IGNORED

Ever run off the course mid-game??

DirtCheap
Note: This thread is 5800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ever have to drop everyting and get home in the middle of a golf game?
My wife knows not to call me while I am on the course so I knew when the phone rang something was bad wrong. If there is such a thing as a bad day on the golf course, today was it!

My father-in-law and I hit the links early today.
I was playing the worst game of my life... By the 8th hole I had 4 8's and was working on losing my 4th ball. Then the phone rang.. It was my wife telling me my dog had gotten out of our new back yard and was gone.

We dropped everything and ran home to find my dog...
After an hour of searching, a neighbor found her and brought her home (Thank GOD!)

We collected ourselves and returned to the game only to find there was an hour and a half wait to get back on the course. We didn't have that kind of time, so we had to give it up for this weekend.

Sad part was, I was just starting to get dialed in. I had par'd the 7th hole and I was looking at about a 40 inch putt for par on the 8th when the phone rang.

Still better then a day at work I suppose! :)

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

Only once, and it was more for self-preservation. Saw a grizzly bear on the course wading in a water hazard. My partner and I backed away slowly and ran once we were out of sight warning everyone behind us. I'd never been that scared in my life.

I would have looked for the dog after I finished

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

I only get off the course when I really dont feel like playing that day.

5 times last year I was geared to go play 9 holes, and then as soon as I got to around 4 or 5 I really dont feel like playing anymore, so 5 and 9 are really close so I just play 9 and finish.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I have run off after 9 to have a quick pony, but never really stop unless I need too.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Once about 10 years ago a tree about 50 yards from my group got hit by lightning. We were out of there PDQ.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

A few times I have stopped playing when out on my own because it was ridiculously hot and I started to feel unwell. By ridiculously hot I mean 40+ Celsius with high humidity.

Once I broke my ankle so couldn't keep on going.

Once I stepped in a hole walking down the first hole and pulled some muscles in my back so badly I couldn't play for a month.

The only other time was about 5 years ago when my father-in-law started having a heart attack on the 16th tee. I knew it was a heart attack and he was trying to brush it off so I called an ambulance and told him to sit down and I'd go and get a cart and come back and get him, take him to the clubhouse and we'd work it out from there. He wanted to keep on playing but I told him to sit down and wait.,I'd only be a couple of minutes and that it was for his own good and mainly for my own good as under NO circumstances was I going to give him mouth to mouth resuscitation! Turned out that he was having a heart attack and he was operated on the next day and back out on the course within a few months. Sadly he passed away a few months ago but I don't think in his last five years that he missed playing three or four times a week.

I was playing with a guy who got a call from his wife, his son had taken a bad spill on his bicycle and was going to the hospital. He had rented a cart and gave it to me for the rest of the day no questions asked. I owe him some beers next time we play. I did see him again and his son was OK.

I have walked off the course right after drilling an amazing drive on #12. It was my 30th hole of the day and something in my back went POP right in the middle of the swing. I had to pick up my bag, go pick up the ball from where it was sitting in perfect position for a PW approach to the green, and go home. My back hurt so bad, but fortunately a night of heat, ice, and Motrin fixed it up.

A few times I have stopped playing when out on my own because it was ridiculously hot and I started to feel unwell. By ridiculously hot I mean 40+ Celsius with high humidity.

Damn dude i think your jinxed

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

once I got to the 14th or 15th hole and saw 4 groups on the tee in a roudn that was already tracking to be 5+. we cut across the the 18th tee, played that and headed home.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

Damn dude i think your jinxed

Nah not jinxed, I've just played a LOT of golf over the years. I've probably played as much golf as about 10 "normal" people would have over the same period so anything that has happened to 10 people while playing golf has happened to me!

Sometimes, when walking the fee is free as a member.

If it is backed up, no harm..no foul, off to the tavern.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Ever have to drop everyting and get home in the middle of a golf game?

I feel ya man I'm a dog person too. We have two, but I'm much more partial to one (not saying I don't like the other, but this one dog is special), and I know if I got that same phone call I'd damn near leave my clubs on the course to get home faster to search for him, no questions asked.

But here's the good news. You're gonna buy one of those "Pay as you go" phones and only put like 10 minutes on it. You're gonna get a tiny one and latch it onto the dogs collar - teach him to run behind a tree and act like he's missing whenever he hears the ring from your phone and then POOF - whenever you're having a bad round, call him and there's your scapegoat to leave. It's fool proof!!! But for me we've left after nine holes when we didn't feel like playing 18. But only at Raintree C.C. - we get a free coupon type deal for nine holes so it doesn't cost us anything.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

I left 2 or 3 times. Once because of lightning, once because the bathrooms on the outer edge of the course were locked and once because I was hitting so poorly most of my shots were going 30 yards.

Im glad you found your dog. I know I would be crushed if mine got away.

Im going to pick up one of these for when I go camping or to the beach for the pooch.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...883&id;=0047884

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

Im glad you found your dog. I know I would be crushed if mine got away.

I've had that dog four years longer then I've had my wife..

It's amazing how a stupid little dog becomes part of the family.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

Left my home course 2 weeks ago on the 5th hole. The place is horribly run compared to last year. Tee times don't start until 8 am and I usually am the first one out (I teach so I am off in the summer). The course has been crawling the grounds crews every time I have been out this summer. It has started to resemble a WPA project from the 30's. They have guys cutting grass they just cut the day before.

On that day, they crews were on all of the holes, none of the greens had been cut. It was ridiculous. When I asked when the grounds crew came to work, the pro shop guy told me 6 am. Hard to believe stuff isn't ready 2+ hours later. When I brought it up, he told me to play later and that the superintendent wishes they didn't even open the course up until 10am.

Redneck country club.

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

I'll usually just skip around if it is unreasonably slow. I have never walked off the golf course all though I have been tempted to when playing bad. I remember one time making the turn thinking, "my car is closer than the next tee", but I played on.

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Note: This thread is 5800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!