IGNORED

Finding clubs

myk
Note: This thread is 5799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After finishing today's round, I was talking with the owner of the course I play. We were talking about finding balls around some of the ponds on the course when she told me that someone had thrown a Scotty Cameron putter in the pond by the 18th green. I asked her if I could bring my snorkeling equipment next week to look for it. She said sure and then said she would pay me to fish some of the balls out of it also. She also told me that there is an Odyssey putter and a top of the line Ping putter in the same pond too. I cannot wait for next weekend to get here.

Have any of you ever had a chance to find clubs like this before?

Mike

After finishing today's round, I was talking with the owner of the course I play. We were talking about finding balls around some of the ponds on the course when she told me that someone had thrown a Scotty Cameron putter in the pond by the 18th green.

Now thats funny. Take some video of this, this could be classic.

TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

Good luck, I hope you find them! I can't imagine losing control to the point that I would throw any club in the water - especially my putter. If I did, I would be in that pond looking for it myself unless it was dead of winter.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Good luck, I hope you find them! I can't imagine losing control to the point that I would throw any club in the water - especially my putter.

You haven't lived.

In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

You haven't lived.

Lol, well if living means throwing my Scotty in a pond, I'm fine going on as I have.

Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

If I did, I would be in that pond looking for it myself unless it was dead of winter.

And i DID!! i was standing bout 10yards in front of the lake and hit a scabby squezy fade OOB, got soo annoyed cos was 1 under through 8, gave the Vokey a bit of recoil, straight into the lake.

Stripped down to my boxers and dived in, believe me avoid swimming in lakes if possible, F***ing freezing and have about a meeter of slimy mush at the bottom, i had to keep diving down and feeling my way around the bottom until i treaded on the grip which was sticking bolt upright. JANKERS!

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

And i DID!! i was standing bout 10yards in front of the lake and hit a scabby squezy fade OOB, got soo annoyed cos was 1 under through 8, gave the Vokey a bit of recoil, straight into the lake.

That's hilarious! I wish I could have seen it...glad you found your wedge though.

Now thats funny. Take some video of this, this could be classic.

If any of my friends are with me, I'll have them take some video. At the very least, if I do find any of the clubs I'll take some pictures and post them for all to see.

Mike

If that Ping happens to be a Redwood ZB...can I...you know... have it???

The only thing that prevented me from chucking my old sand wedge into the pond a couple rounds ago was the fact that I was playing a hole without a pond.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

I whipped my 5 wood 50 yards down the fairway once.. thats prob the worst i've done.

Wow just realized... I haven't slammed a club in a year, I actually feel good now.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

The hosel of my 4 iron became intimately acquainted with the soil of the tenth fairway today.

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

Good luck, I hope you find them! I can't imagine losing control to the point that I would throw any club in the water - especially my putter.

Especially if that putter is a Scotty Cameron!

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I found a callaway big bertha pitching wedge in a deep gully last year looking for golf balls after a round,it was obvious it was thrown in there with temper.Sunol valley golf course,the cypress one tenth hole beside the green.If anyone knows this course they would probably understand.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I found a Callaway X16 Steelhead 9 iron a couple months ago in the weeds while tromping around looking for a ball. I found an old Northwest putter (old, brass head, I'm guessing 60's or 70's) near a green, in a flowerbed several years ago.

In my Sasquatch Tour Bag:

Driver - G10 10.5°: UST Pro Vorce V2 Shaft, Regular flex
Hybrid - G10 21° & 24°: TFC 129H, Stiff flex
Irons - S57 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW - Nippon 950GH stiff shaftsWedges - Tour 52°, 60° 56°Putter - 34" TracyBall - Treosoft

Out of idle curiosity...what are you planning on doing with said putter?

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

Out of idle curiosity...what are you planning on doing with said putter?

If I can even find it, I'm planning on keeping it. Even if the former owner is standing right there, if and when I come out of the pond with it, he is not getting it back without some sort of compensation. I'm not going through all this trouble just for the fun of it. If there is no compensation involved, it may end up back in the pond.

Mike

Note: This thread is 5799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!