IGNORED

Rocco Has a new fan-me

InTheTwenties
Note: This thread is 5793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rocco's performance at the open, in my opinion was a class act. He has me as a new fan.

In a way, I think it was better that Rocco came in 2nd (I'm sure he would disagree), because if he had won, the story would be that Tiger somehow lost it. Lost focus etc.

Also, the addition of Tiger's injury would have lessened the Rocco victory. The NY press would probably have vilified Rocco; paint him to be an eccentric lapel collecting lucky Sunday golfer.

Great US open, and I'm glad I taped it. Excellent and classy play from both. It was almost like a movie. Hopefully someone will produce a dvd of The Open.

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

Count me in!

Watching Rocco play golf makes me happy. I wish I could look as happy as that doing just about anything. I was watching some of the highlights from the CVS charity tournament today and Rocco just looks like a man in his element. He may not have won the US Open but I think every person who watched that tournament came away with a newfound respect for what a competitor could be.

Tiger is 'the greatest' but in comparison to Rocco, he is like a tournament-winning robot - Rocco simply showed himself to be a humble, happy competitor. Guys like Rocco and Paul Goydos, who, similarly, lost The Players this year due to some bad luck to a younger, more athletic competitor, are really special golfers, and they're definitely worth rooting for.

I don't get the though process of saying that Tigers injury diminished Roccos "accomplishment". Rocco didn't just "almost beat Tiger" he beat every other player on the field through 18, it wasn't just Rocco and Tiger for 91 holes.

Rocco gained a LOT of fans over that tournemnt. My two are still Curtis and Tiger, but if Rocco is there in contention and they aren't I've got my pick already.

Good point with the press there too.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

I don't get the though process of saying that Tigers injury diminished Roccos "accomplishment". Rocco didn't just "almost beat Tiger" he beat every other player on the field through 18, it wasn't just Rocco and Tiger for 91 holes.

Excellent point....one that I had to remind some "Tiger is everything" fans that I work with.

Rocco beat out the field save one golfer. He matched mettle with him for 18 playoff holes, too. Rocco earned lots of respect.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Rocco is an awesome player and seems like a nice guy to have a beer with. Regardless of Tigers injury, Rocco's accomplishment is impressive. He didnt crack under the pressure. Sure he had a bad hole (no. 91) at the wrong time, but he kept coming up with brilliant shots.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Yeah, Rocco s got my vote as a top player and a top man. Just goes to show though that World Ranking does not really matter that much. Any player on his day can step up to the plate and do the business. What matter is now and not what has happened before.

Sure he had a bad hole (no. 91) at the wrong time, but he kept coming up with brilliant shots.

And the thing about it, you know that if they had played one more hole, he WOULDN'T have let it affect him. He would still be carrying that same goofy smirk to the next hole, and he probably would have shot it straight down the fairway.

Both Rocco and Tiger made several bogey's (and a couple of double's) throughout the Open, but both were able to shake it off and make a Birdie soon after. Rocco did it with a smile and a little spring in his step. That's what made it so much fun to watch. He never looked like he was "worried" about losing the Open or "stressed" that he needed to win it. He was just out playing a round of golf. Brilliant.

10.5* Driver (don't really ever use it)
3w, 5w
23* hybrid
5i through PW, SW
60* Wedge.....................................................................mellojoe

I like his putter.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I agree, the guy seems like a class act.
And of course the media would have had focus more on Tiger than Rocco's
accomplishment.

What a great match. It would be one to have on DVD.

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

I'm a new fan of Rocco's too, I think he's a great player, and I'm looking forward to watching more of his matches...

CPGA Member
Eagles Nest Golf Club
Toronto Highlands Golf

Rocco earned my respect too. He's a class act and one heck of a golfer. I agree that if Rocco would have won, the golf critics would have said its was a tainted victory because Tiger wasnt at 100%.
Hopefully Rocco gets another chance at a U.S. Open title...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I am a Rocco fan. I really like his attitude and he has fun. After all is said and done, golf is still a game. I am just glad I get to play. I like pulling for the "old" guys. It just proves that even old guys can still play the game.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

Ya I will def. buy the DVD of the championship when it comes out. This is will be one to keep and look back on.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Note: This thread is 5793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!