IGNORED

Switching to Titleist ProV1.

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got the nike one blacks because they spin less than the platinum but thats just what I have found with it. It also seems to balloon from the tee compared to similar balls.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

• Administrator
I would assume in October.

Why?

They've already publicly said when they'll have the replacements/next Pro V1/V1x. 2009. Plus, Titleist doesn't release new golf balls in the fall.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Today I played a round, and on a par 3 I hit a prov1. It flew past the green using my usual iron for that green. since I thought I landed in the drink, I hit a cheap Hyper Ti provisional. Same swing, same iron. The ball landed short.

Both ball flights where true (little or no side movement) so, that suggests the prov1 is longer off the tee.

Happy ending: the prov1 landed on the fringe-not in the drink, so I chipped, then two putted for a bogey.

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

Why?

Thanks for that info.

I'm changing to Pro V1s when they are on close-out pricing.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

erik, where/when was that announcement made? i'm sure you're absolutely correct but i can't find it anywhere on the titleist site.

I got the nike one blacks because they spin less than the platinum but thats just what I have found with it. It also seems to balloon from the tee compared to similar balls.

Unlike most others, I like Nike Golf equipment, so yeah I gave the Platinum and Black their shot. And they both do just as advertised. The Platinum will always remain my putting ball (yes, I have a "putting ball") because it is nice and soft and rolls so nice.

But, just to be a bit different and stick out amongst other golfing partners I tried the Bridgestone B-330's and haven't looked back since. I still want to try the B-330S's though. A softer ball. But, as I still get used to my new clubs I am figuring my game out more and finding out what kind of ball I want but these Bridgestone's seem to really fly around the course!

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I'm finished with buying balls that are on sale.I have been using the same box of wilson hyper ti for 5 rounds and counting, so I'm not loosing many balls. I recently played a back nine with a spare pro-vi (that I found in the range bucket).

I'd quit playing "Follow the Leader" and go find out what ball is best for you.

• Administrator
erik, where/when was that announcement made? i'm sure you're absolutely correct but i can't find it anywhere on the titleist site.

In their lawsuit against Callaway.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd quit playing "Follow the Leader" and go find out what ball is best for you.

I actually appreciate David Leadbetter and his tips. I think his academies and golf digest articles are good.

They are over the top though. I remember one of his tips: put a banana between your chest and elbow in order to cut out the banana ball.

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!