IGNORED

Player of the year?

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No doubt it's Padraig. His putting is almost as clutch as Tiger's. Ok maybe I'm getting a little out of hand.

I don't think you're out of hand. Paddy putted lights out all day Sunday. hardly missed a beat.

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Paddy. We need a pole on this.

Yeah a pole dancer would be great!!

(JK)
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

i don't think we need a pole. harrington won 2 majors and finished tied for 5th in the masters. let me reiterate...I am a HUGE TIGER FAN...but this award, if it were given out today, is harringtons. let's just wait until after the playoffs and start this thread again.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

hands down, padraig harrington, to win two majors in incredible, it doesnt matter if they were without Tiger or not, the beat the best players in the world. He has now won 3 of the last 6 majors, the real question should be, who is the #2 player in the world, mickelson or harrington?

909D3 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 7 Lime Green Exotics cb2 15 Aldila DVS S-85 Slingshot 17° UST Irod S-110g G10 21° TFC S-129g i10 S300 Green Dot 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 56° and 60° Made for the Tour AOP Newport PP

Age 16

Home CoursesRoyal Hawk...

This is not unlike the year that Duval dominated the world but O'Meara won two majors. Impossible to ignore and it all adds up to player of the year. I love Norman too but he will be the first to tell you that 3 rounds in a row does not matter in a major... especially the first three!

Driver 9.5* 905T w/ Stiff V2 Shaft
3 Wood 15* 906F2 w/ Stiff V2 Shaft
Irons AP2 3-P w/ Project X 5.5
Wedges Vokey 200 series 52* and SM 58*
Putter Black series No. 1Ball TP Black

Tiger was clearly the best (again) when he was healthy and what he did at the US Open was simply amazing but to me there's no question who the player of the year is. Padraig Harrington.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

If someone wins two majors and does not get player of the year award that is just not fair. It should go the Paddy.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

Paddy Or Tiger?

You are right. His win at the PGA Championship nailed it down for him. How can anyone say Tiger or anyone else, when Paddy won 50% of the Majors played, and successfully defended his Open Championship title in the process? 32 on the back nine on Sunday in both of his Major wins?? He not only won; he CHARGED to victory in both cases!!

Does one have to play a certain number of PGA tour events to qaulify for PGA player of the year? If so I wonder if Padraig qaulifies? He surely will be the European tour player of the year.

Paddy does qualify, but it is interesting that you ask the question. In 1990, Nick Faldo won the Masters and the Open Championship and WAS NOT elected the PGA Tour Player of the Year!!

Wayne Levi, with four victories, beat out Greg Norman in the poll of the Tour players. Faldo was ineligible for the award since he was NOT a member of the Tour.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Tiger Woods will win player of the year via Affirmative Action.

Brandon Sweet
Handicap: 11.6
I play on the Hop Brook Server

Inventory:Driver- Burner 9.5 degree3 Wood- BurnerHybrid 3 Iron- R7 Rescue DrawIrons (4-PW)- RAC MBWedges- Vokey Design 56 and 60 degreePutter- Teardrop Roll-Face

• 2 weeks later...
Vijay keeps this roll going and he is (if not already) into the mix. Now #1 on the money list and won big tournaments here at the end of the season.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Vijay keeps this roll going and he is (if not already) into the mix. Now #1 on the money list and won big tournaments here at the end of the season.

I think he'll have to win all 4 "playoff" events to get that honor, you don't deserve POTY honors if you are missing cuts in majors IMO.

My vote would be for Padraig
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

as much as I am not a fan of "the Irish woodchuck", I think he is most deserving this year.

Had Tiger putted slightly better at the Master's and won, then he would have it hands down.

Tiger will offset his Player of the Year loss by making another baby. you heard it here first.

ta-dah! was i right or what? Tiger just announced that his daughter will become a big sister.

My Blog

Paddy is the guy. Which makes this playoff system look VERY bad, as he's not top-30 for the tour Championship.

"Keep it in the short grass."

Driver: Titleist 905R 9.5 deg., w/ ProForce V2 shaft
3W: Callaway X-Hot 15 deg., Grafalloy Blue stiff
Hybrid/Util: Callaway Heavenwood 2H, 17 deg., Grafalloy Blue stiff Hybrid/Util: Hogan 3H 21 deg., TT Dyn.Gld stiffIrons: Callaway X-18 Pro Series, 3-PW, TT Dyn. Gld...

Note: This thread is 5718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!