IGNORED

Player of the year?

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Paddy Or Tiger?

2 majors for Paddy
US Open for Tiger

Who should win player of the year?

I say Paddy, since he won two majors this year.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Got to be Paddy in my opinion, won two majors and as far as I know has the lowest combined scoring total of the four majors.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Prior to Padraig winning the PGA I would have said Tiger (based on his # of wins and winning %). It's all Paddy's now though. Two majors is way too much to get past...

Got to be Paddy in my opinion, won two majors and as far as I know has the lowest combined scoring total of the four majors.

Amen to that! Has to be Paddy-Tiger's US Open was out of this world but two majors...

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

I say Paddy. Tigers US Open was brilliant and all, but Padraig had two sublime majors.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Does one have to play a certain number of PGA tour events to qaulify for PGA player of the year? If so I wonder if Padraig qaulifies? He surely will be the European tour player of the year.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

Tiger made six starts on the PGA Tour this year. Harrington has made eleven. If there is a minimum, then Tiger does not qualify. I don't know if there is an events number, however, its the players who actually decide the winner.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

• Administrator
Tiger made six starts on the PGA Tour this year. Harrington has made eleven. If there is a minimum, then Tiger does not qualify.

He's on medical leave, so I think he would qualify.

Regardless, I don't think there's a minimum, but the guy has to be a member of the PGA Tour. Harrington, I believe, is a member in good standing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Harrington has got to be the PGA player of the year so far. Tiger's performance at the US Open was good, and it was a spectacle to watch, but he hardly beat a world class player to win. In both majors, Harrington beat a world class field twice so i feel that he deserves this award. I would put Greg Norman in second place due to his performance at The Open (British) and Tiger a close third with Sergio and Kenny Perry (sorry to e controversial, but i don't come on here to add to my portfolio of friends and acquiantances).

I'd give it to both of them.

That's not the way it goes obviously, just saying. Both are great golf players. 2008 isn't the final year of golf, there are still many more years for those two.

Harrington has got to be the PGA player of the year so far. Tiger's performance at the US Open was good, and it was a spectacle to watch, but he hardly beat a world class player to win. In both majors, Harrington beat a world class field twice so i feel that he deserves this award. I would put Greg Norman in second place due to his performance at The Open (British) and Tiger a close third with Sergio and Kenny Perry (sorry to e controversial, but i don't come on here to add to my portfolio of friends and acquiantances).

whats the difference between the field that was at the masters and us open? i didn't know that the Open Champ and the PGA had "better players". Oh, and Greg Norman? LOL. I love Greg Norman but he's had his time. And by the way...that time didn't come with any majors. And Sergio? another LOL. Yet another player who hasn't won a major. So it's not like Paddy took out someone like Tiger playing his A game or even Phil or Vijay playing their A game.

I think it's Padraigs award, but your reasoning is just...i don't know. There's no words for it.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

whats the difference between the field that was at the masters and us open? i didn't know that the Open Champ and the PGA had "better players". Oh, and Greg Norman? LOL. I love Greg Norman but he's had his time. And by the way...that time didn't come with any majors. And Sergio? another LOL. Yet another player who hasn't won a major. So it's not like Paddy took out someone like Tiger playing his A game or even Phil or Vijay playing their A game.

Padraig can only beat what is put in front of him. He played out of is skin to win the British and beat Sergio, ben Curtis and some big names to win the PGA Champs.

1 Harrington 2 Greg Norman 3 Tiger and Kenny Perry. Its a subjective thing player of the year and you dont necessarily have to give it to the best player playing the best golf. Ive given it for memorability as well as player performance.

I think it should be Harrington no matter what. As much as I love Tiger, you just can't give it to him since he only was around for half the year. And please tell me that you're kidding me with throwing Greg Norman's name into the mix. Stupidest thing I've ever read, if that is what you mean.
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

If I had to decide right now, I'd say Harrington; with big tournaments on the horizon, if Perry wins one or two of those, he'd be the only one who I think could possibly surpass him at this point.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Paddy gets my vote.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!