IGNORED

Poor Jerry Kelly...

pjsnyc
Note: This thread is 5774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The guy shot a first round 83, what was he supposed to say? He seems to be too prideful to say it was the Indian and not the arrows, so he blames it all on the course setup and conditions. We've heard it before at other tournaments at other venues, so I'm not surprised. He was reacting to his dismal performance and let his emotions get the best of him, so I choose to give him a pass.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Its the British Open, its supposed to be insanely hard and the weather is supposed to be bad.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

If a golf course is really hard and the conditions suck, someone is going to cry about it no matter what. The R & A doesnt control the weather. They left the setup the same regardless (as they should). Some people cant play in the wind, because they dont have the ballflight or length. Sucks to be them.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Cold weather golf? Poor Jerry Kelly. Seriously, grow up. Welcome to the weather that affects most of the cold weather population. I'm sorry the weather was not like in Puerto Rico where you finished second.

If you don't like the situation, you have two options. Pull a Rich Beem or play through it.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Hey, he shot six shots better today. Missed the cut at +20 though.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Cold weather golf? Poor Jerry Kelly. Seriously, grow up. Welcome to the weather that affects most of the cold weather population. I'm sorry the weather was not like in Puerto Rico where you finished second.

Whats so funny about that is that Jerry Kelly is from

WISCONSIN . He should be used to playing in cold weather! These guys can whine about how hard the wind is making it, but the fact remains that they all have to play in the wind, so I dont see where its unfair. So what if they arent shooting really low scores, quit whining and just deal with it.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Players should toughen up, it's a bit of bad weather, that's an integral part of golf.

You play the conditions to the best of your ability and try to grind out a score, Jerry Kelly let the weather and course beat him up mentally and that's why he played awful.

As the commentators have been saying the key is patience and not letting the conditions getting to you.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

how couldn't he reach greens? i mean surely driver 3-wood would get you at least to a par 4 green. i was watching the tournament all day yesterday and day 1 and most people were doing ok. JERRY KELLY DON'T GET BITTER, GET BETTER!

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

This is the way I look at it. Have the past few days looked like good days to play golf? Would you like to be out there playing in 20-30 mph winds and rain? Today isn't any better either.

I sure as hell would choose to stay home if I was planning on going to play golf and the conditions were like that.

Now with considering it that way, add this onto it. Would like to be playing in a an Open for a ton of $$$ in those conditions? NO WAY !

If you're playing for so much money the conditions should be very good to give every golfer his best chance at winning.

BUT I do disagree with Kelly. Let me explain I'm not contradicting myself... I believe in the above when considering to hold the tournament or not. I don't think they should be playing in those conditions but since they are...there does not need to be complaining.

The tournament will be held wether Kelly and other complain or not, the decision was made so deal with the conditions.

Final statement: Match should not be played in those conditions but since it was decided to be held, do not complain get out there and try to win it's too late to change it now.

R7 Superquad 10.5° RE*AX 65 Fujikura
R7 Draw Rescue 3H 19°
R7 Draw Rescue 5H 25°
X-20 4-AW
Vokey Spin Milled 54° ChromeCPR 56°Victoria II 35"Pro v1

This is the way I look at it. Have the past few days looked like good days to play golf? Would you like to be out there playing in 20-30 mph winds and rain? Today isn't any better either.

I would absolutely be out there playing if it were me. As long as there arent thuderstorms in the forecast, I play.

Like I said, its the British Open. You have to expect to play in adverse weather. If you cant handle very tough courses, wind and bad weather; you shouldnt be entering the British Open. I mean, come on, what fun would it be if there wasnt 6" deep rough, 30+ mph winds and if the weather wasnt rainy and cold.

i agree with jerrykelly, hard is one thing but the course should not be set up to unfairly punish the shorter hitters so they can't at least reach the fairway, like at bethpage a few years ago where corey pavin couldn't even reach the fairway with his driver which guaranteed he wouldn't be in contention

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

i agree with jerrykelly, hard is one thing but the course should not be set up to unfairly punish the shorter hitters so they can't at least reach the fairway, like at bethpage a few years ago where corey pavin couldn't even reach the fairway with his driver which guaranteed he wouldn't be in contention

No matter what they do, the wind is going to make it easier for the long hitters.

What do you want them to do, play golf inside of a dome? Even if they moved the tees up, the longer hitters are still going to have an advantage.

Its links golf, and its the Open championship. Its been played this way for the past 148 years. This is what they should expect for this style of golf in Great Britain. If you don't like it, join Kenny Perry in Milwaukee, thats where you're from anyway isn't it? I mean golf is not always Florida sun and perfect conditions!

"You're not good enough to get mad. Enjoy the round." Arnold Palmer to Jim Leyland.

Driver: Taylormade r5 80 10.5
Irons: Taylormade RAC OS 3-PW True temper reg flex
Hybrid: Nike Rescue 18* graphite stiff flexWedge: Taylormade RAC 56* satinWedge: Cleveland Tour Action 60*Putter: Odyssey White...

No matter what they do, the wind is going to make it easier for the long hitters.

1. wind does not make it easier for long hitters (fact)

2. no, not golf in a dome, domed greens are enough 3. just give my corey a shot to reach the fairway and he'll bump it on the green, that's all, is that too much to ask?

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Its links golf, and its the Open championship. Its been played this way for the past 148 years.

that's the problem, some of those senile buffoons in the r&a; are 148 years old

give me a break...these guys are doing this for a living. if they werent, they would have real jobs, and a real reason to bitch.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I see nothing wrong with the emotion that Jerry Kelly displayed over the Open conditions......I mean Jerry Kelly has always reminded me of a guy you'd see at your local course living it up in the Bar and having a great time (the weekend golfer sort of say).....

the ironic thing is, say Tiger would have made the same remarks as Kelly nothing at all would have been said (granted comparing Woods and Kelly is like comparing a Lexus to a Yugo) but still my point is, nothing wrong with a bit of frustration and emotion from Kelly......I bet alot of us given the situation would have stated the same exact thing.....

give me a break...these guys are doing this for a living.

that's why they are complaining, cuz they do it for a living

Note: This thread is 5774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!