IGNORED

What's Going To Be the Biggest Story On the PGA Tour Now?

RX Phoenix
Note: This thread is 5769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How Are You Going To Stay Interested In the Tour Now?

• Ryder Cup Selections and Play
    • PGA Championship
    • Fed Ex Cup
    • Anthony Kim's Development
    • David Duvals Attempt To Return to Form
    • Phil Mickelson . . . How Will He Play
    • Kenny Perry's Play
    • Other

Absolutely! Really hope Rocco gets on the Ryder Cup team because I think he could be a huge piece to it.

You are right. Did you notice something during the playoff with Tiger for the US Open? Rocco is so nice that Tiger actually smiled and showed that he likes the guy (which he admitted in the interview later). Tiger is very intense and focused, and yet, Rocco's personality even affected him (but not enough to lose his "edge").

You know what that reminded me of from the past? Lee Trevino's effect on Nicklaus when they played together. The Merry Mex just loosened Jack up, even while they both were trying their hardest to beat each other. And they both admitted that. Unlike the reactions when Jack and Arnie played together--------------they clearly wanted to BEAT the living daylights out of each other, and actually made them focus so much on each other that sometimes another player would "sneak through" and beat them both----for example, Billy Casper, who did that quite a bit.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

It will still be about Tiger's rehab.

No one else is making a big sting while he is gone.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

It will still be about Tiger's rehab.

I beg to differ---Tiger is a non-story, but Padraig, who beat Tiger in the Open Championship last year, shot 32 on the back nine on Sunday at Royal Birkdale for back to back wins in that Major. Plus, he hit one of the GREATEST shots in Major Champisonship history with his 5 wood second on the 71st hole that set up an eagle 3. Paddy is now the LEADER of the European team coming to Kentucky to retain the Ryder Cup. No mention of Tiger is necessary at this time since he is inactive.

Tiger? No offense... great player but he is not bigger than the game. Every selection you put down to vote on is an interest if you are a devotee of golf.

Ryder Cup is the next comptition that brings out the best and the worst of the International golfing family. Over the years I have like what the Europeans have brought to the table and the golf they play. I just hope this year the Americans can at least be competitive.

Norman, Duval, Perry, PGA... all great stories within the fabric of the world of golf.

Hit'm straight!

iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

• Administrator
Tiger's second son.

Gee, if you have the scoop on his first son, man you're sitting on the story of the year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger? No offense... great player but he is not bigger than the game. Every selection you put down to vote on is an interest if you are a devotee of golf.

I agree with you on two points:

1. The Ryder Cup matches are HUGE on the world stage, ever since the Euros won in 1985. The intensity is incredible!! 2. Norman, Duval, Perry, the PGA Championship (on a great golf course---Oakland Hills), AND Paddy Harrington's great victory with a 32 on the back nine on Sunday at the Open Championship are ALL great golf stories!!

Gee, if you have the scoop on his first son, man you're sitting on the story of the year.

I do NOT know if that is true or not, BUT-----------Tiger and Elin have a lot of free time on their hands, SO-------------MAYBE!! And then Tiger can help her around the house with chores and watching Sam during her pregnancy!

• Administrator
I do NOT know if that is true or not, BUT-----------Tiger and Elin have a lot of free time on their hands, SO-------------MAYBE!! And then Tiger can help her around the house with chores and watching Sam during her pregnancy!

You missed the point. He has a daughter, not a son, so he couldn't have a "second" son any time soon.

Basherbaker tends to play fast and loose with the truth and facts, and this was yet another example. Sam Alexis Woods is a girl, dude (Basher).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

AK is a very good player

He has real potential and is fulfilling it this year. Remember last year when sportswriters were asking, "Where are the guys in their 20's who are supposed to be up and coming?" They got their answer---Anthony Kim!!

I beg to differ---Tiger is a non-story, but Padraig, who beat Tiger in the Open Championship last year, shot 32 on the back nine on Sunday at Royal Birkdale for back to back wins in that Major. Plus, he hit one of the GREATEST shots in Major Champisonship history with his 5 wood second on the 71st hole that set up an eagle 3. Paddy is now the LEADER of the European team coming to Kentucky to retain the Ryder Cup. No mention of Tiger is necessary at this time since he is inactive.

that does not stop you from mention tiger. i thought the sarazens double eagle was the greatest. tiger's chip at the masters was way better. the tourney was over when harrington hit that shot.

that does not stop you from mention tiger. i thought the sarazens double eagle was the greatest. tiger's chip at the masters was way better. the tourney was over when harrington hit that shot.

You are entitled to your opinions. On the chip shot at Augusta, if you are talking about the 16th hole, then Davis Love had already done that, I believe it was the year before. If you have seen it done, and know how that green slopes down, it really is not that difficult a shot. Harrington hit a 5 metal off a downhill lie, under windy conditions, and if the shot went into the greenside trap and plugged, he could have made bogey, and his lead would have shrunk to one. The tournament was far from over, and all the commentators agreed that shot won it for him. Sinking chip shots occur much more frequently than shots from 215 yards out threading the needle and setting up a short eagle putt.

Tiger has hit many more impressive shots, statistically speaking, than the one that you referred to. It makes for good TV replays because casual golf fans have no clue whether it really is that hard. It looks difficult and the ball tottered on the lip before falling, showing clearly the Nike logo. Maybe Phil Knight had set that whole thing up!! If we asked Tiger to try the shot under the same calm conditions, I would bet he could make it 3 out of 10 times. Do you think Padraig could hit his shot within 4' 3 out of 10 times under the same windy conditions? If Tiger's chip does not go in, he gets par instead of birdie. If Padraig's ball plugs, and he makes bogey, it is a three shot swing, compared to the eagle he actually made. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

• Administrator
Fred/Publisher: Final time I plan to say this: the two of you should put each other on your own ignore lists and be done with it.

You are entitled to your opinions. On the chip shot at Augusta, if you are talking about the 16th hole, then Davis Love had already done that, I believe it was the year before. If you have seen it done, and know how that green slopes down, it really is not that difficult a shot. Harrington hit a 5 metal off a downhill lie, under windy conditions, and if the shot went into the greenside trap and plugged, he could have made bogey, and his lead would have shrunk to one. The tournament was far from over, and all the commentators agreed that shot won it for him. Sinking chip shots occur much more frequently than shots from 215 yards out threading the needle and setting up a short eagle putt.

how do you know he makes bogey if his ball plugs in the bunker that hole was a par 5 not a par 4. in 2005 all the commentators were saying that tiger would be lucky if he get his chip inside dimarco's ball. he was facing bogey at best and if dimarco would have hit his birdie putt he would have taken the lead if tiger went on to bogey 16. to say that chip is easy is not accurate at all. i will take lanny wadkins word because he was the one who said it. it was a great shot by harrington no doubt it will be in the top twenty but from the being one of the greatest shots in major championship history.

I would have to say the Ryder Cup and selections would be the biggest story for the rest of the year, with the PGA a close second.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Fred/Publisher: Final time I plan to say this: the two of you should put each other on your own ignore lists and be done with it.

What's the problem?

It's not like they're at each others throats and swearing left and right that I've seen. It's a heated debate. I don't see a problem with that.

Note: This thread is 5769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!