IGNORED

Dave Pelz "AlmostGolf" Foam Practice Golf Balls

Note: This thread is 1979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have the Almost golf stuff and its terrible. I have many times hit my neighbor's house. Doesnt do much but she probably doesnt apreciate it.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i bought some, and use them occasionally when it's impossible to get to the range. they're good for tweaking your woods and iron swings because it gives you a great ball flight pattern and trajectory so you know if you're swinging incorrectly. but it's sort of pointless to chip/pitch with them because it will mess up your distances. as long as it's not windy outside, everything's cool.

I personally like birdie balls better, but maybe I'll try these almost golf balls.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

i bought some, and use them occasionally when it's impossible to get to the range. they're good for tweaking your woods and iron swings because it gives you a great ball flight pattern and trajectory so you know if you're swinging incorrectly. but it's sort of pointless to chip/pitch with them because it will mess up your distances. as long as it's not windy outside, everything's cool.

thanks yha how far do you say you hit it compared to a real golf ball

I personally like birdie balls better, but maybe I'll try these almost golf balls.

can you hit the birdie balls with your woods? i've personally never hit a birdie ball, perhaps i'd enjoy them, but i just can't get over the fact that i'd be hitting a cube instead of a sphere.

I use Callaway HX-Practice Balls

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

I like my birdie balls. They really show my flight, plus I can't lose it no matter how hard I try.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I like my birdie balls. They really show my flight, plus I can't lose it no matter how hard I try.

Yeah they are quite workable... I would say the same, but when I hit a fade sometimes they carry over my fence into my neighbors yard.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

• 1 month later...
Anyone use these? What are your thoughts?

I'm thinking about trying them but I had one thought.

When I'm hitting my irons well on the course it feels like butter but I still have mishits every now and again...I'm wondering if I use these foam balls will I be able to feel the mishits or not. I just wanted some feedback on them.

Thanks

9.5* 975D
3H/20* Baffler DWS
X-14 Pro Series 4-PW
56* 588 DSG Gunmetal

I'm interested in buying some too - I share your concern, and I think the light balls won't provide the feedback of regular balls - but I suppose it's all in the ball flight to indicate mishits.

I bought some of these the other day a long with some plastic wiffle balls. The foam ones really fly when you hit it well. A 7 iron will easily go 70 yards. The are great for knowing when you hit it well. But mishits are hard to read. I actually like the whiffle balls better for seeing mishits in the ball flight. They also can tell you if you slice it or pull it better.

Driver- Titleist 910 D3 9.5

3 Wood- Burner 15 degree
Irons- Slingshot 4I-AW
Hybrid- CPR 3 22 degree
Putter- White Hot XG 8

I bought some and they hit alot farther than I thought and I lost all 12 over the fence in about 10 minutes. So I bought a hitting net that has a ball catcher. If I am standing 15 ft from it it seems I see the ball flight with woods and higher irons. Good luck if all else fails just go on using the plastic holey balls.

What's in the Bag

Driver: Burner 09 9.5* S-Flex
3 Wood: Burner 09 15* S-Flex
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19* R-FlexDriving Iron: 12*Irons PW-3: Ping Zing 2 SW: Pro Series X-14 56*Putter: G5i ALLY 35"Ball: Tour Fire

I use the plastic ones that look like a wiffle ball. I use them in my room and practice pitching and chipping them onto my bed or in a bucket lol.. But my dad uses these and he likes them

Note: This thread is 1979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!