IGNORED

Rocco made me eat some crow...

DavidFehertysBike
Note: This thread is 5809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He played well beyond my expectations, today. I thought Tiger was going to just freight train him. Rocco stared down one of the greatest athletes to ever live and nearly took him out. A better shot here or there, and he would have beaten Tiger. Kudos to him.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

He made an awesome effort. Staying head to head with the greatest golfer on earth is not something anybody could do. I'm sure any of the other top-10 golfers would have crumbled my hole 9.

Great game Rocco, congratulations...

He made an awesome effort. Staying head to head with the greatest golfer on earth is not something anybody could do. I'm sure any of the other top-10 golfers would have crumbled my hole 9.

He did seemingly crumble by hole 9 or 10, but he righted the ship over the next hour or so and made things interesting.

Rocco made me eat crow because I never expected him to make it to a playoff in the first place. I didn't trust his putting to hold up four rounds, but it did with the exception a couple here and there. He almost played well enough to win.......but almost doesn't count.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He played awesome, all up until that suddent death hole. On the bright side, he looked like he was really having fun out there.
-Kevin
In the Nike Pro Tour Combo Bag:
907 D2 9.5*
906F2 18* 5W
585H 21* 3 Hybrid 735.CM 4-PW 51.06 MP-T & 56.13 MP-T White Hot #1

Same thing as yesterday,he needed to birdie the par 5 18th

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

He's got a lot to be proud of!!!!!
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

The way he came back from the mid-round cock-up really impressed me. To claw back from three shots back showed fantastic character. It was a shame that the title was ultimately lost by a bogey rater than won with a birdie. Such an epic battle deserved teh very best - Rocc contributed heartily. Good on him.

He's a really good guy, and did a very good job, but he's getting way too much attention for "almost winning".
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

He's a really good guy, and did a very good job, but he's getting way too much attention for "almost winning".

That's not why he is getting the attention. He is getting it because he was the 154th rated guy who had to qualify into the Open and gave Tiger more of a run than the home course favorite, Phil. More of a run than I can remember from anyone - he hung with a guy ranked 153 spots ahead of him, in a Major (The Open no less) and did it with grace, affable charm and above all he was having FUN. That's why he is getting the attention.

Andrew

No, he clearly isn't. He has come so far. He was such an underdog. His swing isn't that great looking...he just doesn't look like a guy who could possibly win the U.S. Open at age 45 and he almost did.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

That's not why he is getting the attention. He is getting it because he was the 154th rated guy who had to qualify into the Open and gave Tiger more of a run than the home course favorite, Phil. More of a run than I can remember from anyone - he hung with a guy ranked 153 spots ahead of him, in a Major (The Open no less) and did it with grace, affable charm and above all he was having FUN. That's why he is getting the attention.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Seriously, it's Paul Goydos at the Player's. Sergio had a great victory, but the underdog came out of nowhere and almost won. Mediate Could only drive the ball like 270, and on the longest course in major history, Tiger needed not one, not two, but three chances to beat Mediate. Rocco actually had to give Tiger extra chances to win the Major. Plus you could tell he was extremely happy and having the time of his life. Did you see him applaud Tiger's shot on 18... Truly a stand up guy. I hope he gets 5 good minutes on PTI.

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

Rocco played much more consistently then Tiger did, and I like seeing Tiger win, but I wish Rocco got this one. He deserved it just as much as Tiger did IMO, but unfortunately played all of those holes only 1 stroke worse! Hmm, thats golf, it comes down to one shot.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

He played well beyond my expectations, today. I thought Tiger was going to just freight train him. Rocco stared down one of the greatest athletes to ever live and nearly took him out. A better shot here or there, and he would have beaten Tiger. Kudos to him.

I think Rocco was finally worn out on the 90th and the playoff hole.

His game looked that way He was pumped at the start, his arms and shoulders were way quicker than his hands and he left it right. Then he hit a precise draw for 12 or 13 holes. If he's anything like me, that draw turns into a hook when I'm worn down a little. The hands are quickest and... Well you saw where the ball went of 4 of his last five swings - left.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I applaud him. For golf being all about the "Tiger Show", it was nice to see what the game was really about : grace, dignity, class, and sportsmanship.

Rocco deserves his 15 minutes of fame.

10.5* Driver (don't really ever use it)
3w, 5w
23* hybrid
5i through PW, SW
60* Wedge.....................................................................mellojoe

Note: This thread is 5809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!