IGNORED

F%&king Gas/Fuel Prices......

Lemay427
Note: This thread is 5786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nice bike. Ya I wouldnt get a Ninja 250. I just made that suggestion because its slow and thought your parents might be ok with a slow bike.

Thats my second choice, haha. KTM makes a quality dirt bike, but I don't know about their street bike reputation.

To stay on topic, I have noticed down here in SD that there are a lot more people on motocycles these days because of as prices. Hopefully this makes the streets safer for motorcycles if drivers know that they are more frequent, which will hopefully make them more aware of the cycles on the road.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say gas is particularly expensive in the US yet, not when you compare it to the rest of the world.

The problem is it has been cheap for a long time, so people have taken it for granted. Now this is not the case it is causing problems.

An example of this is that in the US 30mpg is considered good economy. In Europe or Asia 30mpg is very average, possibly even a little on the low side.

Ya I was at the gym last night and noticed how many people were coming and going on motorcycles. Very cool in my opinion.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Out of interest what are you paying a litre in the US? In England we are paying roughly £1.19.9 - £1.22.9 a litre..... now thats expensive... costs me £45 to fill up my 1.2 clio.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

You guys over there have a lot more taxes on your fuel than we do.

Its theft not tax.

I was filling the works van up with lets say an alternative fuel until the ministry pulled it over ,dipped the tank and gave me a $1000 fine.

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

I turn 16 in February and I'm pretty sure I'll need another job besides the occasional caddy loop to even pay for gas, not to mention my insurance

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

• Administrator
In my neck of the woods, Atlantic Canada, I filled up at about $1.38/litre yesterday.

So... $5.22/gallon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Out of interest what are you paying a litre in the US? In England we are paying roughly £1.19.9 - £1.22.9 a litre..... now thats expensive... costs me £45 to fill up my 1.2 clio.

Not sure what it would cost in litres, but where Im at it ranges from $3.99-$4.06 a gallon.

It costs me about $100 to fill up my F-150 (26 gallon tank).

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

The gas shortage is not real and is being manufactured intentionally. How long before the levee breaks and the people go ballistic?

Taylormade R7
Taylormade R580 3,5,7 wood
Callaway X-18 irons
Cleveland 588 SW
Odyssey #1 XG Putter

The gas shortage is not real and is being manufactured intentionally. How long before the levee breaks and the people go ballistic?

Id have to disagree with you on that one. With contries such as China and India that are getting more good-paying jobs, which allow people to afford to buy cars, you have a lot more demand for oil.

I would agree with you that a large part of whats driving up the cost of oil is the speculators who are buying oil futures, but there is more demand for oil now than there has ever been. Even if, "the levee breaks", what are people going to do? Most of us cant just give up our cars and use mass transit, bike or walk wherever we go. If you think the price of gas is bad now, youd better hope that Bush doesnt decide that we need to invade Iran. Iran has said that if we attack them that they will take their oil off of the market, which will seriously drive up the cost of oil. If that happens, you can say, "hello" to $10-$15 a gallon gas.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

1.39 a Litre here.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

The "man" is behind this. Government paranoia is the best

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I do think that the government should be doing more to keep gas prices in check, but I dont believe that they are intentionally causing it.
Like I said, if you think its bad now you'd better hope that we dont invade Iran. If we do, you can count on gas prices being A LOT higher.

Note: This thread is 5786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!