IGNORED

What The Favre Is Going On???

Uthinkso
Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm tired of watching this drama.

Now you just get to watch more nationally televised Jets games!....ugh

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*, Aldila NV Stiff
Fairway Wood: System 2 Midsize 3W
Hybrid: Idea Boxer a3Irons: Bomber Steel Plus 3: 4-PW (Callaway Clone)Wedges: 588 Tour Action BeCu 53* Gap/56* SandPutter: Karsten Anser 2 34"Balls: Back to the drawing board, experimenting with Gamers,...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really stinks is that my Jets traded for him. This is Boomer Esiason, revisited. Once, just once, I wished the franchise did things, right.

You gotta figure at the very least its an upgrade from Chad Pennington.

now whenever rodgers throws an incomplete pass he's going to get booed. shame. i lost my respect for favre over this whole drama

True, and you will hear the chants of, "we want Brett".

There are plenty in Wisconsin too, and its a shame. Most of them are now ignorantly calling for Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy to be fired.

Isnt it funny how it works out like that? They are calling for Thompson and McCarthy to be fired, but they fail to see that Favre said he wanted to come back at the last minute. They asked him in March if he changed his mind and was going to play this year and he told them no, so the team made plans to move on without him. Then all of the sudden Brett changes his mind and the team is supposed to completely change plans (including dropping Aaron Rodgers like a bad habit) just for Brett? I dont think so!

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

It's getting to the point where I can't watch ESPN anymore without getting HARASSED with Brett Favre. I'm so sick of it. He's had one good season in the last 3. Sure, he's a legend, BUT NOT ANYMORE. GET OVER IT!

But in the end, the Packers made the right decision. Go with the future.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

your right they did make the right decision, i mean they spent their whole off season getting ready for this season and then all sudden he says i wanna come back? no way it aint happening, its stupid, if he wanted to play then he should have thought about it before he retired.

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

It's getting to the point where I can't watch ESPN anymore without getting HARASSED with Brett Favre. I'm so sick of it. He's had one good season in the last 3. Sure, he's a legend, BUT NOT ANYMORE. GET OVER IT!

Actually, in the past 16 years he has really only had maybe 1 bad season. Its just the the win/loss record didnt reflect it because he didnt have the team around him that allowed them to win.

Without a solid running game, it doesnt open up the passing game. Without talented recievers who can catch the ball, you have no passing game. Without a solid defense, you have little hope to win. Take those things away and no matter how good the QB is, you arent gonna win. Favre is still one of the best QBs there is, but the fact still remains that he cant expect the team to cater to his sudden change of plans. I wish him all the best of luck in New York.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Actually, in the past 16 years he has really only had maybe 1 bad season. Its just the the win/loss record didnt reflect it because he didnt have the team around him that allowed them to win.

i agree completely with that!

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

The other thing I would add too is that all too often, Favre tries to force things. I can remember plenty of times when the smarter thing would be to have thrown the ball out of bounds or where no one could catch it, but instead Favre would throw it to Driver (or whatever his #1 receiver at the time was), often when that reciever was being triple-teamed and guess what, interception.
I can hear the Green Bay announcers now, "Favre rolls right, rainbows over the middle....INTERCEPTED!!!!"
So, yeah, Favre was a great QB, but he has his flaws too. Im sure lots of people around here are upset that he got traded, but life goes on. The Packers had success long before Favre came along and Im sure they will still have success even after he is long gone. The Green Bay Packers are bigger than Brett Favre.
Im optimistic about the direction that coach McCarthy is taking the team. They used to be all about offense and putting points on the board. He wants to turn the Packers into more of a defense-oriented team and I think thats a good route to go. The other team cant win if they dont score. I mean, look at the Chicago Bears. They have been a pretty good team the past few years inspite of the fact that their offense isnt impressive at all.
Its like they say, "offense wins games, defense wins championships."

i can hardly wait to see the NY crowds after a few losses. i don't think Favre has ever experienced anything that ugly before in his career.

