IGNORED

HIGHWAY 18 - Slow Play Is Not An Option

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I was lucky to catch Charlotte and the two Ash's tonight after the show to get their perspectives. Seems a lot happened behind the scenes we didn't see.

GGG - Verrry interesting interviews with Charlotte, Ashleigh & Little Miss Trouble.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW...Charlotte just wanted to let you know...she's reading this thread too.

Ahhhhh crap.

I guess I can go ahead and add her to the list of beautiful women I managed to inadvertently offend. And this one kicks ass at golf. Oh well, I'm still going to follow her golf. Would love to see that great smile on the LPGA. Maybe I'll order a Blingo to try to make up for my indiscretions. Do they come in manly flavors? Gayle, I was disappointed to witness the demise of GFW. The blogs from you, GolfChick, GolfGirl, etc. and the tournament reports from Ashley Mayo were endlessly entertaining. (I swear, I was about to order a subcription to the magazine when they announced the discontinuation. Better tips and actual, you know . . . articles about female golfers. - gasp !) Any chance for a resurrection under the "Golf Digest Woman" umbrella?

• Administrator
Maybe I'll order a Blingo to try to make up for my indiscretions. Do they come in manly flavors?

You know,

Charlotte's email address isn't exactly a state secret, Harry. Good luck. As for last night's show, I found the editing to be pretty silly too. I was under the assumption that everyone completed the putting challenge (stupid, stupid challenge) in about the same amount of time, and yet when they're sent off, Rob and Charlotte (hi) were last? How is that? They started the putting challenge second. If they're going to penalize people for bad driving, why not tell us? Instead we're just left confused. I also think the wording on the challenges is a bit off: "they will compete as a team and must complete the hole in par or better..." or however it's worded. I always take that to mean that they must both compete simultaneously. So par par wins, birdie-bogey wins, etc. Instead, one partner makes par and they're done, while their partner keeps replaying the hole? I don't know... something about the wording thinks it should be a team score all around, and both partners should play each time. Glad R&J; are gone. Sick of Jay yelling at his dad (and sick of Peach's socks, too). I've been rooting for Rob and Charlotte since the start - mostly because I think Rob's a bit like me, and they're about the only team I don't have a reason to dislike (of those remaining - the Carolina Boys were not disliked either).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In Gayle's interview of Charlotte, Charlotte reveals that the producers are giving time penalties for driving violations. Charlotte got a 5 minute penalty (she "ran a yellow") and Peach and Jay got one too. That explains how Rob and Charlotte got so far behind after the road challenge. (Charlotte makes some good noises in the interview too!)

Good to see you paying attention, Harry :)

I just finished up the interviews with Jameica and Rob as well - so check those out. And I said "chatting with Ashleigh next week" not "caddying" - sorry for the bad connection on that part of the taping. Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

You know,

I saw that when the show first started, and it crossed my mind. But it just seemed too stalkerish. She's a sweet girl and I'm sure she's already getting more ridiculous email than she can manage. I wouldn't want to add to that.

I'm content just to watch her lovely golf swing and cheer her on. Oh, and I know we haven't said a lot about Rob, but damn he impressed me on last night's show. I wish I could be that positive all the time.

If they're going to penalize people for bad driving, why not tell us? Instead we're just left confused.

I agree. One of the contestants (Jay, I think) said something that made me believe they were playing it that way last night too. I was kinda disappointed to see I had just misunderstood.

Glad R&J; are gone.

I agree

Sick of Jay yelling at his dad (and sick of Peach's socks, too).

I've been sick of Jay since episode 1 and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one annoyed by Peaches socks lol.

I've been rooting for Rob and Charlotte since the start - mostly because I think Rob's a bit like me, and they're about the only team I don't have a reason to dislike (of those remaining - the Carolina Boys were not disliked either).

These are the only two teams I've liked since the second or third show. Due to yet another anti-climactic Golf Channel ad, it looks like Rob and Charlotte are easily in control of the contest now. I hope they hold up.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

In her interview, Charlotte said that the penalties for driving were not shown "for legal reasons."

I'm just speculating here, but I'm guessing that TGC doesn't want the viewers (or the authorities) to know that these type of shows tend to encourage less than perfect driving behaviors. (Not that that is really a surprise to anyone.)

I was under the assumption that everyone completed the putting challenge (stupid, stupid challenge) in about the same amount of time, and yet when they're sent off, Rob and Charlotte (hi) were last? How is that? They started the putting challenge second.

They did put up a scoreboard after the "putting" croquet challenge that said how long it took each team to finish... Rob & Charlotte's time was significantly longer than the other teams.. I think they added their completion time to their arrival & that's why Rob & Charlotte were last.

If they're going to penalize people for bad driving, why not tell us? Instead we're just left confused.

I'd bet it's not in the Golf Channel's best interests to advertise that people were on the roads driving crazy (or even illegally) I'd always assumed that's why they never said anything about it in the episodes.

I still don't understand why the Ashleys were complaing when Raul didn't let them into the lane. The camera showed that it was a two turn left lane and the girls chose the inside left lane and Raul just kept on his outer left lane to make the left turn. And weren't they the same girls that told a cable guy to drive slow? UGH!!

I wonder how much these little reality-based-golf shows creating notoriety for a host of 15-minute public figures have increased interest and spectatorship in the Durameds Future Tour? I have to admit, if that tour ever ventures close to DC, I'd be up for a fieldtrip and potential photo ops with some of my favorites, including Charlotte. Would that make one a stalker?

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

150 million bonus points go to whoever can get Char to sign up for an account and start posting

Oh, I think Charlotte said in her last GG interview that she isn't permitted to post on the forums while the show is airing.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

"One"? - No.

Now that's funny.

Who wants to see Peach and Jay sent home next episode?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Who wants to see Peach and Jay sent home next episode?

I do! Something about their arrogance or something, bugs me

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Can they just send Jay home? Even if they don't come in last?
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Note: This thread is 5036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!