IGNORED

Woody Austin ... " I should have won by 10 strokes"

Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He should really stop. When he makes comments like that, he does a disservice to those that he is playing against.

He blew a great opporunity. He also said on Saturday that he's only been playing well on five holes and he wished he could play better on the other thirteen. That did not happen.

I like Woody. The worst time to give an interview is immediately after playing. Nothing comes out like it should. Let's hope its one of those moments because he did not play like someone that should have won by 10 strokes.

Yeah, I dont think Woody's elevator goes to the top floor. His comments a while back about him outplaying Tiger and this and that was just stupid. Not to mention his shirts, I wouldn't get caught dead in those...

All things aside, I actually like watching him play.

i understand where hes coming from

the guys tough on himself..he repeatedly said how he choked and how stupid he was and other words to that matter.

I think he said the ten strokes thing to kind of make up his confidence, if that makes any sence, so he put himself down, and then kind of brought himself back up by saying that he could of, but didnt.

I like teh guy, i think hes probobly one of the more entertainging guys to watch, and he seems like a good guy, he is really hard on himself tho, so he does stuff like that to keep his confidence up, like the fist pumps on 18 after he had missed the putt.

Just my thoughts,

BAkke/

Wow. And I thought I was the only person who wasn't won over by the "Aquaman" incident.

Sorry, 1 hilarious fall into the water isn't enough to offset the multiple bizarre comments.
Give me more Roccos (heart) and less Woodys (talk).

This makes me love watching him fall in the water even more. It seems like once a year, we get someone that makes comments like this. Aquaman just seems to do it more than most.

I know his comments appear to be the ravings of a madman, but i understand the thought process. I know countless times I've driven a perfect ball down the center and walked away w/ bogey or worse, or dropped one 4 foot from the pin and missed the putt. You can look back and count up those shots from the day and say "if i had my game on, i would've shot 65, not 70." [or in my case, 79 not 88). Saying you should have won (by 10) does not win you any friends. You are right, he should just say "I left some strokes out there today and that's the difference between 1st and 2nd". Travelling the Sergio Highway and lamenting the "golf gods" is not the High Road, Woody would do well to hit the blinker at the next exit.... jmoc

Honestly became a fan of Woody at the President's Cup...but these comments don't help his case. I do agree with the comment by golf_junkie27 about how interviewing someone after they choked the last hole is not the best way to get kind words out of someone...so perhaps it just slipped out - but he's a loose cannon anyway (the reason I like him).

Also, I noticed on a few holes, he hit driver off the deck. Did anyone notice a weird lump right near where the ball was placed? It looked totally cosmetic since the rest of the tee-box was spotless! But it did seem like it perched the ball up a lil bit...Did anyone notice that? What is the ruling on that (if he did indeed make an indent in the grass tee box)? I might just be trippin...

Also, I noticed on a few holes, he hit driver off the deck. Did anyone notice a weird lump right near where the ball was placed? It looked totally cosmetic since the rest of the tee-box was spotless! But it did seem like it perched the ball up a lil bit...Did anyone notice that? What is the ruling on that (if he did indeed make an indent in the grass tee box)? I might just be trippin...

No, you are not crazy. He actually made that perch. There is a famous LPGA player, her name escapes me, who does the same thing. He might as well have teed it up really low but it's what works for him.

I don't really see the big deal here. Love him or hate him, say what you want about Woody, but what others think he says. These days it seems like one stock answer after another so it's refreshing once in a while to actually hear what the player really thinks. I like Woody because he's different and a break from the norm. So they interview Woody Austin after losing the way he did... to be honest I think that is rather tame considering what I thought might happen.

I think you can look at it a couple ways.

It sounds a bit cocky, like he was simply better than the other players in the field, but that doesn't make sense--he lost. But his putter was SOOOOO weak! He said he kept making shots that forced pressure on his putter--and he couldn't make them. BUT, if he DID, he could have been way out in front.

I think he was basically saying, if I had hit 10 more good shots, I would have won. Not much better than the actual quote. . .

I like Woody, he doesn't blame anyone but himself most of the time. As far as how he dresses, personally. . .I would wear that ugly green//flag shirt he had on yesterday WAAAAAAY before I'd wear the ALL pink outfit Camillo had on at the CVS or whatever it was. He had on a matching pink shirt and pants, with black belt, etc. I know Camillo's a lady's man and he's comfortable with his sexuality. . .But damn, he looked so queer that day.

I don't really see the big deal here. Love him or hate him, say what you want about Woody, but what others think he says. These days it seems like one stock answer after another so it's refreshing once in a while to actually hear what the player

Is it safe to assume you feel the same way about Rory Sabbatini?

I'm so glad that Woody Austin choked and handed it to Kenny Perry. Partly because Kenny is a great guy, but mainly because Woody Austin is a cheat, and my Dad told me that cheats never prosper.

The whole world saw him whiff that putt last year, and he made out like he was placing his putter to get ready to putt. He cheated, and he got away with it, but karma has a funny way of catching up with you and inside he knows what he did. What goes around comes around.

Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!