My Blog

I can't believe what just happened. I don't know if I should be excited for this or not.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

1999GNB16 341 595 57.3 4091 6.9

22 74 23 74.7 2005GNB16 372 607 61.3 3881 6.4 20 59 29 70.9 2006GNB16 343 613 56.0 3885 6.3 18 82 18 72.7 There is 3 bad ones right there. Dark Red = TD Red = INT Magenta=QB Rating Good QB's make good WR's, not the other way around. Peyton Manning made Stokely a good receiver for a year. He also made Reggie Wayne an outstanding receiver. Harrison would be good with or w/o him, but Reggie Wayne would probably be an average receiver today if it wasn't for Manning.
What I Play:

Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

I can't believe what just happened. I don't know if I should be excited for this or not.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sold that this was a great move by the Jets. They have a very tiny chance of making the Super Bowl due to being in the AFC and in a relatively tough division and this move is all about their immediate future. Granted, some of their free agency acquisitions are more about the immediate future than the long term but I just don't think that they should be selling so much just for a year or two of possibly making the playoffs. They should be trying to build a good core of young players in order to have long term success. Basically, I see the Jets possibly making the playoffs and then losing the first game that they play. Oh, and have fun listening to the months of Brett Favre retirement drama, I surely won't miss it.

My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

Good QB's make good WR's, not the other way around. Peyton Manning made Stokely a good receiver for a year. He also made Reggie Wayne an outstanding receiver. Harrison would be good with or w/o him, but Reggie Wayne would probably be an average receiver today if it wasn't for Manning.

True, but how many of Peyton Manning's passes have broken his recievers' fingers? Favre is well known for throwing the ball so hard that it has broken recievers' fingers and if the ball hit them in the chest, it knocked the wind out of them.

Not just any old reciever can catch a pass from Favre.

True, but how many of Peyton Manning's passes have broken his recievers' fingers? Favre is well known for throwing the ball so hard that it has broken recievers' fingers and if the ball hit them in the chest, it knocked the wind out of them.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but since when is breaking someone's fingers with your pass a GOOD thing?!

What I Play:

Good QB's make good WR's, not the other way around.

I don't necessarily agree with that. WR's that have talent and great athleticism can make QB's look like Hall of Famers. WR's are paid to make plays, run routes, block, and get open. The QB's just deliver the ball...

Favre will get indoctrinated real quick to the AFC when they play SD and NE in the second and third weeks of the season (I think). He may have a long season in that division, so my guess is by week eight he may be re-thinking his decision to come back.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but since when is breaking someone's fingers with your pass a GOOD thing?!

Never said it was a good thing, merely pointing out that it takes one heck of a reciever to catch Favre's passes.

I don't necessarily agree with that. WR's that have talent and great athleticism can make QB's look like Hall of Famers. WR's are paid to make plays, run routes, block, and get open. The QB's just deliver the ball...

Amen to that. Just look at the Minnesota Viking back when Culpepper and Moss still played for them. Moss made Culpepper look like a great QB, but the fact is that Moss is so good as a reciever that he is almost undefendable.

Favre will get indoctrinated real quick to the AFC when they play SD and NE in the second and third weeks of the season (I think). He may have a long season in that division, so my guess is by week eight he may be re-thinking his decision to come back.

Also, how good is the Jets' offensive line? Favre cant scramble very well, so if their o-line isnt pretty good, he will be running for his life all season.

I don't know a ton about the Jets offensive line but the sense I've gotten is that it looks good on paper but has a lot of new pieces so it may take a little while for it to perform as a great working unit. It has young guys like D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold who are extremely talented. They also have older guys like Damien Woody and Alan Faneca who have been good lineman in the past but are getting up there in years. They also have Brandon Moore and guard, but I don't really know squat about him. Bottom line, it may take some time for them to get in sync but it could be a good group.
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

Never said it was a good thing, merely pointing out that it takes one heck of a reciever to catch Favre's passes.

now if only the recievers could hold on to the ball when being tackled

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!