IGNORED

Legends Reno-Tahoe Open...Michelle Wie is playing!

underparnv
Note: This thread is 5767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
This wont be the first time I have called MW out for what she is... a fraud,pure and simple. She cannot compete on the LPGA tour

So the five top fives in majors or whatever she's had means she can't compete? Or the fact that she was quite likely going to win the State Farm tournament before she got DQed (and even if she hadn't, would have

earned her LPGA card with a top-three finish)? Your comment lacks merit. She has competed. 2007 was an anomaly due to an injury, and that's becoming evident now as her play improves to its former levels.
It's clear that Standford's admission process is REALLY stringent...ah, the power of ca$$$$h money...

Right, so you happen to know her SAT scores, too, right? C'mon, buddy, cut the crap. Like Stanford wants to be in the news for bringing on an idiot. It's not like she can help their athletic program.

Looks guys, the way I see it, it's pretty simple. Michelle has one tournament left to play on the LPGA Tour. It's the Canadian Open. She apparently decided it's better to play competitively - and perhaps learn from the guys - than to just hit balls on the range for a few weeks. She can't go play the LPGA Tour more than one more time. She's a pro golfer. Reno-Tahoe is closer than the Japanese Tour. So why not? I don't want to see her making a habit of it - I think trying to hit it far like the guys led to some bad swing issues - but here and there, until she has an LPGA card and can play more than six events or whatever it is, so be it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I agree. Its realistically her only option at the minuite if she wants to get some competitive (hopefully) play in under her belt before her final, make of break, exemption on the LPGA tour.
I'll be rooting for her (always have)
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

i predict that michele wie wins the legends reno tahoe open

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

i like michelle. i hope she does well, and i think she has been shafted a lot in her life despite her obvious gifts, talent, and fortune.

Colin P.

'Three top pros have questioned Michelle Wie's decision to skip this week's Women's British Open at Sunningdale in order to play a men's PGA Tour event. Annika Sorenstam, Paula Creamer and Helen Alfredsson were all critical of the 18-year-old's latest move.
Alfredsson criticised the guidance Wie gets from her parents, who manage her. The Swede, 43, fresh from winning the Evian Masters, said: "I feel sad for her and for the guidance that she seems not to have in the right direction. I think she's a very good person but the exhibition time for her is over."

Alfredsson's fellow Swede Sorenstam is preparing for her final major before she retires at the end of the season. Chasing her 11th major and 73rd career title, Sorenstam said: "We all have different agendas in life but I really don't know why Michelle continues to do this. We have a major this week and, if you can't qualify for a major, I don't see any reason why you should play with the men."

While most of the top women golfers descend on Sunningdale, Wie is in Reno, Nevada, making her eighth US Tour appearance.

But the American has plunged down the rankings to 244th in the women's game, and risks becoming one of the curiosities of the game, rather than the outstanding champion she once seemed destined to be. '
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

We have a major this week and, if you can't qualify for a major, I don't see any reason why you should play with the men."

i am sure michele would be playing in the british open if she qualified so why not play somewhere else?

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

• Administrator
i am sure michele would be playing in the british open if she qualified so why not play somewhere else?

I heard she pulled out of qualifying in a field where 18 of the 80 gals playing qualified, including Sam Head from the Big Break (qualified). So it seems likely she might have made it through if she had tried.

So I think Annika's statement has a little merit. The Women's British wouldn't count against her LPGA exemption limit, either. Though, I believe, nor would it do much for her status on the LPGA Tour, I think... (see also: Stacy Lewis at the U.S. Women's Open).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I heard she pulled out of qualifying in a field where 18 of the 80 gals playing qualified, including Sam Head from the Big Break (qualified). So it seems likely she might have made it through if she had tried.

didn't know that, thanks

So the five top fives in majors or whatever she's had means she can't compete? Or the fact that she was quite likely going to win the State Farm tournament before she got DQed (and even if she hadn't, would have

So, Wie has had some top five finishes on the LPGA. Can Wie compete on the LPGA tour? Perhaps... However, the real question is, can Wie compete in the Reno-Tahoe Open(with the men)? The way I see it, it's quite simple... Wie needs to DOMINATE on the LPGA tour(ie not just top 5's).... and earn the right to play the Reno-Tahoe Open... anything less is an insult to the LPGA tours players and looks like a hyped up media sham.

While we don't know Wie's SAT scores... We can know her reaction to Stanford via her interviews... This one comes to mind, about 1 1/2 years ago on the golf channel. (Golf channel correspondent) So, Michelle how are you going to like going to Stanford? (Wie) Like going to college, is like, going to be like really really cool. I'm like, goin' to have a lot of free time... to like, hang out with my friends and like play golf... (Me) WTF??? Was that spoken with the articulation and urbanity of someone that got into Stanford by merit of their SAT/ACT scores?

