IGNORED

LPGA State Farm Classic [Spoilers]

Harry Longshanks
Note: This thread is 5754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What a crazy couple of days in golf. Greg Norman (53) is challenging for the top of the leaderboard at The Open and David Duval is not far back.

And on the LPGA side, 51-year old Sherri Turner is tied for 2nd at the State Farm Classic along with Michelle Wie at only 1 back. Wie was 5-under yesterday with an eagle, and 7-under today with another eagle and no bogies.

Christina Kim in the lead at -13.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I was just about to post something about Michelle Wie. You beat me to it.

I hope she wins.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I could have done without that second picture. Wow. Either get a bigger shirt or lose some pounds.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I could have done without that second picture. Wow. Either get a bigger shirt or lose some pounds.

Awwww come on. Big women know how to have fun.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I just got a chance to watch the (DVR) broadcast.

Wie was on fire! Her swing and her putting stroke looked fantastic. Her drives were bombed and she was flag hunting with her approach shots.

I hope she can keep it up for the weekend, because it's really fun to watch.

(Her reaction to the eagle at the 10th hole on Friday)

Christina Kim in the lead at -13.

Must be Christina's hommage to Heath Ledger as Joker.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Yani Tseng is also one shot back. That would be a fun pairing, her and Michelle Wie. Tseng, as you might remember, beat Wie in the WAPL a few years back, keeping Wie from being the fifth woman to win that twice.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Yani Tseng is also one shot back. That would be a fun pairing, her and Michelle Wie. Tseng, as you might remember, beat Wie in the WAPL a few years back, keeping Wie from being the fifth woman to win that twice.

Yanni plays golf?!?!? . . . and is a woman?? (ok, I did suspect that part). Actually, I didn't know that about Tseng and Wie. At this point, I'm just hoping Wie can keep it together and make a run. I think Christina Kim and Michelle Wie would make a great final pairing to watch. Christina is so emotional, and Wie is so methodical. The interaction would be very interesting. But for the umpteenth time . . . Nike, please get the young woman some public speaking lessons. She's really just not good at it.

And Michelle Wie has the lead with 33 holes to go. This is something I haven't seen in the time I've followed golf.

Does a win get her a tour card, as it would on the PGA tour, or does she have to finish high enough on the money list?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

And Michelle Wie has the lead with 33 holes to go. This is something I haven't seen in the time I've followed golf.

She still has to finish high enough on the money list, which is what she is trying to do.

Stacy Lewis is trying to do the same thing with her limited number of exemptions (5, I think) in order to avoid Q-School.

Yay , Michelle!!

Its great to see her back to some semblance of herself (of course I can't actually see it, because there is no TV channel on which I can actually watch LPGA anymore... but live scoring on LPGA.com suffices ).

2nd place currently, -3 through 6 and -15 for the tourny.

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Its nice to see Wie doing well. I hope she can keep it up and seal the deal. Im surprised to see her with a Callaway driver, considering that she is sponsored by Nike.
I know that with Tiger, Nike let him play whatever equipment that he wanted. I guess as long as she does well and is sporting the Nike logo, they dont much care what kind of equipment she is playing (although Im sure theyd much rathar see her with with Nike equipment).

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Administrator
Im surprised to see her with a Callaway driver, considering that she is sponsored by Nike.

She's playing a Nike driver. The image above is a fairway wood.

I also think that if she wins, she'll basically earn enough to earn an LPGA Tour card if she wants one. I don't think it gets her a two-year exemption. It may.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Since this is a spoilers thread...

She was disqualified for not signing her scorecard.

http://www.lpga.com/content_1.aspx?pid=16530∣=1

Note: This thread is 5754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!