IGNORED

What do you love most about golf?

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been playing for 24 years and I am still passionate about golf! I look forward to the day I am playing during the week. I enjoy being outdoors with my friends, I enjoy hitting a pure shot and always trying to work on the perfect and consistent swing. I am trying to improve the different aspect of the game...... putting, chipping, irons, fairway woods and driver.

What do you love about golf? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I love everything. Mainly knowing that no matter how good I get, I'll never master the game. I was thinking today, that no matter how good of a shot I hit, it would never be perfect, but you can get the ball in the hole for par with many imperfections. haha, pretty intersting

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

I like that there are an unlimited amount of courses. There are SOO many different holes to see and play, it's never the same, and really even in the same course it isnt the same since the pin and tee boxes move, some holes require LARGE changes for changes involved in tees and pin placement.

And the fact that you always have something else to keep working on.

For example, in basketball you can hit a shot nothing but net... PERFECT.

In golf unless it's a par 3, you arent sinking it in 1, so there isnt an EXACT perfect ANYTHING, you can always try to change something, but mainly just the EVER changing aspect of the course, the holes etc... Compare that to most sports, bowling, always the same lane, basketball, always the same length courts and regulation hoops etc. Golf gets pretty creative at times.

Adams Golf Idea a2 OS Hybrids
(all but the 3iron, I broke it )

What better way to pass some time?

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

I love that whether I'm playing solo or playing with two foursomes of my best friends, I will always pump my fist the exact same way when I hole a birdie putt or a tough par save. Other sports were about winning , but when I celebrate in golf I'm celebrating personal achievements that I value for their own sake, and not for anyone else. Watching that ball track toward and clatter around the cup will never stop being so sweet.

I love that golf can teach me to have a stronger mental composition. That's something I didn't learn in 22 years of athletics before golf, including tennis through the collegiate level, and it has become so clear and reliable to me in 5 years of golfing. My mental game is tough; I don't get down on myself anymore. I thank golf for that.

I love it when I see a little kid with his dad out on the course, because some day that dad will be me (but not for, you know, a while yet).

I love the buttery click of a perfect strike with my irons - the closest feeling to perfection I know of in sport.

I love going to the range and grinding over shot after shot after shot, for those rare times that I hit perfect shots 7 or 8 in a row, and for those times that I finally get something new to click. That workmanlike approach to the game yields rewards.

I'm sure there's more, but the intensely personal fist pump is the thing that I would bottle and hand down for generations, if only I could.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

I love to be able to share this game with my 13 year old son and my 7 year old daughter so someday we can play together.

I love the fact that you can play when you are 94 years old. I played with Mel at Sharp Park Golf Course, Pacifica, CA and he is 94 years young and plays 3 times a week.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

This topic came up a while back. I still have the same answer:

Making putts.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

The entire atmosphere of the game. In the sense that every course is different and can play different each day and when you get that feeling that you and the people you are playing with are the only ones out on the course experiencing what can be breathtaking scenery and great weather. I often find myself taking a walk outside and the certain different ways that the grass can smell takes me back to golfing. That an occasionally hitting a 5 iron so pure that it strikes the tuning fork in my loins.

3JACK

I like golf more than other sports as it is so variable, and you can hit so many different shots and so many different plays.
Also that you can choose when and for how long you want to play at almost any time, and at almost any course.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

• Being outside in nice weather.
  • Hitting crisp iron shots (just starting to do that with consistency).
  • Hitting it on the screws with the driver.
  • Playing an entire hole as you'd envisioned while on the tee box.
  • Watching anyone hit a shot into the green, seeing it hop once and suck back.
  • Match play
  • Being driven by competition
  • Scrambling to save a hole.
  • Shooting a good round and looking back saying "Damn....I really left some shots out there."

I love the constant challenge and that fact that you can never master the game. It keeps me coming back knowing that I am trying to get better.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I've gone golfing the last 3 days in a row, I always walk and I carry my bag, My legs aren't in pain but they are definitely stiff, but DAMNIT reading this thread REALLY MAKES ME WANT TO GET OUT THERE AGAIN!!

Adams Golf Idea a2 OS Hybrids
(all but the 3iron, I broke it )

• Being outside in nice weather.
  • Hitting crisp iron shots (just starting to do that with consistency).
  • Hitting it on the screws with the driver.
  • Playing an entire hole as you'd envisioned while on the tee box.
  • Watching anyone hit a shot into the green, seeing it hop once and suck back.
  • Match play
  • Being driven by competition
  • Scrambling to save a hole.
  • Shooting a good round and looking back saying "Damn....I really left some shots out there."

Amen brother!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

I love that no other sport undertakes such a seemingly impossible task. You're not kicking a ball that's 8x the size of your foot into a goal taller than you and wider than ten men. It's not hitting a baseball with a rigid stick as thick as the ball is round. Or striking a soft, fuzzy ball with a trampoline-on-a-stick with 10x the surface area.

You hit a ball that's only 2" across into a hole that's 400 yards away yet only 4" across, using implements with these skinny, flexible 1/2" thick shafts, with trees, water, hills and wind all in your way. Yet when you send a piercing drive through the air, and a rising, spinning approach to the green, and a graceful, seemingly self-propelled putt clunking into the hole, it's like you slapped physics right in the face, while giving Mother Nature a big kiss.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

I have to agree with sonicblue. I love every aspect of this game, mentally and physically.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

I love that no other sport undertakes such a seemingly impossible task. You're not kicking a ball that's 8x the size of your foot into a goal taller than you and wider than ten men. It's not hitting a baseball with a rigid stick as thick as the ball is round. Or striking a soft, fuzzy ball with a trampoline-on-a-stick with 10x the surface area.

that's so poetic. I agree with sonic on this... it's EVERYTHING about the game.. from the atmosphere/surroundings to how amazing it is that we're in love with putting a tiny ball that we paid $4 into a hole that's 4 (and maybe soon 6") across.

DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!