the ball of your right foot instead of it on the outside of your foot with a straight right leg and how much more power you can get because you have something to push against during your downswing.

These 2 tips should get you to rotate more at the waist and less at the hips, use your hips to pull your waist, which will pull your chest and finally your arms through the impact zone instead of the other way around.

You're coming back way inside. Like extremely inside. Another thing to work on is keeping your lower body and head still. Imagine your club and arms rotating around your chest. Your lower body should stay relatively quite and your head should have virtually no movement.

I started lining my club face somewhat open or at an angle to try and trick my mind into swinging into the ball at more of an angle instead of coming over the top. That is probably why my backswing comes to far inside. This is the first time I have ever seen my swing and I noticed alot of things that you pointed out. The big thing I noticed is the lack of release and coming across parallel at the top of the swing.

A little bit too collapsed at the top not too bad, little too much hip rotation on the back swing which is causing you to straighten your right knee. This usually does one of two things, make you hook the ball because then you go to bend your knee again it really drops your hand and you come way from the inside or it makes you release early and you come over the top making you slice , and did you play baseball? I ask because if you watch your front foot, the heel lifts up and then you rotate it inwards making your front foot basically toe out at impact, do you hit a fade/slice mostly?

Yeah, Ive been accused of pushing it from time to time...

. I have no idea how the baseball toe pointing thing started. Never even knew i did it. I need to come up with some contraption to keep my front foot from moving. It could be that my body is more used to a driver swing... (I point my left toe out a little) I was told it gives me more power.
You are trying to copy tiger's 1997 swing??? At the top your shaft is completely closed and then you have to swing it all out... Not a very consistent way to swing

No... dont even know what Tiger's 1997 swing looks like but thanks for the tip.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

Just a fore-warning, I wouldn't try to copy Tigers 1997 swing. Sure it won the Masters and he hit the ball a ton, but even he knew it wasn't a well rounded swing, thus he elected to go through a swing change.

If this is the first time you've ever seen your swing from a 3rd person perspective, then you're in good shape. Learn from the video and try to apply it to your game. Video can help you understand the components of the swing very well. Try to work on those things I pointed out and I promise you will see improvements.
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

Just a fore-warning, I wouldn't try to copy Tigers 1997 swing. Sure it won the Masters and he hit the ball a ton, but even he knew it wasn't a well rounded swing, thus he elected to go through a swing change.

Lol, I wish my swing sucked as bad as Tiger's '97 swing :P

looks a little unnatural to me. you don't really seem to be swinging through the line completely

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Analysis on the DTL video. Included is drills, enjoy!
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Note: This thread is 5786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!