IGNORED

High School Golf

Jordasch
Note: This thread is 5694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had my first match today. It went okay my team lost 209 to 221. I was shocked how I played today. I thought I was going to shot 50 something, because I have a chest cold, and a sore neck. I shot 46 felt decent out there. I was chipping terrible though which is odd because it's usually the best part of my game.

Wow, that's pretty bad scoring. Our school matches are usually in the 170-200.

How are peoples high schools golf matches being played?

All stroke play. Six golfers play for each team. Best Five Scores are added.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Head to Head is, IMO, the funnnest way to play competitvely. You see exactly how you're doing, and can step it up right there, and it gets really intense if the match is close.

i love playing match play and screwing with ppls heads

Ugh!
I want it to come so badly.
I'm so jealous that you guys are playing already.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Ugh!

Just be glad that you have High School golf period

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I have had two tryouts in the last week for my schools varsity golf team, and I can see that I am one of the top players so far. My team just lost three seniors that were very good, and now that they are gone we are pretty bad. I shot 44 today(for 9), best score out of 12 other players. Very hard course though. My ball striking was terrible, after all of this rain from the hurricane I had such trouble not catching the ball fat. My short game came through, and I made a few great putts and lipped a few chips. Overall a great day, and I can't wait to play on the team.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

Sounds like a good idea.
im 14 and i am hoping to make my high school team.

I usually shoot high 80s low 90s.

I really have to improve if i want to make my team,
What do you think?

In my Warbird Bag,
I have
Burner Driver 460cc 9.5* Stiff
Three and Five Woods
Precise- 21* and 24* hybridsCCi Cast Irons-4-AW 52* and 56*/14 Vokey 60*/8and i play TP Black or ProV1

ahhhh competitive golf. I miss it.

I started playing golf my freshman year of high school, 1990. We didn't have graphite, steel headed drivers were just coming out then. I played persimmon woods!

First year they kept the whole team, Class B school, 18 tried out. 6 varsity, 6 JV, then the rest ..

I averaged 60 for 9 holes my first year.
Got my varsity letter my sophomore year, averaged 48.
Junior: 45
Senior: 42 (All conference).

it was fun, playing and practicing every day.

Then I did it again in college. 1993 - 1998 I played for Grand Valley State University .. was usually #5 or #6 man, averaging 77 - 82 for 18. By the time I left my senior year, I was a 2 handicap.

I miss those days!

Enjoy them while you can!

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

That's nuts. Your not even in High School and already a 7.4 handicap. Can you say Tiger Woods?!

Both Jack Nicklaus and Trevor Immelman held scratch handicaps at age 13.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

Had the first of three tryouts today. Shot 2 over 38. Not bad. Had a kid on our team shoot even par 36 though. Looks like ill have to pull a a even or -1 to win the one spot. Its do-able on a good day though.

Top 4 spots on my our team are looking good, but the last two are averaging high 40s which isn't going to win a lot of points.
Driver R7 Quad
3 Wood R7 Quad Ti
Irons 3-PW FP
Wedges SV 56,60
Putter White hot 2 ball

Yeah, this isn't going to be a good year.
Only 3 players practice, and two of them barely do.
So, it looks like I'm going to be stuck on another shitty team.
I want a trade!
/primadonna rant.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Yeah, this isn't going to be a good year.

I feel your pain.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Wowsers! I just took a peak at my schedule, and we play at an insane course one day. Carnegie Abbey Club. It's right on the freakin' Narragansett Bay. I think that 8 players make it to play away games, and there's only 10 on my team. I'm pretty much a lock for the 5th or 6th spot. Also one kid on the team shot a 69 on 9 holes today. I like my chances of going to Rhode Island.

ahhhh competitive golf. I miss it.

Did you happen to know a guy with the last name Crowner at Grand Valley. I think he played golf there during that time...

Burner
r7 3 Wood
VR Split Cavity 3-PW
CG14 56*, 60*
Callie

Had my first day of try-outs today. Shot 6 over 41. Not Bad, not good but okay. That probably puts me in varsity but still need to shoot a good score tomorrow to lock it up.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

I wish I lived in the states to be able to play in those teams... For what I see, it looks to be pretty easy to get in the team at most high schools

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

Not at most. At another school in my conference the cut for varsity is 10 over for 36 holes.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Note: This thread is 5694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!