IGNORED

Legends Reno-Tahoe Open...Michelle Wie is playing!

underparnv
Note: This thread is 5756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Uh, I think she hurt her wrist after a fall while running.

she hurt her wrist and was practicing the next day

and rocky is a MOVIE

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
she hurt her wrist and was practicing the next day

Doesn't change the fact that she hurt her wrist running.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Doesn't change the fact that she hurt her wrist running.

true

;-

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

%$#&!!! I'm trying REALLY hard to stay in Wie's corner, but MAN is she making it difficult. After the DQ this week, I would think that she would redouble her efforts to get her *ish straight on the LPGA Tour. If she wants to play in a men's event so badly, then she should qualify for it instead of taking sponsor exemptions--I afforded her a LOT more respect for her U.S. Open qualifying attempt. At any rate, I lived in Hawaii when she first hit the scene & saw her at my practice range, so she's still my girl. --LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

If she could compete with the men then yes, it would be great to watch.

She has missed the cut with the men by one stroke, and has had 4 or more top 10 finsihes with the women including a second place finish in the LPGA Championship which she lost to Anika. I think she has proven that she can compete.

I think missing the cut by one stroke would tend to say that you are able to compete.
In my bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad
Woods: RPM LP 3W & 5W
Irons: MX-25 4-SWPutter: Detour

She has missed the cut with the men by one stroke, and has had 4 or more top 10 finsihes with the women including a second place finish in the LPGA Championship which she lost to Anika. I think she has proven that she can compete.

but those are exceptions, not the rule

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap

But she still hasn't won anything. In my mind, in order to compete with the men, a woman should at least win a tournament first. I understand she's competed in the past and had a fine showing last weekend, but she still needs to seal the deal on a LPGA Tour win before she can convince me that the reason she's playing is to compete and not just to be a news story. Annika did it the right way when she tried the mens tour because she was simply DOMINATING the LPGA.

My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

...After the DQ this week, I would think that she would redouble her efforts to get her *ish straight on the LPGA Tour...

M.W. has only one LPGA exemption left for the rest of 2008 and that's scheduled to be the CN Canadian Women's Open in August. Maybe she could try to play some women's events in Europe, Asia or the Duramed Futures Tour. But, oh, she's also supposed to be a college student . . . isn't she?

But she still hasn't won anything. In my mind, in order to compete with the men, a woman should at least win a tournament first. I understand she's competed in the past and had a fine showing last weekend, but she still needs to seal the deal on a LPGA Tour win before she can convince me that the reason she's playing is to compete and not just to be a news story. Annika did it the right way when she tried the mens tour because she was simply DOMINATING the LPGA.

Why does a woman have to win a tournament in order to compete with the men? I am not sure about the rationale. Are you saying Ji Young Oh, last weeks winner, would have a better chance at competeing with the men. Her average driver yardage is around 250 yards.

If I had to choose one person to compete with the men it would probably be either Lorena or Wie. I would probably pick Wie because she has shown more of a desire to do it. Frankly I think Annika did it wrong because she truely did it as a side show, one time only against a select field. Wie has shown up at many mens events trying to legitimately compete, not just as a side show. Of course the sponsors love it and it is a good promotion, but I do not think she has ever changed her desire to compete with the men.
In my bag:

but those are exceptions, not the rule

In 2006 that was the rule. In 2007 I agree those are exceptions, but she was injured, exercised bad judgment playing as much as she did and lost some confidence. This year she is beginning to get her game back together. Regardless if they are exceptions or not, I think she has shown that she can compete.

In my bag:

i predict michele wie will sign her scorecard

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

oh dear....her advisers, handlers, coaches, parents, etc...don't they ever learn from their past mistakes? Despite her "eye candy" attributes, she shouldn't be on the pga tour until she's won the grand slam in the lpga tour.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

Lets team Wie up with Daly after his awesome Open performance and let them play Texas Scramble against the field - maybe they make the Cut that way....

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

• Administrator
But she still hasn't won anything.

She won the U.S. Women's Publinks, let's be fair about that. The equivalent on the men's side goes to The Masters every year. Be fair: she's won SOMETHING, and she did at the age of 13.

I think Michelle and her "team" see it this way: she's a "pro" without a Tour, so if she has the chance to promote herself, why not? The Reno-Tahoe is known for low scoring, so it can't hurt her confidence TOO much. If she goes in thinking she won't make the cut and looks at it as a learning experience, again, it can't hurt her too much. Annika benefitted by learning some short game tricks from Tiger - Michelle might from watching the guys. Unfortunately, I doubt any of what I've just said has much to do with how "Team Wie" sees things.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In a way I feel bad for Wie. Even though she brings some of this stuff on herself, she has been mis-managed by everyone that comes in contact with her. Maybe as she gets older now she'll realize that and cut ties where they should be cut (ie quit letting her parents dictate what she does and she she does it).

Anyway, I don't know why people get all fired up about her playing in a PGA Tour event. Who cares. If she keeps getting offers to play in them why not take them. Until she's a full time member of the LPGA and is missing those events to play on the PGA Tour who cares? Why can't she play where she wants if the opportunity is there? Are you telling me that if you were offered a job in your field that you didn't think you were qualified for but the offer was there and you would make twice as much as your current salary...you wouldn't take it? You'd say, "Nah, I'll pass. I don't think I'm good enough to work with the people at that level so I'm going to pass."

And for the poster that wondered how the LPGA felt about it...the hell with them! If I was Wie I'd play a PGA Tour even just to stick it to them after what they did to her this past weekend. I know she broke the rule (as stupid as it may be) and she deserved to be DQ'd as a result. However, waiting until after her round the following day to DQ her? That's Bush League!! They say they wanted to get her side of the story?? Does it matter what her side of the story was? If she didn't sign it she didn't sign it, it doesn't matter why right? The LPGA really dropped the ball on that one big time.
In My Bag ( Superlight 3.5):

Driver: 9.5* Burner SuperFast, Matrix Ozik XCon 4.8 Stiff
Fairway Woods: Steelhead III, Uniflex Steel (3w, 5w)
Hybrids: Big Bertha Heavenwood 4H, Uniflex SteelIrons: Victory Red Full Cavity, Stiff (5-AW)Wedges: WALTER HAGEN,...

All I can say is this - 'best of luck...again'

It would be cool if she made the cut, and I do agree with the idea that this can only serve to help boost her confidence - not kill it. I doubt she expects to win this event.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I think Michelle and her "team" see it this way: she's a "pro" without a Tour, so if she has the chance to promote herself, why not?

She can fix that by going to tour school and getting her card. Hmmmm.......I guess team Wie is above that.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I just don't get it. This is comical for so many reasons. Michelle Wie cannot win a LPGA event and she is entering a PGA Tour event???????? At least when Anika did it, she was clearly the best female golfer in the world.

I find the sponsor's comments very funny. I think they mentioned something like "Michelle is ready to test her game on the best tour in the world". What has led them to believe this? She is barely making cuts on the LPGA tour. Complete joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW
Wedge X-Forged 62*, 56*, 50*
Studio Select 34" MS Newport 2 TP Red

Note: This thread is 5756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!