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

Hahahahahahahahahahaha I think that has got to be the funniest thing I have ever read. Lets just hope she dosnt come down with heat exhaustion. Keep dreaming that she is going to win

So, Wie has had some top five finishes on the LPGA. Can Wie compete on the LPGA tour? Perhaps... However, the real question is, can Wie compete in the Reno-Tahoe Open(with the men)? The way I see it, it's quite simple... Wie needs to DOMINATE on the LPGA tour(ie not just top 5's).... and earn the right to play the Reno-Tahoe Open... anything less is an insult to the LPGA tours players and looks like a hyped up media sham.

The top half of the PGA Tour won't even be there because of the Bridgestone. So its not like she's competing with the cream... I think she's got a good shot at making the cut. Whatever the SAT/ACT is ((sorry I'm not an American)I'm guessing its a standardised test), it won't necessarily dictate that the person who scores highly is a perfect linguist. I'm a third year university student of Chemical Engineering. Am I stupid If I'm a poor conversationalist? I'm sick of people assuming thet Michelle Wie is stupid because she says 'like' alot. Its a colloquialism for crying out loud! One of the smartest men I've ever met says 'clearly' even more regularly than Wie says 'like'
i could beat michelle wie. oh and she is not hot.

No, you probably couldn't.

I think she is, anyway. Bye!
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

I am a laid back person. But I would love to slap her parents/advisors. She couldn't win a high school tournament right now much less make a cut at a PGA event or an LPGA event. Stupid sideshow.

I am a laid back person. But I would love to slap her parents/advisors. She couldn't win a high school tournament right now much less make a cut at a PGA event or an LPGA event. Stupid sideshow.

You may want to slap yourself for not having a clue. She has made cuts this year on the LPGA Tour. In fact was in a great position to win two weeks ago if not for a stupid,

off course , violation. Can she make the cut with the men? Maybe, maybe not, but she has shown in the past and in recent weeks that she can compete with the women on tour.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Michelle Wie should not play in my opinion, not really because women should stay on their tour but because there is absolutely no way she has earned it

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

How cool is that?!? I get to see her in person

That is cool. My son and I saw her during the two practice rounds at the US Women's Open at Newport Country Club in 2006. She was very fan friendly and we did get her autograph and took pictures. More importantly, we watched what she was doing. Because the course is near the ocean and it is very windy there, she was hitting many knock down shots under the watchful eye of David Leadbetter. And---she was striking the ball well. 2006 was a good year for her---her LAST good year.

I have started a thread where I offer my analysis of what is wrong with Fortress Wie, so I will not bother to get into that here. We wish Michelle the best, and have always liked her, BUT------------we were all too aware of unrealistic expectations and poor decisions. We will be interested in what you have to report on your observations.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• Administrator
Can Wie compete on the LPGA tour?

Yes. There's no "perhaps" about it.

However, the real question is, can Wie compete in the Reno-Tahoe Open(with the men)?

That's not the real question, that's YOUR question.

I think she might just be using this as a way to practice under tournament conditions for her final LPGA event of the year. She may not be trying to "compete" - she might just be "practicing." You don't know, so asking a question as if you do know what her motivations for playing is a "wie" bit silly, no? You're assuming you know what she expects to get out of the tournament. We don't know that. None of us do. She knows, and maybe her coaches and parents know.
WTF???

So she's nervous in front of the camera? Who knows. She talks like almost every other 17-year old girl on the planet.

i could beat michelle wie.

No, you couldn't.

She couldn't win a high school tournament right now much less make a cut at a PGA event or an LPGA event. Stupid sideshow.

Stupid post.

You may not like to hear it, and other people might think "there's iacas being a jerk again," but I'm sorry, a spade's a spade. She's made several cuts on the LPGA Tour this year and would likely have won on the LPGA Tour if they had an official in the scoring tent (and/or she wasn't a ditz).

The top half of the PGA Tour won't even be there because of the Bridgestone. So its not like she's competing with the cream... I think she's got a good shot at making the cut.

Is that her goal? Just make the cut?

Whatever the SAT/ACT is ((sorry I'm not an American)I'm guessing its a standardised test), it won't necessarily dictate that the person who scores highly is a perfect linguist. I'm a third year university student of Chemical Engineering. Am I stupid If I'm a poor conversationalist?

So she's nervous in front of the camera? Who knows. She talks like almost every other 17-year old girl on the planet.

While I am all for giving someone the benefit of a doubt about scholastic ability, we MUST admit that her(Wie's) "colloquialism" and articulation, falls way short of average in other young ladies attending prestigious universities. (ie these are NOT your average 17-year old girls here)

Yes. There's no "perhaps" about it.

And yet there is NO LPGA win either.

That's not the real question, that's YOUR question.

The thread IS titled(Legends Reno-Tahoe Open...Michelle Wie is playing!) Is it not a "wie" bit silly to assume she is playing the tourney but not competing?(even if her goal is to just make the cut) Couldn't Wie just "practice" across the pond in a womens major? I'm not assuming I know anything about her expectations for the mens event. I do however, question the logic. It's like a good(not great) division 2 college football player decides to play in(insert a non-winning NFL team here)... the college guy would still get killed... it's a whole different level of performance required for the player... It doesn't make sense.

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

Note: This thread is 5767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!